2020-2021 Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just GOT MY CALL. Here I COME MUSC.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who got in yesterday! Would you mind sharing your gpa and Mcat?

Folks that didn’t get a call last night, have you received an “on-hold” email yet?

Folks that didn’t get a call last night, have you received an “on-hold” email yet?
I did. I got the email at like 7:15 on Tuesday. I was super bummed. I know it's a neutral outcome, but I was just counting down the days until their decision and now I have to wait longer. :(

• Care
I did. I got the email at like 7:15 on Tuesday. I was super bummed. I know it's a neutral outcome, but I was just counting down the days until their decision and now I have to wait longer. :(
They told me at the interview that they usually accept more than 20 on the wait list. So hold tight.

Congrats everyone! :joyful: Has anyone who is OOS with strong ties interviewed yet? If so when did you submit your application?

They told me at the interview that they usually accept more than 20 on the wait list. So hold tight.
They said it wasn't the waitlist. It was a "we will discuss your application again at another adcom meeting". But all I can do is wait. It's out of my hands now!

anyone know if there is a facebook page for incoming students yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are they gonna email us info about the scholarship application or are we just supposed to fill it out on our own

Did anyone who just got accepted get the information packet email yet? In the acceptance email, they said they'd be sent out this week I think?

Anyone with their application on post-interview hold want to share their gpa and mcat?

OOS student here (strong ties & stats) still waiting to hear back. Have any OOS students heard from MUSC in February?

Reactions: 2 users
Have any OOS people not interviewed? Haven't heard anything at all

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone heard anything from MUSC after getting accepted?

I'm thinking about opportunities to continue connecting with the school, newsletters, scholarship application info, etc...?

Personally, all silence here. I want to start ~thinking about decision-making~ and I'm really hoping to get more info (esp. since it's 2020-21 and of course we didn't interview in person).

Has anyone heard anything from MUSC after getting accepted?

I'm thinking about opportunities to continue connecting with the school, newsletters, scholarship application info, etc...?

Personally, all silence here. I want to start ~thinking about decision-making~ and I'm really hoping to get more info (esp. since it's 2020-21 and of course we didn't interview in person).
Radio silence. They took my deposit money, though, so I guess I'm alright to keep waiting. :p

E: scratch that, more emails today.

Last edited:
Do they sent you any receipt or let you known they got your form?
Thank you
I didn't get anything, just saw the charge hit my account. Though in the past couple of hours they have sent out some new info so I know I didn't fall through the cracks.

Last edited:
Did anyone get an invite to the AnMed Student Q&A zoom last night? Was that only for accepted students? Cause my app was put on hold and the invite made me feel hopeful *fingers crossed*

Anyone *not* get an email or call yet from MUSC that was supposed to yesterday ?

I had my zoom interview 2/19 along with about 12 other applicants. Only one applicant was OOS. My application was put on hold.

Stats:

GPA 3.64
MCAT 506
Clemson University Major in Microbiology with minor in Psychology
Biggest strength on my application would be that I’ve been a full time Orthopedic Scribe for 1.5 years.
Instate applicant.

Hopefully I’ll receive better news in “Early March” as the email says.
Edit: I got the email 8:35pm EST 2/23/21.
Ugh! "Early March" is so vague it makes me anxious! :cryi:

OOS. Just got an II here about 2 hours ago

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone created the Class of 2025 FB group yet?

Reactions: 1 users