2020-2021 Columbia VP&S

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Does anyone else's NetPartner show that they need the MD Activity Questionnaire, but on the financial aid website the form is "under construction"? Same thing with "Why I did not file a tax return"

Just want to make sure thats normal!
 
Yeah I think it’s normal, I emailed the office a few days ago and they said that the questionnaire and other forms should be available “within a week or so”
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody know how I can set up an informal “tour” with a current student? Thinking of going to see the place soon. Congrats to everybody btw
 
Is anyone else's FASFA form still showing up as "Not Received"? I've had my Netpartner login since for about two weeks, and my FASFA was submitted in mid-February.
 
are the tax returns required for 2020 and if so, how would we upload those?
We upload them through something called IDOC. Once you submit your CSS profile to Columbia, a blurb appears under the heading "Next Steps" with a link to the IDOC site. When you're there, it'll guide you through the process of uploading your tax returns
 
Does anyone know if update letters and letters of interest / intent for waitlisted students should just be submitted via the updates tab on the portal vs. emailed to the admissions office email address?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Soooo I didn’t file 2019 taxes, but the “Why I did not file a Tax Return” form seems perpetually under construction lol. Everything else is complete on my NetPartner though, anyone else in this predicament?
 
Wondering if anyone knows when Columbia starts making waitlist decisions. Will it all happen post April 15? Or could there be admitted waitlisters at anytime
 
Rankings are not the end all be all. But to answer, no. The other schools that are currently ranked number 6 with Columbia (UCSF, WashU, UCLA) have all cracked the Top 5 at one point in time, but Columbia has only peaked at #6. There's a thread with historical usnews rankings that confirms this. It isn't even the "best" school in new york now with NYU at #4. Sorry
Top 10 most if its life is still pretty damn good!
 
Did any accepted applicants receive an emailed letter today about the drop deadline?? One of my friends did, but me and another have not.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
me @ columbia rn

1620112745896.png
 
i deadass got an email saying I was pulled off the WL then 2hrs later got an email saying that was incorrect and that columbia is overfull rn 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃 thank god i hadnt told my parents yet
oh. my. gosh.
 
i deadass got an email saying I was pulled off the WL then 2hrs later got an email saying that was incorrect and that columbia is overfull rn 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃 thank god i hadnt told my parents yet
So, overfull. This is a bad sign, right? Means that either they didn't have many withdrawals or they're already through their waitlist movement
 
yeah i think we might be out of luck unless ppl literally get pulled off the WL for like ... harvard and drop their Columbia A
Damn I am sorry that happened to you. Really messed up of them to rescind an acceptance like that.

And they over-accepted students? Shameful tbh. This cycle has already been such a mess.
 
So besides those shenanigans a few days ago, has anyone else heard of any movement here?
I know of someone who has gotten off the WL. Just checked and several students have joined the GroupMe since April 30 but not sure if they just got off the WL or joined late.
 
Just called the admissions office to ask about the waitlist. They said they pull people up in real time as spots become available. The man who answered said that the fact that they aren’t pulling from the waitlist means the class is full right now
 
Just called the admissions office to ask about the waitlist. They said they pull people up in real time as spots become available. The man who answered said that the fact that they aren’t pulling from the waitlist means the class is full right now
Thanks for calling and for sharing what you found out. Considering how little movement I anticipate to occur this late in the game, seems like I am DOA. appreciate it, again.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last I heard class was still full. With CTE date coming up I hope some people drop otherwise I guess we just be sad