2020-2021 Florida Atlantic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey all, I withdrew today after getting off the WL, so you might see some movement tomorrow or next week.
May I ask when you heard and if you were in IS or OOS?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just can’t seem to wrap my head around the possibility of significant wait list movement any more. Class size is also very small so it’s possible they’re already full and done for. Hard to remain optimistic…
Maybe I'm just painfully optimistic, but I haven't begun to lose hope. Looking at last year's SDN thread, there are still a good number of people that got off the WL in mid to late May. Someone on May 26th even mentioned that there were only ~40 students committed to FAU at that time. I'm guessing the pandemic may have contributed to part of that delay last year, but it's only been ~2 weeks since WL movement started this year. Let's give it a bit more time!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe I'm just painfully optimistic, but I haven't begun to lose hope. Looking at last year's SDN thread, there are still a good number of people that got off the WL in mid to late May. Someone on May 26th even mentioned that there were only ~40 students committed to FAU at that time. I'm guessing the pandemic may have contributed to part of that delay last year, but it's only been ~2 weeks since WL movement started this year. Let's give it a bit more time!
Yes and it seemed like the Friday of this week last year (tomorrow) was when movement really started so hopefully tomorrow into next week 🙏🏼

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone think that they are already done with their class or I am just getting anxious

does anyone think that they are already done with their class or I am just getting anxious
as a current admitted applicant id say they're most likely full rn but there's still probably gonna be some movement

Any idea how many students are accepted so far? Thank you for responding
so full would be 64. they havent made a fb group but i would say if theyre not actively accepting ppl off wl then they are totally full. theres 28 in the groupme

• Sad
but sdn doesnt include everyone who has gotten in initially or off the wl so there is likely more movement that just isnt documented here

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if admissions will send out updates with regard to when the class is full / when they are done pulling off the waitlist?

Accepted off the waitlist on the 10th, declined the offer though. OOS

Last edited:
Were we wrong to assume WL movement would be more this year? It doesn't even seem like it's normal. This time last year, people were getting off the WL like hotcakes.
I hope FAU didn't anticipate greater WL movement and accepted more people because of it..

Were we wrong to assume WL movement would be more this year? It doesn't even seem like it's normal. This time last year, people were getting off the WL like hotcakes.
I hope FAU didn't anticipate greater WL movement and accepted more people because of it..
The class could be nearly full or still have plenty of seats remaining for all we know. Anything we hear from those who are not admissions representatives is just conjecture!

Reactions: 4 users
In all seriousness I've made my peace with the fact that I may very well not get the call

Attachments

• 527EAE47-5D17-46A3-BE42-7D90A8174E5F.jpeg
    527EAE47-5D17-46A3-BE42-7D90A8174E5F.jpeg
    180.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Low-effort meme for a low-effort Monday. Trying to manifest some A's for us all!

Attachments

• FAU meme.jpeg
    FAU meme.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: 3 users
I got off the waitlist last year on May 28th. Don't give up hope! <3

Reactions: 6 users
Imma just take this no news as an acceptance and call it a day lads

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
withdrew my acceptance here! IS applicant. hopefully it goes to one of you wonderful people! best of luck

Reactions: 8 users
I just think it’s so weird that no one on here has heard anything lately... (unless ppl are just not posting)

I just think it’s so weird that no one on here has heard anything lately... (unless ppl are just not posting)
I know...the GroupMe size has looked pretty stagnant for a while too at 30-35ish members (granted, not everyone could be joining the app), so I'm not sure what's going on

Anyone mind if I just bite the bullet and email admissions to see what their class size and expected WL movement looks like? I've got nothing to lose at this point, and can report back here so we're not all pestering them

I know...the GroupMe size has looked pretty stagnant for a while too at 30-35ish members (granted, not everyone could be joining the app), so I'm not sure what's going on

Anyone mind if I just bite the bullet and email admissions to see what their class size and expected WL movement looks like? I've got nothing to lose at this point, and can report back here so we're not all pestering them
Please go ahead

I didn't hear anything back from admissions, but I promise I'll post if they get back to me.

Really was hoping for some movement this week. This is going to be a long weekend...

Anyone heard anything lately besides radio silence?

• Sad
Still nothing from admissions either :cryi:
Ridiculous.. but I feel like the lack of waitlist movement is not exclusive to FAU. FIU just started offering incentives for students to defer. I think FAU might be going through the same thing.

At a school where typically half the class comes from the waitlist, we were gifted with the one year that this might not happen. Just our luck.

I know this might not be the right place to ask this question but I am gonna go ahead and ask. Does any one know anything about the FAU Post bacc program. I read on their website about the program but was wondering if I could ask someone a few questions about the program prior to applying. Thanks.

Maybe some spots will open up with the seat deposit deadline happening soon (June 9th)? I do still think it's a bit odd that the GroupMe is stagnant at about 50% of the class size, while a few other schools I interviewed at are much closer to 75-80%.

I really wish there was more transparency from admissions on how things are going. I loved how open they were about the WL process on interview day, but now it's been crickets when reaching out since then

A seat became available . Good luck everybody :)

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I know this might not be the right place to ask this question but I am gonna go ahead and ask. Does any one know anything about the FAU Post bacc program. I read on their website about the program but was wondering if I could ask someone a few questions about the program prior to applying. Thanks.
Sorry, I don't know anything about the program. All I can think of is to reach out to past alumni if they provide a list of them, or contact the admissions for their program and see if you can get in direct contact with a current/past student?

Either way, good luck!

Maybe some spots will open up with the seat deposit deadline happening soon (June 9th)? I do still think it's a bit odd that the GroupMe is stagnant at about 50% of the class size, while a few other schools I interviewed at are much closer to 75-80%.

I really wish there was more transparency from admissions on how things are going. I loved how open they were about the WL process on interview day, but now it's been crickets when reaching out since then
I agree the lack of transparency is certainly anxiety-inducing. If I hadn't already been accepted elsewhere, I don't think I'd be able to handle it! lol

I do not want to speak for anyone else, but I have not heard from admissions. radio silence :/
I think you guys might hear by this week or next, since the WL isn’t ranked the admissions committee has to meet briefly to decide who to choose