You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Missouri - Columbia
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Very true 🙂 fingers crossed we both get an ALet's not worry too much! We could be a classmate at another school if we get the R from Mizzou 😉
but let's seriously hope for the A!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Type_A_Personality21
Full Member
Just got the status unchanged email. So I will be waiting until the end to hear back, but hope you all have more luck!
Only final wave is remaining. So we will receive a final decision (A, WL, or R) by last week of Feb/early March-Status unchanged
Do you think they will do another email for February or just early March?
status unchanged email received at 10:58 am... 🙁
D
deleted1080417
On the bright side, we're all still here and the next wave will be the last! AND there's a new episode of Drag Race tonight!
Congrats!! Welcome to Mizzou Med 💕ACCEPTED JUST NOW!!!!!
Was accepted 1/28 via phone call at 2 pm. Hope you guys hear something soon!!
Was accepted 1/28 via phone call at 2 pm. Hope you guys hear something soon!!
Congratulations all!! Welcome to Mizzou Med ❤️ Look forward to meeting you all 🙂Also was accepted 01/28 and interviewed on 01/11. Best of luck y'all!
D
deleted966906
congrats! stats?Was accepted 1/28 via phone call at 2 pm. Hope you guys hear something soon!!
D
deleted966906
congrats! stats?Also was accepted 01/28 and interviewed on 01/11. Best of luck y'all!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lysine1234
Full Member
has anyone attended the diversity seminar? any tips on what to expect?
Sorry for the delayed response!has anyone attended the diversity seminar? any tips on what to expect?
You can expect a very casual environment to talk to medical students and directors. Very chills environment and you don't have to wear formal attires.
Just wanted to give you guys a little encouragement to hang in there! Mizzou can really make you sweat it out but it's worth it. Even if you don't get in this year don't give up. Mizzou looks fondly upon trying again, especially if you can recognize your weaknesses and strengthen them.
<3 from an M3
<3 from an M3
Good thing I'll have the option to facilitate PBL next year!If accepted I will bring my dad's baking which can be anything, from: coconut cream pie, turtle cheesecake with an oreo crust, any kind of cheesecake, lava cakes, apple or zucchini pie, pecan pie, or even vegetables from our garden! yay maybe we can start up a little trading post ahaha
The pre-clinical 15 (or 30...) is real friends.We are all about to gain SO much weight if people here all get in. I volunteer to wear the Santa costume in 2021.
Canvaseyes
Full Member
I can't take a preclinical 15 on top of my covid 15. Maybe all the sweating I'm doing over looking for the right house will help 😅Just wanted to give you guys a little encouragement to hang in there! Mizzou can really make you sweat it out but it's worth it. Even if you don't get in this year don't give up. Mizzou looks fondly upon trying again, especially if you can recognize your weaknesses and strengthen them.
<3 from an M3
Good thing I'll have the option to facilitate PBL next year!
The pre-clinical 15 (or 30...) is real friends.
Will Mizzou offer any feedback on your app/interviews that could help you improve for next cycle if you didn't get in and want to reapply?Even if you don't get in this year don't give up. Mizzou looks fondly upon trying again, especially if you can recognize your weaknesses and strengthen them.
They said they do at interviews! Not sure if that only applies post-IIWill Mizzou offer any feedback on your app/interviews that could help you improve for next cycle if you didn't get in and want to reapply?
Cool! I interviewed in early Jan and got the status unchanged email at the end of the month. If I don't get in this cycle, I'd definitely love some feedback from them on which areas I could do better on.They said they do at interviews! Not sure if that only applies post-II
Just to clarify the M3's original post, I don't think the M3 is advocating for reapplying to MIZZOU if you have offers to other MD programs this cycle. If you turn down MD offers and become a reapplicant because you did not get into your "desired" program, that will be viewed very negatively by most, if not all, ADCOMs. Don't apply to programs if you are not prepared to go there. I am just an applicant this cycle as well, so take that for what it is, but feel free to reach out to advisors and ADCOM members, or peruse this topic on SDN.Will Mizzou offer any feedback on your app/interviews that could help you improve for next cycle if you didn't get in and want to reapply?
I just wanted to bring this up in case anyone was getting the impression that it's okay to reapply next cycle if you turn down MD offers this cycle because you will most likely get blackballed nearly everywhere for having the hubris to turn down an MD offer this cycle.
plaguedoctormd
Full Member
Finally received an II today— any other late interviewers?
Just wanted to give you guys a little encouragement to hang in there! Mizzou can really make you sweat it out but it's worth it. Even if you don't get in this year don't give up. Mizzou looks fondly upon trying again, especially if you can recognize your weaknesses and strengthen them.
<3 from an M3
Good thing I'll have the option to facilitate PBL next year!
The pre-clinical 15 (or 30...) is real friends.
As an M1, I can confirm that the pre-clinical 15....maybe 30 is absolutely real >.> (especially when the QB brings in breakfast on Fridays)
So glad someone said it. I feel like the days are going by fast but the weeks are going by slow, if that makes sense.ngl mad nervous now more than ever. I really want in! cry cry
D
deleted1080417
Only a few more weeks and the wait will be over!So glad someone said it. I feel like the days are going by fast but the weeks are going by slow, if that makes sense.
