2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Can any current students say what the dress code is for OMM at this school?
During Covid, there is a school uniform you buy from the school: shirt and shorts. Otherwise, it's shorts not past the knee and girls have to have a sports bra preferably normal straps with no hooks and no racerback. Honestly, it gets relaxed where people wear sweat pants or leggings and not always the "proper" sports bra, but as long as you can work on the body parts you need (i.e. lower legs you need access to the skin) you learn what you can wear when. Tests are it's own things if you need to be professional there are rules with that and then you should wear the proper proper thing as a patient so your classmates acting as doctor have the best chance. Exceptions: religious reasons is the most common.

During Covid, there is a school uniform you buy from the school: shirt and shorts. Otherwise, it's shorts not past the knee and girls have to have a sports bra preferably normal straps with no hooks and no racerback. Honestly, it gets relaxed where people wear sweat pants or leggings and not always the "proper" sports bra, but as long as you can work on the body parts you need (i.e. lower legs you need access to the skin) you learn what you can wear when. Tests are it's own things if you need to be professional there are rules with that and then you should wear the proper proper thing as a patient so your classmates acting as doctor have the best chance. Exceptions: religious reasons is the most common.
So, it's still shirtless during non-Covid times for guys?

Thanks for letting me know! I saw it used to be that way, but I couldn't get a clear answer from the docs we had to sign regarding the OMM section

So, it's still shirtless during non-Covid times for guys?

Thanks for letting me know! I saw it used to be that way, but I couldn't get a clear answer from the docs we had to sign regarding the OMM section
It's is still the same general concept for everyone except you're suppose to come in the school's shirt and shorts and not your own thing. Women don't have a mandated bra from the school. When you practice you still go shirtless sometimes, yes.

It's is still the same general concept for everyone except you're suppose to come in the school's shirt and shorts and not your own thing. Women don't have a mandated bra from the school. When you practice you still go shirtless sometimes, yes.
Cool. Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: 1 user
If you had to choose between this one and the south georgia pcom campus , which would you pick?

If you had to choose between this one and the south georgia pcom campus , which would you pick?
I would choose the Georgia campus. The faculty there seemed a lot more engaging & supportive. South Georgia has a very nice campus but you don’t have information on where students have matched and pass rates since it’s new.

Reactions: 1 users
Georgia for sure. It seems to be turning things around at least somewhat and a lot of GA admin migrated to S. GA.

Interview invite today! OOS

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@Dr.Janitor22
Is it too early to start thinking about housing? Any recommendations for a single person apartment in the area?
You can definitely look at options and general pricing for sure. I'd wait for summer to try and lease and go around holidays to try and get deals for applications or rent. You can also look on pcom classifieds on facebook for people renting out rooms in houses if that's your thing. Single person apartments depends how much you're willing to spend and how far you want to drive. I started with places like zillow and also just googling apartments in google maps. There are a ton of complexes near by so I'd go off price or something to help you decide. In case everything stays/goes back to virtual I'd also consider confirming quietness or thinking of price if you want a top floor apartment.

Does this school have cadaver dissections? If not, how do students learn anatomy?

What are the average stats of students accepted here ?

I was accepted back in October, but I didn't really log into mypcom and complete required forms since I was still in the process of interviewing for other schools. I'm just now getting around to look at them, and a lot of the forms say to complete within 2 weeks of receiving my login information. I can't access them, since the two weeks has passed already. Will I have my seat rescinded? I already paid both deposits.

I was accepted back in October, but I didn't really log into mypcom and complete required forms since I was still in the process of interviewing for other schools. I'm just now getting around to look at them, and a lot of the forms say to complete within 2 weeks of receiving my login information. I can't access them, since the two weeks has passed already. Will I have my seat rescinded? I already paid both deposits.
Most schools are strict about deadlines. You really don't want to start off bad with them by ignoring such simple tasks i.e. completing things on time. Make no assumptions but the best way to find out is to connect with the admissions about it. Good Luck!

