2020-2021 Florida Atlantic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who got the R-did you get an email or just check your portal? Mine currently says "current status-not accepted" so is that they are still working or my application has been rejected?
Email. Here's a clip of what the email said:

"I must inform you, with sincere regret, that the Committee on Admissions at the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University has completed its selection of the class entering Fall 2021. "

I think it's over for everyone, sorry 🙁
 
Email. Here's a clip of what the email said:

"I must inform you, with sincere regret, that the Committee on Admissions at the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University has completed its selection of the class entering Fall 2021. "

I think it's over for everyone, sorry 🙁
Weird because I didn’t get an email.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After filling out FAFSA and the scholarship application, has anyone gotten their financial aid package yet?
I haven't but am wondering the same. I'm still working on an essay or two before submitting the scholarship form. Do you by any chance have any idea if financial aid package would be offered off just FAFSA alone?
 
is the class full? haven't heard anything from them so just wishing they would hurry the heck up on my rejection letter.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, small update. I now know of two OOS individuals who were taken off from the waitlist this week. So it seems that they're trying to fill OOS seats first.
Thanks for the update! Though I have already been accepted elsewhere, I am still holding out hope that I hear back from FAU!
 
Hey all, small update. I now know of two OOS individuals who were taken off from the waitlist this week. So it seems that they're trying to fill OOS seats first.
Thanks for the info. I'm OOS and a bit nervous after hearing that, but still nice to know the WL is starting to get some movement. Either way, it's still early and plenty of time to get an A (at least that's what I keep telling myself).

May Talos guide us all. Skyrim belongs to the Nords!!
 
Thanks for the info. I'm OOS and a bit nervous after hearing that, but still nice to know the WL is starting to get some movement. Either way, it's still early and plenty of time to get an A (at least that's what I keep telling myself).

May Talos guide us all. Skyrim belongs to the Nords!!
A fellow adventurer! Now I especially hope that we both get the A! Hahaha!
 
Has anyone received any info on seat deposit and/or accepted student group?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just can’t seem to wrap my head around the possibility of significant wait list movement any more. Class size is also very small so it’s possible they’re already full and done for. Hard to remain optimistic…