-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Florida State
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone else that paid on 7/22 receive a complete email yet? I still haven’t received anything
I paid on 7/21 and got my complete email on 8/7, if that’s any help.
Still nothing for me. I’ve been too lazy to reach out.Has anyone else that paid on 7/22 receive a complete email yet? I still haven’t received anything
godsgirly4320
Full Member
does anyone know what the screen criteria is/might be for a secondary?
I was one of many who hadn’t received their complete email. I emailed the admissions office and they sent me my complete email within the hour. More then likely if you’ve paid and have everything in you’re complete. They may just be slow to send out the email.
D
deleted1061754
Onlinedoes anyone know if the interviews are in person?
Just clarifying, where it says "critical analysis," that doesn't necessarily mean it has to include negatives, right? Unless you have red flags that need to be addressed, I feel like that would be counter-intuitive. Would interpreting "critical" as "exploring in-depth the merits of" ourselves be interpreted as arrogant or is that what they are going for? Thanks to anyone who can clarify this for me.
I don’t think it has to be negative but honest. Like instead of presenting excuses for any short comings explain them in a sincere and straight forward way. I presented my journey like many others. Didn’t apply myself early on. Found passion and motivation through clinical experiences. Ended up doing very well the second portion of my undergradJust clarifying, where it says "critical analysis," that doesn't necessarily mean it has to include negatives, right? Unless you have red flags that need to be addressed, I feel like that would be counter-intuitive. Would interpreting "critical" as "exploring in-depth the merits of" ourselves be interpreted as arrogant or is that what they are going for? Thanks to anyone who can clarify this for me.
I don’t think it has to be negative but honest. Like instead of presenting excuses for any short comings explain them in a sincere and straight forward way. I presented my journey like many others. Didn’t apply myself early on. Found passion and motivation through clinical experiences. Ended up doing very well the second portion of my undergrad
I meant if we didn't have any particular shortcomings that were obvious in our application...Are we supposed to look for things to point out negatively? Like go out of our way to say, "I could be more empathetic," or something like that? Or is that unnecessary? It seems an odd thing to do.
I meant if we didn't have any particular shortcomings that were obvious in our application...Are we supposed to look for things to point out negatively? Like go out of our way to say, "I could be more empathetic," or something like that? Or is that unnecessary? It seems an odd thing to do.
I don't think I had any glaring shortcomings, and I also didn't nitpick myself for things to criticize. Idk if I did it right lol but based on "Write a critical analysis of your personal and scholastic qualifications for the study of medicine and the realization of your professional ambitions, and why you are choosing to apply to FSU COM," I focused on highlighting my qualifications to be a med student and to achieve my goals as a physician + how FSU will help me do that.
How do you know?Online
D
deleted1061754
Every school will be online this cycle.How do you know?
I probably wouldn’t then. If there’s really nothing substantial or worth mentioning to you then maybe just talk about your path and what you’ve done to prepare for this next step.I meant if we didn't have any particular shortcomings that were obvious in our application...Are we supposed to look for things to point out negatively? Like go out of our way to say, "I could be more empathetic," or something like that? Or is that unnecessary? It seems an odd thing to do.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I probably wouldn’t then. If there’s really nothing substantial or worth mentioning to you then maybe just talk about your path and what you’ve done to prepare for this next step.
Thanks!
godsgirly4320
Full Member
secondary received this morning!
I have yet to receive a secondary from this college, should I be worried? I submitted/verified on august 1st.
I would email or call.I have yet to receive a secondary from this college, should I be worried? I submitted/verified on august 1st.
did anyone else have a problem with submitting the secondary without answering the "If Florida is not currently your legal State of residence, has it ever been your legal state of residence?" question? I've always been a FL resident so i didn't think this applied to me but I couldn't submit without answering it so I answered yes.
I have yet to receive a secondary from this college, should I be worried? I submitted/verified on august 1st.
Are you out of state?
Nope Florida native.
Hey! How long did it take everyone to receive a complete email?
Last edited:
Hey! How long did it take everyone to revive a complete email?
Almost half a month for me.. I used FAP and am IS
For those of you that emailed them, how long did you wait until after submitting and not receiving a completion email to email them?
