2020-2021 Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! I saw that the average acceptance was 508 last year, it seems to me this year they’re looking for a higher score judging off of my friends who all have been accepted this cycle given that they had 4.0s and a hard science research background. Going off of that, for those who don’t mind, could you share your stats? I have a 509 and 3.8! And I understand if you don’t feel comfortable sharing.
 
Hey guys! I saw that the average acceptance was 508 last year, it seems to me this year they’re looking for a higher score judging off of my friends who all have been accepted this cycle given that they had 4.0s and a hard science research background. Going off of that, for those who don’t mind, could you share your stats? I have a 509 and 3.8! And I understand if you don’t feel comfortable sharing.
Haven't been accepted but I kind of got this vibe from the admin during the interview day.
 
Hey guys! I saw that the average acceptance was 508 last year, it seems to me this year they’re looking for a higher score judging off of my friends who all have been accepted this cycle given that they had 4.0s and a hard science research background. Going off of that, for those who don’t mind, could you share your stats? I have a 509 and 3.8! And I understand if you don’t feel comfortable sharing.
They always accept higher stats/more competitive people first. The acceptances aren’t done, so they will begin to accept lower stat applicants as the cycle progresses
 
Haven't been accepted but I kind of got this vibe from the admin during the interview day.
Do you remember what they said specifically or what gave you that impression? I'm trying to remember if I got any specific impressions during my interview day, but it's honestly all a blur at this point.
 
Do you remember what they said specifically or what gave you that impression? I'm trying to remember if I got any specific impressions during my interview day, but it's honestly all a blur at this point.
They showed the stats for their current accepted students for this cycle which was like 3.7-3.8/512 at the time and made a comment about trying to maintain/increase their MCAT average. Also, the addition of research-integrated curriculum made it seem like they were trying to recruit "higher caliber" students. Maybe my memory is distorted though lol and this was in November
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why would you choose Tucson over Phoenix?
Mostly I prefer Tucson bc I love that Tucson has the Bilingual Medical Spanish distinction track, which Phoenix doesn't offer. I also would prefer to live in Tucson over Phoenix, bc I think Tucson fits my family dynamic better. I'm not saying anything negative about Phoenix or its program; I just personally prefer Tucson.
 
I just got the call! They’re coming out today friends (first time posting but I have been reading the forum since and I have come to know some of you on a superficial level, forgive me if friends is too formal). It’s been a journey. Stats because I know I’ll get asked : MCAT 504, sgpa 3.61 gpa 3.7.
CONGRATS!!! May I ask when you interviewed?
 
I just got the call! They’re coming out today friends (first time posting but I have been reading the forum since and I have come to know some of you on a superficial level, forgive me if friends is too formal). It’s been a journey. Stats because I know I’ll get asked : MCAT 504, sgpa 3.61 gpa 3.7.
Congrats!!! Were you on the Interview Waitlist by any chance?
 
I just got the call! They’re coming out today friends (first time posting but I have been reading the forum since and I have come to know some of you on a superficial level, forgive me if friends is too formal). It’s been a journey. Stats because I know I’ll get asked : MCAT 504, sgpa 3.61 gpa 3.7.
CONGRATS!!!!!! THATS AMAZING!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO YAYAYAYAYYAYYAYYAYAYAY
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad