2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody know the instructions on how to send a thank you note post interview? Thank you
Yes, you need to send to this email [email protected], and the subject should start with "ATTN: *insert name of interviewer*"

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Completed and verified Sept 22, 2020. Sent an update email and was told my app was still under review but have heard nothing of an II yet. I know that no news is good news (because at least it's not a rejection) but I'm starting to get unsure about my chances. My stats (I want to keep private) and my app are qualified for an II, but I am OOS so I don't know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys...I was complete in early November. When should I expect to hear back? Does PCOM-G do silent rejections & wait until the end of the cycle to reject? Is the class full yet? Thank you.

Hi guys...I was complete in early November. When should I expect to hear back? Does PCOM-G do silent rejections & wait until the end of the cycle to reject? Is the class full yet? Thank you.
They are quiet until the end. Class is probably full in terms they've extended enough acceptances to fill a class, but that doesn't mean all of them have accepted or keep their seat. Some people will still be automatically accepted after interview still, but usually a more WL after this point (from what people share, so limited data). However, there is usually lots of WL movement, so a WL doesn't mean game over at this school.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can any current students tell me a little more about the South Georgia location? What's the area like? How are the classes structured? What kind of test prep is provided, are rotations good, how is the match? Are you happy here?

For those who got waitlisted and then accepted, did you send in a letter of intent or any other updates?

Wait I lied, my II is for the South Georgia campus not regular Georgia 😅miss read the title in excitement

Any first year Biomed students here gotten an interview?

Can any current students tell me a little more about the South Georgia location? What's the area like? How are the classes structured? What kind of test prep is provided, are rotations good, how is the match? Are you happy here?
Does anyone have anything to say about this school lol??

Got accepted off the waitlist today!

Edit: I interviewed around thanksgiving and was placed on the wl shortly after

So, I submitted my app 10/15/2020 but then missed the email to pay the $75 until 1/5/2021. Does anyone have any thoughts on how slim my chances are of hearing back for an interview? My stats: GPA ~3.4, MCAT 506, and a whole lot of community service.

Any recent acceptances or interview invites for anyone? :)

Not recent but I did grab an A to GA and SGA a bit before December. Dropped the SGA one Dec. 15th.

Does anyone have anything to say about this school lol??

As for this, I ain't a current student or anything but these questions came up during the interview.

Can any current students tell me a little more about the South Georgia location? - Apparently everyone in the city is really nice because the school brings in alot of fresh new people and business for the area, so they appreciate the students.
What's the area like? - Cheap rent/cost of living but not too much to do. If just a night out at a small bar, then yeah it's fine. But don't expect to hit up a major mall or something.
How are the classes structured? - Similar to PCOM Philly and PCOM GA. Small faculty/staff because small student population.
What kind of test prep is provided, are rotations good, how is the match? - No idea about test prep. Said they had rotations over at major local regional rural hospitals
Are you happy here? - Student panel seemed to be happy (mentioned that they hated mandatory attendance which has been suspended for now atleast)

Hopefully that kind of helped? :)

Interview Invite received this morning (Jan 28)
Completed Jan 22
GPA 3.74
MCAT: 498

Reactions: 2 users
for those who interviewed at the South Georgia campus, is it open or closed file? any advice on how to prepare? and any feedback on the interview overall? I would really appreciate it, thanks so much!

for those who interviewed at the South Georgia campus, is it open or closed file? any advice on how to prepare? and any feedback on the interview overall? I would really appreciate it, thanks so much!
It was closed file and I honestly just read through the PCOM GA question list on SDN. Fairly straightforward and low stress. You get to speak with students for a bit and then do an interview with 2 faculty/staff (at the same time).

It was closed file and I honestly just read through the PCOM GA question list on SDN. Fairly straightforward and low stress. You get to speak with students for a bit and then do an interview with 2 faculty/staff (at the same time).
Thank you!, is there a specific page that has these questions listed?

Completed and verified Sept 22, 2020. Sent an update email and was told my app was still under review but have heard nothing of an II yet. I know that no news is good news (because at least it's not a rejection) but I'm starting to get unsure about my chances. My stats (I want to keep private) and my app are qualified for an II, but I am OOS so I don't know.
Should I consider this a soft R? Starting to feel forgotten about

Can anyone tell me about the Georgia interview ? (not South Georgia... unless it’s the same idea)
Thank you!

Can anyone tell me about the Georgia interview ? (not South Georgia... unless it’s the same idea)
Thank you!
Depends on your interviewers. Some people I've talked to say it was super conversational, but mine was very strict question and answer, i.e. they'd say "alright question number one: bla bla bla", I'd give my answer, and the next interviewer would say "okay I have question number 2".

I've heard from current students that they have to ask questions that way because the interviewers used to ask whatever questions they wanted, but some interviewees got upset at some of the questions, so now they have a list they have to read from.

just withdrew my acceptance, hopefully it goes to one of you deserving people :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Depends on your interviewers. Some people I've talked to say it was super conversational, but mine was very strict question and answer, i.e. they'd say "alright question number one: bla bla bla", I'd give my answer, and the next interviewer would say "okay I have question number 2".

I've heard from current students that they have to ask questions that way because the interviewers used to ask whatever questions they wanted, but some interviewees got upset at some of the questions, so now they have a list they have to read from.
some still might go off script but they are supposed to use the questions provided and no stray too far from them, they are pc so no one gets their panties in a bunch

Interview Invite received a few minutes ago. I also was accepted to the Moultrie campus so I’m happy to possibly be able to chose between the campuses.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Interview Invite received a few minutes ago. I also was accepted to the Moultrie campus so I’m happy to possibly be able to chose between the campuses.
Congrats!!! Did you send them an update or anything?? Also, when were you complete?