2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew my A, GOOD LUCK to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Check your portal guys. Just randomly checking my portal and saw the "$750 deposit" tab under "requirements" section..... Haven't seen the email yet but I know it's coming!!!! :banana:

Check your portal guys. Just randomly checking my portal and saw the "$750 deposit" tab under "requirements" section..... Haven't seen the email yet but I know it's coming!!!! :banana:
Congrats :) !!! Did you interview recently?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, don't congrats me too soon. I need the email to be official.. :D ... I interviewed 3/15
Lol well I'm sure it's coming so I'm happy for you! 🕺🏼and okay so that means hopefully they'll be notifying applicants from the later March interviews soon!

Has anyone else not heard back yet after submitting the secondary fee lol

Reactions: 3 users
I know PCOM doesn’t rank so can someone explain how does pulling off WL work?? Is it by date ?

Just got waitlisted today
Interviewed 3/17

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
I know PCOM doesn’t rank so can someone explain how does pulling off WL work?? Is it by date ?
They try to match the person from the waitlist with the person who withdrew. Not sure exactly how they match, but I think they include things like experiences, demographics, and stats. So it's more complicated than just taking the one with the highest stats as they are trying to maintain the diversity (in whatever category that may be) they created in their original acceptances.

Just got accepted off the waitlist this morning, interviewed in mid February. Will be declining the offer though, good luck to everyone!

They try to match the person from the waitlist with the person who withdrew. Not sure exactly how they match, but I think they include things like experiences, demographics, and stats. So it's more complicated than just taking the one with the highest stats as they are trying to maintain the diversity (in whatever category that may be) they created in their original acceptances.
Interesting... okay! Thank you :)

When did you submit the fee?
Like August. It's so weird. I've even asked and they're like "you're under review." I would really like to go here because it's relatively close to home but they're probably close to finishing interviews if they haven't already. Like my stats aren't bad per se. Idk man

Like August. It's so weird. I've even asked and they're like "you're under review." I would really like to go here because it's relatively close to home but they're probably close to finishing interviews if they haven't already. Like my stats aren't bad per se. Idk man
Yeah, I dunno. Best of luck to you though!

Just got accepted from the waitlist, interviewed in early January.

• Love
How do I see the portal? I submitted in October and I don’t see anything but the application summary grid - nothing that says under review?

How do I see the portal? I submitted in October and I don’t see anything but the application summary grid - nothing that says under review?

The application summary grid is the only info you get. You could try calling them on Monday!

Current 1st year here. Let me know if you have any questions.
P.S. the new dean is amazing and attendance will not be mandatory next year as well.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I just got accepted off the waitlist today! I was initially waitlisted in November.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
congrats!!! what were you stats if you don't mind?
UG GPA of 3.3 and UG Science GPA is 3.0. My fall SMP GPA at another DO School is 4.0 and MCAT is 507. I think it helped that I expressed an interest in primary care in my application. Hope that helps!

Hey I’ve been waitlisted at this program since late January, has there been any movement yet ?

Accepted today. Interview: March 29.
No waitlist. Best of luck to all of you.

• Love
I was just accepted off the waitlist today! 1st year biomed. Thanks be to God, without him this wouldn't have been possible! Good luck everyone! Over the moon right now

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I was just accepted off the waitlist today! 1st year biomed. Thanks be to God, without him this wouldn't have been possible! Good luck everyone! Over the moon right now
Congrats!!! If you don't mind me asking, when did you interview and what are your stats?

Withdrew my acceptance. I hope one of y'all get it! :)

Hi, does anyone know if there is a PCOM Georgia Class of 2025 GroupMe and/or Facebook page?

Can any current students comment on the new dean and the upcoming curricular changes? Also, what is the dress code?

I've been seeing the Facebook number increase, but I'm not sure if that's waitlist or those who already had A's just joining the group.
I hear most movement is between may and June, would it be beneficial to call admissions or just wait and be patient?

I'd probably give it atleast another week and see what happens. Based on last years thread, it looked like a lot waitlist movement started happening about 2 weeks after the May deadline. So hopefully we'll see something by next week or even the first week of June.

I'd probably give it atleast another week and see what happens. Based on last years thread, it looked like a lot waitlist movement started happening about 2 weeks after the May deadline. So hopefully we'll see something by next week or even the first week of June.
I’ve been waitlisted since January hoping for good news soon, praying for y’all as well 🙌🏻

• Care
Reactions: 1 users