2020-2021 Missouri - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Let's keep our heads up yall! we could be in the higher ranked order in the list :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the status unchanged email. So I will be waiting until the end to hear back, but hope you all have more luck!

• Care
No more As from sdn? Hmm.. y'all we are fine

Reactions: 1 users
-Status unchanged
Do you think they will do another email for February or just early March?

-Status unchanged
Do you think they will do another email for February or just early March?
Only final wave is remaining. So we will receive a final decision (A, WL, or R) by last week of Feb/early March

Reactions: 3 users
On the bright side, we're all still here and the next wave will be the last! AND there's a new episode of Drag Race tonight!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Was accepted 1/28 via phone call at 2 pm. Hope you guys hear something soon!!

Also was accepted 01/28 and interviewed on 01/11. Best of luck y'all!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone attended the diversity seminar? any tips on what to expect?

has anyone attended the diversity seminar? any tips on what to expect?
Sorry for the delayed response!

You can expect a very casual environment to talk to medical students and directors. Very chills environment and you don't have to wear formal attires.

Just wanted to give you guys a little encouragement to hang in there! Mizzou can really make you sweat it out but it's worth it. Even if you don't get in this year don't give up. Mizzou looks fondly upon trying again, especially if you can recognize your weaknesses and strengthen them.

<3 from an M3

If accepted I will bring my dad's baking which can be anything, from: coconut cream pie, turtle cheesecake with an oreo crust, any kind of cheesecake, lava cakes, apple or zucchini pie, pecan pie, or even vegetables from our garden! yay maybe we can start up a little trading post ahaha
Good thing I'll have the option to facilitate PBL next year!

We are all about to gain SO much weight if people here all get in. I volunteer to wear the Santa costume in 2021.
The pre-clinical 15 (or 30...) is real friends.

Just wanted to give you guys a little encouragement to hang in there! Mizzou can really make you sweat it out but it's worth it. Even if you don't get in this year don't give up. Mizzou looks fondly upon trying again, especially if you can recognize your weaknesses and strengthen them.

<3 from an M3

I can't take a preclinical 15 on top of my covid 15. Maybe all the sweating I'm doing over looking for the right house will help 😅

Even if you don't get in this year don't give up. Mizzou looks fondly upon trying again, especially if you can recognize your weaknesses and strengthen them.
Will Mizzou offer any feedback on your app/interviews that could help you improve for next cycle if you didn't get in and want to reapply?

Will Mizzou offer any feedback on your app/interviews that could help you improve for next cycle if you didn't get in and want to reapply?
They said they do at interviews! Not sure if that only applies post-II

They said they do at interviews! Not sure if that only applies post-II
Cool! I interviewed in early Jan and got the status unchanged email at the end of the month. If I don't get in this cycle, I'd definitely love some feedback from them on which areas I could do better on.

Just to clarify the M3's original post, I don't think the M3 is advocating for reapplying to MIZZOU if you have offers to other MD programs this cycle. If you turn down MD offers and become a reapplicant because you did not get into your "desired" program, that will be viewed very negatively by most, if not all, ADCOMs. Don't apply to programs if you are not prepared to go there. I am just an applicant this cycle as well, so take that for what it is, but feel free to reach out to advisors and ADCOM members, or peruse this topic on SDN.

I just wanted to bring this up in case anyone was getting the impression that it's okay to reapply next cycle if you turn down MD offers this cycle because you will most likely get blackballed nearly everywhere for having the hubris to turn down an MD offer this cycle.

<3 from an M3

As an M1, I can confirm that the pre-clinical 15....maybe 30 is absolutely real >.> (especially when the QB brings in breakfast on Fridays)

ngl mad nervous now more than ever. I really want in! cry cry

• Care
ngl mad nervous now more than ever. I really want in! cry cry
So glad someone said it. I feel like the days are going by fast but the weeks are going by slow, if that makes sense.

• Care
Only a few more weeks and the wait will be over!
I'm trying not to overanalyze, but the most recent status update email said "we anticipate that the Admissions Committee will conclude its work by early March." Based on past forums, it seems like the "by" language could mean the last week of February. So it seems like we could know as soon as two weeks from now, yes?