This is extremely helpful! Thank you so much! Did you end up emailing them or did you just wait it out?Almost half a month for me.. I used FAP and am IS
This is extremely helpful! Thank you so much! Did you end up emailing them or did you just wait it out?
I waited it out. I was busy writing other secondaries so I honestly forgot about it haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Kingofthebar
Full Member
Received complete email this morning!
When did you submit?Received complete email this morning!
Kingofthebar
Full Member
When did you submit?
I believe I sent it like the first two days of receiving secondary, but they were waiting on my MCAT scores, which came back last week.
premedlife15
Full Member
Just received an interview invite for 9/11. I'm an early decision, IS applicant.
Kingofthebar
Full Member
Just received an interview invite for 9/11. I'm an early decision, IS applicant.
I guess they are giving out IIs for early decision first? Or maybe to all applicants?
D
deleted1061754
Early decisionI guess they are giving out IIs for early decision first? Or maybe to all applicants?
When did you have your application complete?Just received an interview invite for 9/11. I'm an early decision, IS applicant.
How did they contact you?Just received an interview invite for 9/11. I'm an early decision, IS applicant.
premedlife15
Full Member
Got the application complete email on 8/11. Submitted secondary on 7/20.When did you have your application complete?
premedlife15
Full Member
Email!How did they contact you?
floridaheatkills
Full Member
Any updates? I'm in the same boat.Has anyone paid in August? I submitted my secondary last Monday on the 10th and still no payment email. Thoughts on whether I should reach out or wait another week?
I submitted and paid on the 9th. Got an email confirmation of payment on the 9th. Still waiting for my app to be confirmed. I would reach out, can't hurt.Any updates? I'm in the same boat.
FWIW I submitted on July 20th, paid on the 23rd, and got my confirmation email on August 4th.
Any updates? I'm in the same boat.
Yep I paid sometime late last week, but no complete email
future_dr_j
Full Member
I paid july 22 but have not received a complete email. Should i reach out to the school?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
floridaheatkills
Full Member
Grr that's frustrating. I'm still waiting on the payment e-mail. Submitted 8/22, so hopefully it comes in soon.Yep I paid sometime late last week, but no complete email
Hey everyone,
I'm seeing a lot of people talking about the complete email (or lack thereof) and I was in the same boat. I was complete and paid 7/26 and had not received a complete email. I emailed them yesterday asking about this and they emailed me back today, saying that I was complete. This was sent by an admissions officer. I also received a complete email from FSU COM shortly after the response from the admissions officer. I would recommend anyone who is worried email them, but it looks like they will begin reviewing your app without sending you a notification.
I'm seeing a lot of people talking about the complete email (or lack thereof) and I was in the same boat. I was complete and paid 7/26 and had not received a complete email. I emailed them yesterday asking about this and they emailed me back today, saying that I was complete. This was sent by an admissions officer. I also received a complete email from FSU COM shortly after the response from the admissions officer. I would recommend anyone who is worried email them, but it looks like they will begin reviewing your app without sending you a notification.
Hey! Do you mind sharing what email address you used to email them?Hey everyone,
I'm seeing a lot of people talking about the complete email (or lack thereof) and I was in the same boat. I was complete and paid 7/26 and had not received a complete email. I emailed them yesterday asking about this and they emailed me back today, saying that I was complete. This was sent by an admissions officer. I also received a complete email from FSU COM shortly after the response from the admissions officer. I would recommend anyone who is worried email them, but it looks like they will begin reviewing your app without sending you a notification.
[email protected]Hey! Do you mind sharing what email address you used to email them?
justhanging44564
New Member
Hey everyone,
I'm seeing a lot of people talking about the complete email (or lack thereof) and I was in the same boat. I was complete and paid 7/26 and had not received a complete email. I emailed them yesterday asking about this and they emailed me back today, saying that I was complete. This was sent by an admissions officer. I also received a complete email from FSU COM shortly after the response from the admissions officer. I would recommend anyone who is worried email them, but it looks like they will begin reviewing your app without sending you a notification.
I emailed them and was told basically “we’re reviewing applications and will email you with updates” lol. still no complete email :/