-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Florida State
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yeah mine was logging in to the NYMC portal. Super weird IDKI received a secondary this morning and on my phone its logging in correctly as an FSU supplementary app but on my laptop its logging in as a USC Greenville supplementary app! Did anyone else have this issue?
Kingofthebar
Full Member
Does anyone have an issue on the secondary where you can't submit?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Are most people still waiting on the payment email?
I submitted last Friday in the evening and have yet to hear from them.
Payment email received about an hour ago, I submitted yesterday
Got a payment email but haven't submitted yet. Normal?
Just got one at 11 o’clock at night. I guess they’re sending them at randomStill no payment email for me, submitted last week
Kingofthebar
Full Member
Just got payment email also now 🙂
Dr. Strange Fella
Full Member
Is this the secondary for this cycle?
Yes
Dr. Strange Fella
Full Member
Do you mind sharing what email the link is supposed to be sent from? I have yet to receive it and wanna make sure it doesn't get lost
[email protected]
Everyone who has paid, has your application status changed, or have you received an email about it? All I got what a payment confirmation
All I got was a payment confirmation email, and I don't know where to check my application status.
I still have not gotten a payment email lol I submitted on 7/20 and am on FAP
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I still have not gotten a payment email lol I submitted on 7/20 and am on FAP
I submitted the same day and got the payment email last night. Also have FAP
Dr. Strange Fella
Full Member
Everyone who has paid, has your application status changed, or have you received an email about it? All I got what a payment confirmation
I believe we should get an application complete email.
Since the first interviews aren’t until September, I think they should get back to us with an app complete email in Early August.
stitcher121
Full Member
I'm OOS and I had thought FSU was more open to OOS students but looking at this thread I realize that's not the case...so is it not worth spending my time on the secondary?
Unless you have really strong ties and fit the mission to a T, might not be worth itI'm OOS and I had thought FSU was more open to OOS students but looking at this thread I realize that's not the case...so is it not worth spending my time on the secondary?
I'm OOS and I had thought FSU was more open to OOS students but looking at this thread I realize that's not the case...so is it not worth spending my time on the secondary?
I believe on their website it says that they accept less than 10 OOS students per class.
What is the consensus on these word limits? 500 for each one is a bit much... wondering if the "75% rule" is alright here.
latinadoc234
Full Member
Hi! I see people have been waiting for their payment confirmation. Submitted last Friday but still haven't received confirmation. I'm an FAP student. Anyone else submit friday?
D
deleted1061754
I’m not FAP but I wouldn’t stress, the payment email honestly seemed random. It took me like 4 days I think maybe 5. You’ll get it!Hi! I see people have been waiting for their payment confirmation. Submitted last Friday but still haven't received confirmation. I'm an FAP student. Anyone else submit friday?
I'm OOS and I had thought FSU was more open to OOS students but looking at this thread I realize that's not the case...so is it not worth spending my time on the secondary?
FSU COM was created by the Florida legislature to train physicians from Florida, for Florida. So OOS odds are low, especially if you have no ties to the state. Last year out of 4,000+ OOS applications, 14 got interviews and 4 matriculated. The year before that, a single OOS applicant matriculated.
I highly recommend you purchase MSAR and do your won research. It's the best $30 you can spend. Good Luck.
latinadoc234
Full Member
I’m not FAP but I wouldn’t stress, the payment email honestly seemed random. It took me like 4 days I think maybe 5. You’ll get it!
Thank you for you response! I guess I will wait during this week and if I don't receive confirmation, maybe I should message their admissions?
I got a secondary without a score.Has FSU said anything in regards to MCAT delays this year? Will they still send a secondary without a score?
Gandhis Return
Full Member
Did y'all get a payment email after the secondary? I submitted mine yesterday and haven't gotten the email yet.
Did y'all get a payment email after the secondary? I submitted mine yesterday and haven't gotten the email yet.
I didn't get one
I got a payment email before even submitting my secondary but tbh I delayed doing fsu for a while bc I was lazy. 4 days difference between getting secondary and then payment email
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
secondary received IS
Anyone submit secondary 2+ weeks ago and still no fee email?
InfectiousDiseasesH&TM
Full Member
Anyone submit secondary 2+ weeks ago and still no fee email?
+1
premedlife15
Full Member
After not receiving a confirmation email for my secondary application, I reached out to them recently and this is what they said:
"We appreciate your interest in the FSU College of Medicine! We received your application and you will receive a conformation once we review your application for completion."
I hope this is helpful.
"We appreciate your interest in the FSU College of Medicine! We received your application and you will receive a conformation once we review your application for completion."
I hope this is helpful.
I received an email today stating that my application was complete, and that it was being forwarded for review.
I submitted my secondary on 7/20
I submitted my secondary on 7/20
Did you make your payment a while ago? I paid on 7/22 but still waiting on a complete emailI received an email today stating that my application was complete, and that it was being forwarded for review.
I submitted my secondary on 7/20
Did you make your payment a while ago? I paid on 7/22 but still waiting on a complete email
I paid on the 21st.
noelectronegativity
Full Member
Hi, are there any current students on this sub who are in the Bridge Master's program? I have a couple of questions..
Complete email, paid and submitted 7/27
I paid on 07/22 and submitted a few days before that. Still have not received anything.Have most people still not received a complete email?
are all your LOR in? Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I also realized I had still selected I had an upcoming MCAT score on my primary even though the date was my june date so I switched it to no yesterday and got complete email from FSU today... but it honestly could just be coincidence tooI paid on 07/22 and submitted a few days before that. Still have not received anything.
I had everything in prior to transmission of my primary. I'm going to double check maybe the complete email went to my spam. If not I will try and reach out to them. Thank you though!are all your LOR in? Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I also realized I had still selected I had an upcoming MCAT score on my primary even though the date was my june date so I switched it to no yesterday and got complete email from FSU today... but it honestly could just be coincidence too
D
deleted1061754
Same deal, no email yetI had everything in prior to transmission of my primary. I'm going to double check maybe the complete email went to my spam. If not I will try and reach out to them. Thank you though!
So, does FSU screen before they send the payment e-mail? Because it feels strange that people who submitted their essays 2-3 weeks after me got the fee e-mail before I did. When I spoke to them, they said "You will get your payment e-mail soon" and that was a week ago. Is this a normal step in FSU's screening? I am in-state, LizzyM about 65.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It could be stats based or completely random. Took me a week to get my payment email and I still haven’t received my complete emailSo, does FSU screen before they send the payment e-mail? Because it feels strange that people who submitted their essays 2-3 weeks after me got the fee e-mail before I did. When I spoke to them, they said "You will get your payment e-mail soon" and that was a week ago. Is this a normal step in FSU's screening? I am in-state, LizzyM about 65.
when did you submit? It took me a week and a half to get one- I paid and submitted 7/27 and received a complete email 8/5Anyone else still waiting on a complete email?
I submitted my secondary on 7/17. I paid on 7/22 and haven't heard from FSU sentwhen did you submit? It took me a week and a half to get one- I paid and submitted 7/27 and received a complete email 8/5
Paid 7/22when did you submit? It took me a week and a half to get one- I paid and submitted 7/27 and received a complete email 8/5