2020-2021 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what email can I contact about not receiving a complete notification yet?
it'll be easier if you call them. just use the phone number one their website

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey does anyone know their post interview acceptance rate? Curious as a OOS with 0 ties to the state

Members don't see this ad :)
complete email just now, submitted secondary 7/17

Just got the complete email. Canadian, secondary submitted sometime in early-mid July (can’t remember exact date).

DCOM just published a couple numbers for this past year: 3,964 applications, ultimate class size of 393 (243 in Harrogate, 150 in Knoxville). 165 from the tri-state area (~42%).

Reactions: 3 users
Submitted application July 20th secondary a bit later, complete today!

I did! Complete 8/10. II last Friday. OOS. No ties.

Wondering if they only send out II on Fridays. I was complete August 19th so I am hoping to be in the next batch of Invites because I really like this school.

Reactions: 1 users
Wondering if they only send out II on Fridays. I was complete August 19th so I am hoping to be in the next batch of Invites because I really like this school.

you and me both. Maybe go back through last years thread??

Decided to throw my hat in the ring due to waiving physician letter (I actually have two physician letters but both are a bit older.)

Is this place OOS friendly?

Which location (Harrogate or Knoxville) do people recommend? What are some of the pros/cons for each?

Can someone confirm whether or not this school requires a physician LOR? I don't see it listed on their website as a requirement, but on all the aacomas stuff it says it's required, so I'm confused.

Can someone confirm whether or not this school requires a physician LOR? I don't see it listed on their website as a requirement, but on all the aacomas stuff it says it's required, so I'm confused.

They sent an email waiving the need.

I don’t think so. Per Goro, on time is Septemberish if I remember right.

Well, by "too late" I guess I meant: I'm a low-gpa high-mcat (well, high for DO) applicant, so I needed to be early. How long did it take people to get their secondaries after submitting the primary?

Well, by "too late" I guess I meant: I'm a low-gpa high-mcat (well, high for DO) applicant, so I needed to be early. How long did it take people to get their secondaries after submitting the primary?

I’m in the same boat as you. You should be fine to submit. I got my secondary same day as I submitted my primary.

Hi everyone, I submitted my primary August 12 (late I know), and haven't received anything, no primary app confirmation and no secondary, should I reach out to the school or could this just be a R? (MCAT 504, 3.7 GPA, 3.5 sgpa, NY) Thank you!

Hi everyone, I submitted my primary August 12 (late I know), and haven't received anything, no primary app confirmation and no secondary, should I reach out to the school or could this just be a R? (MCAT 504, 3.7 GPA, 3.5 sgpa, NY) Thank you!
I doubt it’s an R. I submitted my primary and got my secondary the next day (this was last week) and my stats are v low. I would reach out and ask. For any school that hasn’t sent a secondary, it doesn’t hurt to ask. Some will tell you if you were rejected presecondary and why, but only if you email.

Doubt R. Just contact them

Which location (Harrogate or Knoxville) do people recommend? What are some of the pros/cons for each?

OMS II in Knoxville. You will get the same education in both locations. If you dive down the depths of SDN you will find people arguing both ways. I will try and give as much advice as I can about both locations.

Knoxville: Situated in West Knoxville it is a small complex with as of right now just the medical school and a PA program starting in the fall. There are adequate faculty onsite and the building is brand new. There are numerous areas for housing in close proximity to campus with rent for a 1 bedroom usually from 700-1200 (I am married and live in a brand new one bedroom with 1200 sq ft for 1150 a month). There are numerous shopping areas (turkey creek) and things to do around town. Coffee shops are awesome to study at and some individuals will utilize UTs library for studying. The class size is smaller as of now (increases by 25 each year) up to 200 eventually. I love it in Knoxville and as an OOS student coming from a tiny town it has both a big city and little city feel depending where you live which is nice. Very safe area around the campus with low crime.

Cons: In terms of the school the study space will become scarce as class sizes increase. They have an adjacent building that does not have a purpose yet that (purely my theory) could be turned into study space. The cost of living is also higher compared to Harrogate while receiving the same loan amount which if that is your sole source of income might make it a little more difficult (by no means impossible) to find living situations. Most people room with other classmates which helps with living costs.

Harrogate: Located around 1.5 hours away on a damn windy road with no cell service. Its at the base of the Smoky mountains and is close to cities like Middlesboro. I spent 3 weeks there over a summer and can attest to some of living there. Going to school there will have much more of a university feel to it since it is located on the LMU campus. Classes are in two major buildings MANS and the main DCOM building. You almost 100% need a vehicle or live with someone that will drive you around as nothing is close to each other. You have access to university amenities like gym, pool etc... (Knoxville will give you a wicked deal with a cheap YMCA membership if thats your jam). You have a ton of study space and room on campus. You can live in some surrounding towns and get super cheap rent. The hiking in the area of course is awesome and lakes in area are beautiful.

Cons: Super rural. Knoxville is the closest big city and will take a day to make a trip out of. There of course isn't as much support in terms of variety of stores and shops. Harder for spouses to find work due to very rural area. I am not sure if this is true I would ask someone from Harrogate but it seems a lot easier to find volunteer opportunities in Knoxville. You can only eat Chick fil-a so many times and thats like the only place to eat in Harrogate besides this little drive up diner close by. The tunnel can be a pain in the butt because it closes anytime there is a semi hauling hazardous materials causing delays if you live in Middlesboro.

I hope this helps and don't judge my writing, I am too lazy to proofread this.

Reactions: 13 users
Hi! Its been 11 days since I submitted my secondary here! Yet, I never got a complete email. Also, it shows 99% for the application even though I have proof I paid! what should I do?
thanks!

Still waiting on secondary, been around 5 days. should I email?

Hi! Its been 11 days since I submitted my secondary here! Yet, I never got a complete email. Also, it shows 99% for the application even though I have proof I paid! what should I do?
thanks!
call the school! only they can help you