2020-2021 Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How is everyone doing?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
have not been this stressed since the freaking mcat lol

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I'm gonna be really sad if there are no calls today, and then the WL comes out next Friday (which would be in April).

Hey guys! I saw that the average acceptance was 508 last year, it seems to me this year they’re looking for a higher score judging off of my friends who all have been accepted this cycle given that they had 4.0s and a hard science research background. Going off of that, for those who don’t mind, could you share your stats? I have a 509 and 3.8! And I understand if you don’t feel comfortable sharing.

Hey guys! I saw that the average acceptance was 508 last year, it seems to me this year they’re looking for a higher score judging off of my friends who all have been accepted this cycle given that they had 4.0s and a hard science research background. Going off of that, for those who don’t mind, could you share your stats? I have a 509 and 3.8! And I understand if you don’t feel comfortable sharing.
Haven't been accepted but I kind of got this vibe from the admin during the interview day.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm gonna be really sad if there are no calls today, and then the WL comes out next Friday (which would be in April).
Honestly I think this is what's going to happen :( I would love to be proven wrong though

They always accept higher stats/more competitive people first. The acceptances aren’t done, so they will begin to accept lower stat applicants as the cycle progresses

It’s because they have to keep up with UA Phoenix’s 514 MCAT average (they don’t wanna be left behind)

Haven't been accepted but I kind of got this vibe from the admin during the interview day.
Do you remember what they said specifically or what gave you that impression? I'm trying to remember if I got any specific impressions during my interview day, but it's honestly all a blur at this point.

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s because they have to keep up with UA Phoenix’s 514 MCAT average (they don’t wanna be left behind)
Really hope that's not the only reason. Stats aren't everything. I would choose Tucson over Phoenix any day if I had the choice.

Do you remember what they said specifically or what gave you that impression? I'm trying to remember if I got any specific impressions during my interview day, but it's honestly all a blur at this point.
They showed the stats for their current accepted students for this cycle which was like 3.7-3.8/512 at the time and made a comment about trying to maintain/increase their MCAT average. Also, the addition of research-integrated curriculum made it seem like they were trying to recruit "higher caliber" students. Maybe my memory is distorted though lol and this was in November

Why would you choose Tucson over Phoenix?
Mostly I prefer Tucson bc I love that Tucson has the Bilingual Medical Spanish distinction track, which Phoenix doesn't offer. I also would prefer to live in Tucson over Phoenix, bc I think Tucson fits my family dynamic better. I'm not saying anything negative about Phoenix or its program; I just personally prefer Tucson.

I just got the call! They’re coming out today friends (first time posting but I have been reading the forum since and I have come to know some of you on a superficial level, forgive me if friends is too formal). It’s been a journey. Stats because I know I’ll get asked : MCAT 504, sgpa 3.61 gpa 3.7.

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
I just got the call! They’re coming out today friends (first time posting but I have been reading the forum since and I have come to know some of you on a superficial level, forgive me if friends is too formal). It’s been a journey. Stats because I know I’ll get asked : MCAT 504, sgpa 3.61 gpa 3.7.
OMG!!!!!! CONGRATSSSSSSS. And thank you for telling us!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Congrats, and be sure to celebrate, future doctor! :)

Reactions: 2 users
CONGRATS!!! May I ask when you interviewed?

Congrats! When did you interview?

Congratulations!!!

Congrats!!! Were you on the Interview Waitlist by any chance?

CONGRATS!!!!!! THATS AMAZING!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO YAYAYAYAYYAYYAYYAYAYAY

Anyone else just chilling and waiting for that deferral email? 😌

Reactions: 6 users
Telling myself the day is still young! I was really thinking we’d hear of multiple acceptances today

Is anyone else uber frustrated at how long this is being dragged out? We need to know what to do with our lives! o_O

Reactions: 4 users
LOL 😂 I saw that too... To be honest I am a little disappointed in them. I thought they had the most communicative and helpful admin out there, but seeing this makes me feel like they might not care about how difficult it is for all of us out there waiting to here from them.
+1

+1. Seriously hoping the WL and Rs come out next. This has been a long, long, long journey.

Reactions: 4 users
+1. Seriously hoping the WL and Rs come out next. This has been a long, long, long journey.
Seriously.. If they don't come out soon ima be reeeeeal disappointed. Can't keep these good vibes and positivity going forever y'all :grumpy:

• Haha
A little late, but just got the acceptance email today!! No call which was weird, found out just through the portal.

Stats for anyone who is curious: 517 MCAT, 3.24 sGPA, 3.41 cGPA.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
A little late, but just got the email today as well!! No call which was weird, found out just through the portal.

Stats for anyone who is curious: 517 MCAT, 3.24 sGPA, 3.41 cGPA.
Sorry, you’re saying you were accepted or deferred today?