You would have received notification if they had rescinded your seat. Contact them by email on Monday explaining the situation. You may get a talking to but hopefully they will resend the links. Unless of course you missed the email telling you your seat was gone.

From what I can see nothing has been updated for the class of 2025 yet. All the links say either 2020 or class of 2024. I think they are still updating everything. They posted that we should get an email when it is time to complete everything. You probably cannot see the forms because you're not logged in with your pcom email. So chances are you're probably fine (or we are both screwed lol).

sadly, yes. has been the case since November surprisingly.
Hi! I interviewed March 16th. So this means any future correspondence within the next few weeks will potentially be a waitlist or rejection?

What are the average GPA/MCAT scores at this campus and the SoGA campus?

Hello all! I have informed the school (SOGA campus) via email that I am withdrawing my application as I have received an acceptance locally and will be attending another school. However, I have not heard back from PCOM and my interview is tomorrow at 10:45 AM CST. What should I do? Panicking here lol. Do I still have to attend the interview?

Hello all! I have informed the school (SOGA campus) via email that I am withdrawing my application as I have received an acceptance locally and will be attending another school. However, I have not heard back from PCOM and my interview is tomorrow at 10:45 AM CST. What should I do? Panicking here lol. Do I still have to attend the interview?
From a professional standpoint, you should call them tomorrow and notify them, only attend if you want to still go here.

Going on from this, please let them know I can be your replacement at 10:45am XD XD XD

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
From a professional standpoint, you should call them tomorrow and notify them, only attend if you want to still go here.

Going on from this, please let them know I can be your replacement at 10:45am XD XD XD
Thank you so much! I tried calling the campus a couple of times today and was unsuccessful. Hopefully, I am able to find luck informing the school of my withdrawal tomorrow morning over the phone. I understand that failure to attend the video interview will result in an automatic withdrawal (per the II emails), but as someone who hopes to find an opportunity to secure a residency at PCOM in the future, I do want to maintain my promptness and professionalism, and the school itself is great.

UPDATE: PCOM has withdrawn my app as per my request and I don't believe I will need to attend the interview tomorrow. All the best to everyone, and @Almosthere771, I hope you get my II if it's not too late!

Thank you so much! I tried calling the campus a couple of times today and was unsuccessful. Hopefully, I am able to find luck informing the school of my withdrawal tomorrow morning over the phone. I understand that failure to attend the video interview will result in an automatic withdrawal (per the II emails), but as someone who hopes to find an opportunity to secure a residency at PCOM in the future, I do want to maintain my promptness and professionalism, and the school itself is great.

UPDATE: PCOM has withdrawn my app as per my request and I don't believe I will need to attend the interview tomorrow. All the best to everyone, and @Almosthere771, I hope you get my II if it's not too late!
<3 <3 <3 <3

2/19 session, waitlisted but going elsewhere. good luck guys!

Has this school started pulling from the wait list? Just wanted to see what the chances were for getting off the wait list this cycle.

3/3 Rejected. It’s been an especially hard year and I needed a win but will try and find it in me to reapply. Good luck to everyone else!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
3/3 Rejected. It’s been an especially hard year and I needed a win but will try and find it in me to reapply. Good luck to everyone else!
I'm so sorry to hear that! Stay strong and don't give up! What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? Georgia resident?

I'm so sorry to hear that! Stay strong and don't give up! What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? Georgia resident
URM 501, strong postbac upward trend however still sub 3.0 GPA, Georgia Resident.

• Care
Anyone who interviewed in March get any updates post interview?
Interviewed March 17th. Haven't heard anything yet, but someone who interviewed 3/3 posted earlier in regards to receiving a response from the school. I'm assuming those who interviewed after that date should be hearing back soon.

I know this has been briefly discussed earlier in this thread, but can any current students speak on the curriculum here? I have heard mandatory lecture attendance will be dropped and dedicated time to study for boards will be implemented, but cannot seem to get a concrete answer when I reach out to admissions or student affairs except that mandatory attendance has been lifted "unless faculty decides otherwise in the future."