2020-2021 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm having a difficult time getting info on Davie vs Clearwater. Does the fact that Davie is more established make it the definite better choice over Clearwater, or does Clearwater have something that Davie does not?
IMO, no, Clearwater is just a new campus and is an extension of Davie. Should be the same curriculum, and your degree will still come from NOVA. Since Clearwater is newer, I'm sure there will be some bumps in the road as there usually is with newer programs due to professors and faculty that are kinda starting from scratch other than the resources provided to them by my main NOVA.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
IMO, no, Clearwater is just a new campus and is an extension of Davie. Should be the same curriculum, and your degree will still come from NOVA. Since Clearwater is newer, I'm sure there will be some bumps in the road as there usually is with newer programs due to professors and faculty that are kinda starting from scratch other than the resources provided to them by my main NOVA.

Do you know much about either area? I'm OOS and am not familiar

I don't know anything about Davie, but the Clearwater campus is on the Courtney Campbell Causeway, which is essentially the long causeway that connects between Clearwater Beach area and Tampa. Yes the campus is on the water, albeit, old Tampa Bay, ie. it's not the crystal clear beaches you're thinking of. It's closest city is Safety Harbor, Clearwater, and Tampa. You're not going to find apartments or cheap housing very close by because its in an old suburban family area sandwiched between touristy Clearwater and bougie Tampa. That being said, it's less than 20 minuets from "one of the best beaches in the country" and Tampa International Airport. It really is in a great location if you want access to the beaches, St. Pete and Tampa really quickly. Also, not sure what hospitals NOVA partners with but there are fantastic hospitals in Tampa and St. Pete. Also, not a bad time to get on the Tampa Bay Bucs train with Brady. PM me if you have any more questions!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm having a difficult time getting info on Davie vs Clearwater. Does the fact that Davie is more established make it the definite better choice over Clearwater, or does Clearwater have something that Davie does not?
adding onto tyoe1fiber's comment, from my previous interview they told me classes are streamed either from Davie or to Davie, depending on where the professors are. Anatomy lab can either be in person or a virtual anatomy lab. NOVA is trying its best make the both campuses equal.
Also, FWIW, NOVA interviewed INTO JULY (double check this again, it's either June or July of 2019 for Fall 2019 seats) for the cycle of 2018-2019 because they couldn't fill the Clearwater campus.

People who have gotten called, do you have MCAT scores?
I got a call, still haven't taken my MCAT due to cancellations. I asked if they would start reviewing my application without the MCAT and was told that yes, they would begin application review without the MCAT.

Reactions: 1 users
adding onto tyoe1fiber's comment, from my previous interview they told me classes are streamed either from Davie or to Davie, depending on where the professors are. Anatomy lab can either be in person or a virtual anatomy lab. NOVA is trying its best make the both campuses equal.
Also, FWIW, NOVA interviewed INTO JULY (double check this again, it's either June or July of 2019 for Fall 2019 seats) for the cycle of 2018-2019 because they couldn't fill the Clearwater campus.

Doesn't surprise me, a friend of mine was accepted to their Clearwater campus just a few weeks before the semester began.

Will NOVA extend Interview Invites without an MCAT? Did they say how long would they take to review the application before sending an II.

I got a call, still haven't taken my MCAT due to cancellations. I asked if they would start reviewing my application without the MCAT and was told that yes, they would begin application review without the MCAT.

What was the call in regards too?

also received a call reminding me that I have outstanding material, so my application isn't complete. NOVA did this in the previous cycle as well, they will call you almost every week and send you email if you have missing material (MCAT, letters etc)

hey are y'all just listing and describing you volunteer experiences or working them into an essay?

Hi! For the second question regarding "How did you learn about Osteopathic medicine?" how long did you guys make this? I am worried about how in-depth and how much to go for this question?

Hi! For the second question regarding "How did you learn about Osteopathic medicine?" how long did you guys make this? I am worried about how in-depth and how much to go for this question?

Mine was about 350 words. I was kinda confused also since there’s no character limit for NOVA if i remember correctly

Members don't see this ad :)
The call was just to let me know that they had received all my application material after i submitted my secondary and that my application was being sent off for review.

hey to the people who got a call, since they said if we were to get an invite, we would receive it in less than 4 weeks, has anyone gotten anything again?

hey to the people who got a call, since they said if we were to get an invite, we would receive it in less than 4 weeks, has anyone gotten anything again?
I got the call and have not received anything yet

Really excited about this school :)

How bad would it look if I submitted my secondary 1 week late? I thought credit card went through but nope..

Hey, did everyone get the "Nova Southeastern University AACOMAS Service Application Receipt Reminder" email today? I submitted by secondary 6/27 o_O

M2 here. Both campuses are the same Clearwater is just newer.

That’s really hard to say cause I haven’t spoken in person to any student from Clearwater so I don’t know exactly the percentage of instate vs out of state but it’s maybe about 60% in state and 40% out of state.

Hey!

Do you know if there is any preference given to SoFlo residents?

Can somebody comment the essay secondary responses with character or word limits included?

hey y'all! my aacomas app got verified on 7/8/20. how long did it take for you guys to receive a secondary after being verified?

Everyone has different preferences. I’m a lifelong Florida resident and would choose the Clearwater campus over Davie personally. I’m an M4 from the Davie campus but living in Clearwater for rotations. (My core site is Largo Medical Center)

Everyone has different preferences. I’m a lifelong Florida resident and would choose the Clearwater campus over Davie personally. I’m an M4 from the Davie campus but living in Clearwater for rotations. (My core site is Largo Medical Center)

Thanks for your response. Any reasons you can share on why you prefer Clearwater?

Thanks for your response. Any reasons you can share on why you prefer Clearwater?

Easy access to city (Tampa), major international airport (TPA), beaches, culture, things to do, without the 24/7/365 heat (any cool fronts seem to curve and never reach that corner of FL), terrible traffic (safety, and aggravation), extreme high cost of living/rent/insurance, and personally worst allergies of all time of South Florida.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got the call from NOVA! Super excited about this school :)

Hi guys, for the question asking us to list our significant healthcare volunteer activities... can shadowing be included?

hi guys! just started watching this forum, this is my number one school choice and I'm praying I get in :arghh:. I think interviews start coming out late August

I think called me but I missed the call cause I was at work, what should I do?

I think called me but I missed the call cause I was at work, what should I do?

They left a voicemail for me. Try resetting your phone first to see if you get it a message. If not, call/email

Hey guys! I received the phone call about my application being completed but I am receiving emails from AMSINFO saying that I can access my outstanding application using WebStar even though I don’t have any outstanding materials. Did anyone else get this email even after they were told their application was complete? Is this something I should be concerned about or is it just a systematic message?

Last edited:
Hey guys! I received the phone call about my application being completed but I am receiving emails from AMSINFO saying that I can access my outstanding application using WebStar even though I don’t have any outstanding materials. Did anyone else get this email even after they were told their application was complete? Is this something I should be concerned about or is it just a systematic message?
I received the same email with WebStar information, even after I was told I was complete. I don't have any outstanding materials, either, so I believe that it is just an automated message. I haven't heard anything more from Nova for a while now.

Hi guys! How long did it take you to get a secondary? I was verified yesterday but haven't received anything yet