2020-2021 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hopefully more of us IS hear back soon! I submitted my secondary 6/18 and still nothing

Members don't see this ad.

Just called to check the status of my application, and they said they made a decision but it is still pending... I hope that's not something bad

Just called to check the status of my application, and they said they made a decision but it is still pending... I hope that's not something bad

That’s strange. They didn’t give you a timeframe?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the call that my app was sent to review, but I am still waiting on another science LOR. Will they extend an II even without that one letter? Thank you!

I got the call that my app was sent to review, but I am still waiting on another science LOR. Will they extend an II even without that one letter? Thank you!
Hi! So I also applied last year but they said they couldn't review my app until all my letters were sent, and my app was never reviewed because the letter was never received. Seems like it might be different for you though because they called and told you they were sending your app in for review! I would call and ask just to make sure though.

For the prompt about employment during undergrad, does it mean only during undergrad and I should not include information about my gap year employment? Would it be okay to just add a sentence at the bottom that's like "Employment after graduation not included, per prompt. This employment would include continuation of _____ and starting _____." Short and sweet with no hours, etc?

Received II yesterday morning. Primary was complete end of May and secondary was complete beginning of June. OOS and LizzyM 67.4.

Reactions: 1 users
For those with MCAT scores: does your checklist show a row for MCAT completion?

Reactions: 1 user
Would taking a while to get your LORs in hurt your application, other than just delaying the time to complete? I got a call saying they're missing a LOR, and I'm not sure how long my college will take to write my committee letter

Would taking a while to get your LORs in hurt your application, other than just delaying the time to complete? I got a call saying they're missing a LOR, and I'm not sure how long my college will take to write my committee letter

I don't think it will hurt it. The only thing that will hurt it is that it's on a rolling admissions basis, so the longer it takes the further down in the pile you'll go

I got a call saying I’m missing a LOR. I need to submit 3 professors plus a physician letter since I don’t have committee letter because my school doesn’t do one. They said I can only send the letter directly to aacomas. The problem is I don’t want to send this letter to aacomas because then it’ll transmit to every school I applied to and I believe it’s a fairly average letter. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad :)
I called as well for an update on my application and they said they will be sending a decision soon with no timeframe even though it has been 6 weeks since I have submitted my secondary. Is this bad? Any input would be great.

I called as well for an update on my application and they said they will be sending a decision soon with no timeframe even though it has been 6 weeks since I have submitted my secondary. Is this bad? Any input would be great.

There’s only been 1 round of interviews so it’s still early.
When you say no timeframe, did you ask them for one or did they just not mention a time?

There’s only been 1 round of interviews so it’s still early.
When you say no timeframe, did you ask them for one or did they just not mention a time?

I specifically asked for a timeframe because when I initially got the call from Nova to tell me that my application is been completed, I assumed by 6 weeks I will know the decision and today marks that 6th week mark.

I'm in the same exact boat right now. I'm hoping another wave of interviews come out soon.

Anyone know how to check the progress of their application step by step? I would appreciate it

What is LM?

It stands for LizzyM score — it’s based off of a formula that incorporates your GPA and MCAT so you can compare stats without directly sharing what your scores are. If you google LizzyM SDN calculator you should find it!

Thanks Dr., and thanks for sharing that you got a II. Good luck

Called the front desk and they said mine is still " ready for review" :( submitted app since 6/20 I guess that is bad news, Im IS applicant too

Called the front desk and they said mine is still " ready for review" :( submitted app since 6/20 I guess that is bad news, Im IS applicant too
I literally submitted mine 6/19 and I'm IS as well so I totally feel you right now dude. I thought my stats were pretty good, so I'm kinda bummed. I'm prayingggg that we hear back soon. Nova is my first choice /: We gotta stay positive!!! You never know maybe we'll hear back like next week! (fingers crossed)

Do people not realize Nova isn't a state school? It won't make a difference if you're a resident or not. Just be patient everyone it takes time

Reactions: 2 users
I was conflicted for the "how did you learn about osteopathic medicine" essay, should I have a bit of "why DO" in the essay or stick strictly to the promt?

I was conflicted for the "how did you learn about osteopathic medicine" essay, should I have a bit of "why DO" in the essay or stick strictly to the promt?
I think you could include "why DO" if it fits naturally. I talked about how I learned about osteopathic medicine and why that experience led me to want to become an osteopathic physician/apply to NOVA.

I strictly stuck to the prompt and I don't even think I wrote that much. I did get an II.

Did anyone put their shadowing experience under the health-related volunteer experiences question? I feel like its not volunteering because you aren't doing anything but observing/

Did anyone put their shadowing experience under the health-related volunteer experiences question? I feel like its not volunteering because you aren't doing anything but observing/
I personally didn't. I just stuck to my clinic/hospital volunteering experiences .

Anyone that received an interview and scheduled it, did you ever get a confirmation email? I never got one and tbh I forgot what date I selected hahaha

I submitted secondary 07/16 and it's been silence since. Also, I don't have an mcat on file so that may also be why.

I submitted secondary 07/16 and it's been silence since. Also, I don't have an mcat on file so that may also be why.
finished same time with MCAT still in review . Just wait . It’s way early and with the massive number of applications it’s just gonna take time

I thought maybe my science/MD professor LOR could count for the requirements but I just got a call saying I need one more letter still

Anyone know how to check the progress of their application step by step? I would appreciate it
It will be the link that says "HERE" in the e-mail from hdpadmissions but I forgot my Login ID/ Pin lol. Does anyone know if these are default #'s?

Anyone else on the west coast? My II time is 8am, that's going to be 5am here, I called to see if they could accommodate for the time zone difference but it was a no go.

How long did it take for them to contact you about II once your app was complete?

Anyone else on the west coast? My II time is 8am, that's going to be 5am here, I called to see if they could accommodate for the time zone difference but it was a no go.
How long did it take to hear back about an II from when your application was complete?

When were you contacted about an interview time? I scheduled my interview a week ago and haven't been contacted by them since.

@loveangel2208 @jdangnd91 I was complete about 3 weeks ago.

@drmeter The emailed me early this week, however, when did you schedule your II day? I went with the first day, dunno if that makes a difference.

@loveangel2208 @jdangnd91 I was complete about 3 weeks ago.

@drmeter The emailed me early this week, however, when did you schedule your II day? I went with the first day, dunno if that makes a difference.
Ah, I went with the second day, which is on 8/20 I believe -- makes sense that your group would be contacted first!

Just received a call that my application is complete and is going in review, the woman said it should be approx 4-6 weeks for review. I don't have MCAT yet (score coming soon) .

Has there been more than 1 round of II’s (that we know of)? I know a few ppl reported on here 8/4.