I'm trying not to overanalyze, but the most recent status update email said "we anticipate that the Admissions Committee will conclude its work by early March." Based on past forums, it seems like the "by" language could mean the last week of February. So it seems like we could know as soon as two weeks from now, yes?Only a few more weeks and the wait will be over!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Jesus... I hope. Man the way Mizzou does it really keeps you on the edge of your seat. Hope we both get in, cool to have a NFL (albeit Chiefs...) fan as a possible classmate! 🤣I'm trying not to overanalyze, but the most recent status update email said "we anticipate that the Admissions Committee will conclude its work by early March." Based on past forums, it seems like the "by" language could mean the last week of February. So it seems like we could know as soon as two weeks from now, yes?
As long as we all agree never to speak of Superbowl 55 😉Jesus... I hope. Man the way Mizzou does it really keeps you on the edge of your seat. Hope we both get in, cool to have a NFL (albeit Chiefs...) fan as a possible classmate! 🤣
They have previously (did for me, but we had a different admissions director at that time). Blair will be really busy after the list is finalized, but if you are patient and give her time to breath first she'll probably be able to give some feedback. You can try reaching out to any students you've met during the process (you should have all gotten a sheet with a list of students open to talking). Speaking with your pre-med advisors, letter writers, or other physicians can always be helpful as well.Will Mizzou offer any feedback on your app/interviews that could help you improve for next cycle if you didn't get in and want to reapply?
ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! I hope it didn't come off that I was advocating to skip all others for Mizzou. If you have a chance to be a doctor take it! Just saying if Mizzou is your top choice and you don't get in ANYWHERE don't be scared about reapplying to Mizzou.Just to clarify the M3's original post, I don't think the M3 is advocating for reapplying to MIZZOU if you have offers to other MD programs this cycle. If you turn down MD offers and become a reapplicant because you did not get into your "desired" program, that will be viewed very negatively by most, if not all, ADCOMs. Don't apply to programs if you are not prepared to go there. I am just an applicant this cycle as well, so take that for what it is, but feel free to reach out to advisors and ADCOM members, or peruse this topic on SDN.
I just wanted to bring this up in case anyone was getting the impression that it's okay to reapply next cycle if you turn down MD offers this cycle because you will most likely get blackballed nearly everywhere for having the hubris to turn down an MD offer this cycle.
My first time applying I hung around until the end of Feb when I got unceremoniously rejected (no wait list for me). Second time I applied I was accepted at the end of October in the first wave. I credit that drastic change in fortunes in being able to get great feedback from our admissions director, an MU undergrad professor, and taking very specific and targeted moves in the intervening months to fix my weaknesses.
If you want it enough you'll make it happen, but if you got an admission somewhere else you've already made it happen.
I heard from someone that interviewed recently that they would hear by March 5th because that week is the last week for interviews supposedly.Has anybody that has interviewed recently been told when admissions decisions will be sent out by?
Omgggg r u serious!? 😭😭😂😂I heard from someone that interviewed recently that they would hear by March 5th because that week is the last week for interviews supposedly.
That’s what I was told so hopefully first week of March we should know.Omgggg r u serious!? 😭😭😂😂
Hmmm soft A? 😆Did anyone else receive an email from MU residency department regarding their in-state residency status?
I figured it was kinda weird even before receiving the final decision from them lol
I suspect the email was an error lol the email says,Hmmm soft A? 😆
"We have received your application for the School of Medicine for Spring 2021 ... we need some information and documents to determine your Residency status for the Spring semester 2021."
I'm not sure why it would say Spring semester lmao
Haha I got this like 3 days before my interview as well, was also confused why they were asking for spring 2021.I suspect the email was an error lol the email says,
"We have received your application for the School of Medicine for Spring 2021 ... we need some information and documents to determine your Residency status for the Spring semester 2021."
I'm not sure why it would say Spring semester lmao
Did anyone else receive an email from MU residency department regarding their in-state residency status?
I figured it was kinda weird even before receiving the final decision from them lol
Late reply, but I did get the same email on the 12th. I figured they were just doing some administrative housekeeping. Kinda weird though, seeing as I graduated fairly recently from here.

lysine1234
Full Member
Are we thinking there are gonna be As tomorrow?
Not 100% sure, but they might wait until next week when they finish and send out all decisions at once. But who knows they might decide to send out some tomorrow.Are we thinking there are gonna be As tomorrow?
Not 100% sure, but they might wait until next week when they finish and send out all decisions at once. But who knows they might decide to send out some tomorrow.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed earlier this week and they said they are waiting until next week.
Did they tell you a specific day by chance?I interviewed earlier this week and they said they are waiting until next week.
They only told us that they’d just send out everything by March 5th .Did they tell you a specific day by chance?
Thanks for the insight! Nervous. Good luck <3They only told us that they’d just send out everything by March 5th .
S
Of course! Same to you all!Thanks for the insight! Nervous. Good luck <3