2020-2021 Florida State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed them and was told basically “we’re reviewing applications and will email you with updates” lol. still no complete email :/
I emailed asking if I am complete and they responded with "yes" followed immediately by the automated complete email. Did you ask them if you were complete or if you are still in review? Perhaps their answer depends on the question!
 
I emailed asking if I am complete and they responded with "yes" followed immediately by the automated complete email. Did you ask them if you were complete or if you are still in review? Perhaps their answer depends on the question!

yeah I asked if I was complete, mentioned I haven’t received the complete email yet, and that I paid my fees on the 30th
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! For those of you that emailed them did you reply back once they told you were complete? I wasn’t sure if I should reply back thanking them
 
Hey, when did you guys get your secondary emailed to you after your primary was completed? My primary got verified 2 days ago and I have a bunch of other schools flooding in for secondaries, but not FSU.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey does anyone know what the average class size is at FSU? MSAR says 120 but there website says 50...
 
do you think it matters what order we answer the "Write a critical analysis of your personal and scholastic qualifications for the study of medicine, the realization of your professional ambitions, and why you are choosing to apply to the FSU COM" prompt?
 
do you think it matters what order we answer the "Write a critical analysis of your personal and scholastic qualifications for the study of medicine, the realization of your professional ambitions, and why you are choosing to apply to the FSU COM" prompt?
IMO, no. Everyones will be different
 
"Have you ever been charged with a violation of the law which resulted in, or is still pending could result in, probation, community service, a jail sentence, or the revocation or suspension of your driver's license (including traffic violations which resulted in a fine of $200 or more)?"

one of the questions in the secondary confuses me. So does this means also the case of speeding ticket? I got a speeding ticket for $206 without any revocation or suspension of my DL, and I am not sure if I say yes or no.

What did you guys who got a speeding tickets in the past answer to that?
 
"Have you ever been charged with a violation of the law which resulted in, or is still pending could result in, probation, community service, a jail sentence, or the revocation or suspension of your driver's license (including traffic violations which resulted in a fine of $200 or more)?"

one of the questions in the secondary confuses me. So does this means also the case of speeding ticket? I got a speeding ticket for $206 without any revocation or suspension of my DL, and I am not sure if I say yes or no.

What did you guys who got a speeding tickets in the past answer to that?
Say yes
 
​
"Have you ever been charged with a violation of the law which resulted in, or is still pending could result in, probation, community service, a jail sentence, or the revocation or suspension of your driver's license (including traffic violations which resulted in a fine of $200 or more)?"

one of the questions in the secondary confuses me. So does this means also the case of speeding ticket? I got a speeding ticket for $206 without any revocation or suspension of my DL, and I am not sure if I say yes or no.

What did you guys who got a speeding tickets in the past answer to that?

i put no. I think it means only if your speeding ticket resulted in probation, comm service, etc. Not too sure tho, it is worded terribly
 
"Have you ever been charged with a violation of the law which resulted in, or is still pending could result in, probation, community service, a jail sentence, or the revocation or suspension of your driver's license (including traffic violations which resulted in a fine of $200 or more)?"

one of the questions in the secondary confuses me. So does this means also the case of speeding ticket? I got a speeding ticket for $206 without any revocation or suspension of my DL, and I am not sure if I say yes or no.

What did you guys who got a speeding tickets in the past answer to that?
Put "no." It's asking if you've had your license suspended/revoked and specifying "yes, for any reason, even if it was a technicality because you had too many points" etc. I'm not going to self-report about anything that I can go down to the courthouse a week later and pay away.
 
Put "no." It's asking if you've had your license suspended/revoked and specifying "yes, for any reason, even if it was a technicality because you had too many points" etc. I'm not going to self-report about anything that I can go down to the courthouse a week later and pay away.
Yeah but it says including fines of $200 or more. Wouldn’t that apply?
 
did you guys get an email to pay the $30 fee after submitting your secondary? I haven't received anything not sure if my app is considered complete..

I got the email, but it took weeks to come. You definitely need it to be complete, but it just takes a while.
 
Yeah but it says including fines of $200 or more. Wouldn’t that apply?
I think it's in the context of whether or not you've had your license taken though. ie someone who gets habitual tickets, racks up points, doesn't pay, and gets another $266 speeding ticket and thats the reason for their suspension. To each his own, but they're not going to check on this, and I find it irrelevant to bring it up. If I had a DUI or something I would report that.
 
I think it's in the context of whether or not you've had your license taken though. ie someone who gets habitual tickets, racks up points, doesn't pay, and gets another $266 speeding ticket and thats the reason for their suspension. To each his own, but they're not going to check on this, and I find it irrelevant to bring it up. If I had a DUI or something I would report that.
I agree with you it’s probably irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but they will check. And I do believe you should report it.
 
I agree with you it’s probably irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but they will check. And I do believe you should report it.
In order to check they would need to run a background check, for which they would need to notify you, or they would have to individually search clerk of court websites for your city of origin. They're trying to prevent people from getting to clerkships and running into problems with employers. I'm not sure how you are certain they would check. Again, everyone can choose what they want to report, but especially in the context of that question, I think it's specifically asking about suspended/revoked licenses.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah but it says including fines of $200 or more. Wouldn’t that apply?

It's a little tricky because of the wording. Spending isn't generally a criminal offense in the state of FL, you weren't charged with a crime, but it says "violation of the law", which then leaves things open to semantics.
I would just say yes and be honest. Admission staff isn't going to care about a speeding ticket, they're human, they've likely been pulled over and been ticketed too.
If it makes you feel better, I know people both here and accepted at other schools who have way worse traffic violations.
 
anyone have guesses on when regular II will start going out? I know there have been some ED in this thread
Take this with a grain of salt, but last year I got a regular interview invite on 9/17. Maybe we will hear something tomorrow? Though it is also possible things may be a little delayed because of COVID
 
For anyone that did early decision interviews, what was the setup for conducting them virtually? Did they email you like a Skype meeting? Or were you in zoom for 6 hours with different speakers?
 
Hi everyone. Just wanted to share this link:



It’s a spreadsheet with some interesting data regarding when applicants submitted their applications/received an interview invite/date of their actual interview/MCAT score etc.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone,

Soooo I actually have a friend who just started at FSU COM. She mentioned that FSU typically sends II in October and they start actually interviewing somewhere between late Nov- December. I guess we just gotta wait and be patient.
 
Hi Everyone,

Soooo I actually have a friend who just started at FSU COM. She mentioned that FSU typically sends II in October and they start actually interviewing somewhere between late Nov- December. I guess we just gotta wait and be patient.
She also submitted her primary on June 1st of 2019 and submitted the secondary the day she received it. So you can only imagine that it will take some time.
 
6nykc5oxwu501.jpg