2020-2021 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received an acceptance off the alternate list today. I was recently admitted into another medical school so I have declined the NSU’s offer. I hope my spot goes to one of you guys :) good luck!!
Congratulations!!! did you receive a call prior to acceptance email?

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone confirm that Nova only gives a 3 week summer vacation? Just wanted to make sure! I know a lot of other schools give a much longer break between 1st and 2nd year so I was just curious haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone confirm that Nova only gives a 3 week summer vacation? Just wanted to make sure! I know a lot of other schools give a much longer break between 1st and 2nd year so I was just curious haha
This years summer break is July 1st -July 25th. Much shorter than a lot of medical schools since we have summer classes for two months.

Reactions: 1 user
Question for any current students:

should I buy a backpack or is it realistic to think I could get away with just bringing an iPad case with my iPad? Will we be bringing more than a diagnostic kit around campus at any point or for a long period of time?

Question for any current students:

should I buy a backpack or is it realistic to think I could get away with just bringing an iPad case with my iPad? Will we be bringing more than a diagnostic kit around campus at any point or for a long period of time?
you will need a bag of some sort

Accepted off the waitlist today! Will be withdrawing my seat, however. I hope it goes to one of you guys. Good luck!! :)

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Accepted off the waitlist today! Will be withdrawing my seat, however. I hope it goes to one of you guys. Good luck!! :)
congrats! do you remember when you got the call about being placed on the top 10 (if you got a call)

What are the odds of getting switched into the Ft. Lauderdale campus from Tampa if we just got off the waitlist?

Will be withdrawing my seat today. I hope it goes to one of you guys. Good luck!!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted off the waitlist to the Clearwater campus! I received a call last Wednesday if I was interested in being put on the top 10.

Reactions: 2 users
Is this school still doing interviews? Never got a rejection lol

I’ve been chosen! 😭 Just got my acceptance 💙 if anyone can provide the links to a GC or FB group I would be super appreciative 🥰

Reactions: 5 users
What is likelihood of getting in off the waitlist at this point? I am debating whether to proceed and reapply or wait patiently till the end of this month? I sent a few letters of intent and I don't expect to have any significant changes/updates to my application in the next few weeks. Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated! Congrats to all of you who got in, you deserve it! :clap::clap::clap:

What is likelihood of getting in off the waitlist at this point? I am debating whether to proceed and reapply or wait patiently till the end of this month? I sent a few letters of intent and I don't expect to have any significant changes/updates to my application in the next few weeks. Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated! Congrats to all of you who got in, you deserve it! :clap::clap::clap:
It’s possible but probably not super likely. I got off last year at the end of May and there were a few people that got off in June/early July. However school starts in 2 weeks. If you have any questions about your app feel free to message me and I’ll try to help

It’s still possible. I think you’ve done everything you can.
If by multiple LOI you mean all of them have gone to NSU, that’s overkill but not a problem.
If you sent a LOI to more than one program then there are some ethical issues at okay there.

Quick Update: ACCEPTED OFF the WAITLIST!!!!:clap::clap::clap:
For someone who reads this thread while waiting for the interview invite or acceptance, please don't lose hope! I received my acceptance letter a few days before the orientation! I was actually in process of reapplying when i received an "interest" call. One thing that I believe helped me to gain A was constantly updating admissions regarding my application, I sent letters of interest every 2-3 weeks with the grades, volunteering hours/work updates etc.

GOOD LUCK! YOU GOT THIS!:thumbup:

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Wondering if I should submit secondary now or wait, I know most DO schools have a 2k nonrefundable fee to hold your acceptance. Not assuming I will receive an acceptance, but my stats are higher than their average and I am aiming for mainly MD. Should I wait or submit now?

Wondering if I should submit secondary now or wait, I know most DO schools have a 2k nonrefundable fee to hold your acceptance. Not assuming I will receive an acceptance, but my stats are higher than their average and I am aiming for mainly MD. Should I wait or submit now?
I’d submit sooner than later. Better odds of getting accepted. The deposit isnt due for a while. If you rrwlly want q plan B.. better be a solid one. I have a friend who has a 4.0 and 524 mcat and is currently reapplying.

anither 4.0 and a 515 + mcat and also reapplied. im sure you have solid ECs and letters but still.. i applied to a couple schools as q back up around this of year in my cycle and while i burned like 200 doing it..

I’d submit sooner than later. Better odds of getting accepted. The deposit isnt due for a while. If you rrwlly want q plan B.. better be a solid one. I have a friend who has a 4.0 and 524 mcat and is currently reapplying.

anither 4.0 and a 515 + mcat and also reapplied. im sure you have solid ECs and letters but still.. i applied to a couple schools as q back up around this of year in my cycle and while i burned like 200 doing it..
Why didn’t your friends get in?

Why didn’t your friends get in?
I think at the end of the day both of them had weak personal statements. That and the one who scored a 524 had minimal ECs beyond tutoring, TAing, and some shadowing. Really unfortunate.