I heard from someone that recently interviewed here that March 5 is when people find out. So three more weeks.

I'm trying not to overanalyze, but the most recent status update email said "we anticipate that the Admissions Committee will conclude its work by early March." Based on past forums, it seems like the "by" language could mean the last week of February. So it seems like we could know as soon as two weeks from now, yes?
Jesus... I hope. Man the way Mizzou does it really keeps you on the edge of your seat. Hope we both get in, cool to have a NFL (albeit Chiefs...) fan as a possible classmate! :rofl:

• Love
Jesus... I hope. Man the way Mizzou does it really keeps you on the edge of your seat. Hope we both get in, cool to have a NFL (albeit Chiefs...) fan as a possible classmate! :rofl:
As long as we all agree never to speak of Superbowl 55 ;)

• Care
They have previously (did for me, but we had a different admissions director at that time). Blair will be really busy after the list is finalized, but if you are patient and give her time to breath first she'll probably be able to give some feedback. You can try reaching out to any students you've met during the process (you should have all gotten a sheet with a list of students open to talking). Speaking with your pre-med advisors, letter writers, or other physicians can always be helpful as well.
Just to clarify the M3's original post, I don't think the M3 is advocating for reapplying to MIZZOU if you have offers to other MD programs this cycle. If you turn down MD offers and become a reapplicant because you did not get into your "desired" program, that will be viewed very negatively by most, if not all, ADCOMs. Don't apply to programs if you are not prepared to go there. I am just an applicant this cycle as well, so take that for what it is, but feel free to reach out to advisors and ADCOM members, or peruse this topic on SDN.

I just wanted to bring this up in case anyone was getting the impression that it's okay to reapply next cycle if you turn down MD offers this cycle because you will most likely get blackballed nearly everywhere for having the hubris to turn down an MD offer this cycle.
ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! I hope it didn't come off that I was advocating to skip all others for Mizzou. If you have a chance to be a doctor take it! Just saying if Mizzou is your top choice and you don't get in ANYWHERE don't be scared about reapplying to Mizzou.

My first time applying I hung around until the end of Feb when I got unceremoniously rejected (no wait list for me). Second time I applied I was accepted at the end of October in the first wave. I credit that drastic change in fortunes in being able to get great feedback from our admissions director, an MU undergrad professor, and taking very specific and targeted moves in the intervening months to fix my weaknesses.

If you want it enough you'll make it happen, but if you got an admission somewhere else you've already made it happen.

Has anybody that has interviewed recently been told when admissions decisions will be sent out by?

Has anybody that has interviewed recently been told when admissions decisions will be sent out by?
I heard from someone that interviewed recently that they would hear by March 5th because that week is the last week for interviews supposedly.

I heard from someone that interviewed recently that they would hear by March 5th because that week is the last week for interviews supposedly.
Omgggg r u serious!? 😭😭😂😂

Did anyone else receive an email from MU residency department regarding their in-state residency status?

I figured it was kinda weird even before receiving the final decision from them lol

Did anyone else receive an email from MU residency department regarding their in-state residency status?

I figured it was kinda weird even before receiving the final decision from them lol
Hmmm soft A? :lol:

• Love
  • Haha
Hmmm soft A? :lol:
I suspect the email was an error lol the email says,
"We have received your application for the School of Medicine for Spring 2021 ... we need some information and documents to determine your Residency status for the Spring semester 2021."
I'm not sure why it would say Spring semester lmao

I suspect the email was an error lol the email says,
"We have received your application for the School of Medicine for Spring 2021 ... we need some information and documents to determine your Residency status for the Spring semester 2021."
I'm not sure why it would say Spring semester lmao
Haha I got this like 3 days before my interview as well, was also confused why they were asking for spring 2021.

Late reply, but I did get the same email on the 12th. I figured they were just doing some administrative housekeeping. Kinda weird though, seeing as I graduated fairly recently from here. :shrug:

Are we thinking there are gonna be As tomorrow?
Not 100% sure, but they might wait until next week when they finish and send out all decisions at once. But who knows they might decide to send out some tomorrow.

Not 100% sure, but they might wait until next week when they finish and send out all decisions at once. But who knows they might decide to send out some tomorrow.
1614200847729.png

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users