2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They send lots of advertisement emails which can sometimes make you think you're getting an II at first and then it's disappointing when you find out it's just an ad
Oh guess I didn’t opt into that or something since I’ve only gotten the app portal email from them

Also now I can’t log into the portal anymore. Not that it’s an issue since everything has been received for a while. Idk if it’s happening to other people

Members don't see this ad.

They send lots of advertisement emails which can sometimes make you think you're getting an II at first and then it's disappointing when you find out it's just an ad
literally every time i see an email from them i get my hopes up ugh

Reactions: 1 users
Oh guess I didn’t opt into that or something since I’ve only gotten the app portal email from them

Also now I can’t log into the portal anymore. Not that it’s an issue since everything has been received for a while. Idk if it’s happening to other people
Yeah having a problem with portal too. I just received the portal for payment today but havent been able to log in.

Members don't see this ad :)
literally every time i see an email from them i get my hopes up ugh
I'm having opposite experience. I'll probably miss the II anyway because I don't pay attention anymore. C'mon PCOM, wasn't alarm fatigue on the MCAT?

Letters FINALLY showing up on my portal. Do they send "complete" emails?
I thought that once everything shows up on the portal you’re considered complete. Apparently someone here got a complete email recently though so I’m not really sure

Letters FINALLY showing up on my portal. Do they send "complete" emails?
D11B2176-E632-4B5D-9A41-AB60FB6D7412.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users
How long after submitting primary did you get the secondary email? Still haven't received it and it's been a while.

Letters showed up a week after paid secondary. That's it right? As long as all 3 boxes are filled in I'm good?

I received my secondary on July 22nd and I have been waiting for my letters to upload and none have showed up yet. Should I email them about this or just wait it out?

Members don't see this ad :)
I received my secondary on July 22nd and I have been waiting for my letters to upload and none have showed up yet. Should I email them about this or just wait it out?
Nah just wait. They say it can take 15 business days and with the volume of apps + pandemic delay it could easily take longer

It seems, like most schools, PCOM is pretty swamped. Especially since the number of applications it gets is on the higher end. Not sure if you should email but when I emailed them, after waiting the 15 days from primary submission, they updated my app the same day.

How do you get access to the portal? I submitted my primary application but do I have to wait 15 days to get the secondary before being able to access the portal? Thanks!

Has anyone received an II? / What is their timeline for sending out II?

Reactions: 1 user
if i remember correctly, last year it was mid or late Sept for the first round of IIs.

Oh wow, so there is still some time. Thank you for that information :) Also was mid/late Sept for all three PCOM schools or just the PA one ?

Remember they download apps in groups to keep the numbers manageable. Then an email goes out with instructions on how to complete your file. You must pay the fee before they will do any processing in your app. The letters will take at least 15 business days to how after the fee is processed. They are all working from home and have done a lot of work to make the process seamless but things will happen so patience is key. Also, it is August and people are still able to take vacations so they may be working with less staff.

Does anyone have that they're missing specific transcripts on their secondary portal? Mine is reporting two missing CC transcripts, but everything should have been verified through AACOMAS...

Hey! No one received a complete email right? My file has everything listed as received but I wanted to make sure that we aren’t supposed to receive a complete email as well

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! No one received a complete email right? My file has everything listed as received but I wanted to make sure that we aren’t supposed to receive a complete email as well

I did not get a complete email. I only got the portal link which came ~ a month after I submitted.

Yeah having a problem with portal too. I just received the portal for payment today but havent been able to log in.
how long after you submitted your primary did you receive the secondary portal to pay the fee?

Can anyone tell me how long after you submitted your primary to PCOM that you received the secondary fee form? I submitted August 13th and haven't received anything

Can anyone tell me how long after you submitted your primary to PCOM that you received the secondary fee form? I submitted August 13th and haven't received anything

submitted primary 6/30, verified 7/15, received secondary 8/3

1598032488547.png

The blacked out portions are the names of my recommenders. I noticed my Letter of rec - Sci Faculty 2 does not have a name but has a received date. Am I good to go or does it need to have the professor's name? I did have 2 science and 1 non-science LOR.

View attachment 316545

The blacked out portions are the names of my recommenders. I noticed my Letter of rec - Sci Faculty 2 does not have a name but has a received date. Am I good to go or does it need to have the professor's name? I did have 2 science and 1 non-science LOR.
You are good to go.

You got verified so quickly with those letters

Trying to answer: What one aspect of the PCOM (Philadelphia) community resonates with your personality and values?
Can anyone help out with some of the differencencies b/w the two locations.

Trying to answer: What one aspect of the PCOM (Philadelphia) community resonates with your personality and values?
Can anyone help out with some of the differencencies b/w the two locations.
The difference between living in the Northeast as compared to living in the South is night and day. Fast paced as compared to slow and steady down south. Very different ideologies between the North and South. Some northerners would never be able to survive the south and vice versa. And South GA is a whole different situation living pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Some would hate that, others will feel at home and comfortable.

After everything was received on the portal and it showed they had my MCAT scores, LORs, payment etc I was sent an email that's subject line was "Acknowledgment: Receipt of PCOM AACOMAS Application" and I got one for all 3 school locations (PCOM, PCOM South GA, PCOM GA). So this is what I am interpreting as a complete email.

After everything was received on the portal and it showed they had my MCAT scores, LORs, payment etc I was sent an email that's subject line was "Acknowledgment: Receipt of PCOM AACOMAS Application" and I got one for all 3 school locations (PCOM, PCOM South GA, PCOM GA). So this is what I am interpreting as a complete email.

I think I got these emails when they activated my portal, so I'm not sure that they're "complete" emails -but I never got a specific "complete" email either, and all my stuff is marked as received.

it's been almost 3 weeks since I submitted my secondary and have yet to get an email about paying the fee yet. Should I email them or is that usually how it is? I got my PCOM GA secondary fee less than a week after submitting the primary.

it's been almost 3 weeks since I submitted my secondary and have yet to get an email about paying the fee yet. Should I email them or is that usually how it is? I got my PCOM GA secondary fee less than a week after submitting the primary.

That's usually how it is. I would wait a few more days. Mine took 22 days i think.

I had to wait about a month before the fee email. I wouldn’t sweat it yet, Philadelphia is just slower due to their high volume of applicants.

I got my PCOM-GA 75$ fee the day after I submitted the primary. I also submitted for SouthGA a week ago but still hasn't got any email for payment or acknowledgement that they've received the application yet either :/

do you think they are doing it in order of lizzy m score

Secondary received and paid! Took a couple weeks...PCOM Georgia came within a few days.

Hi! Just wanted to ask a quick question regarding LORs.
I recently received the secondary fee payment request from PCOM.
I already submitted my letters via my AACOMAS primary, do I still have to send the LORs again?
If so, does PCOM accept letters via Interfolio?
Also, can we send more than the 3 LORs from professors?
Thank you so much!

I already submitted my letters via my AACOMAS primary, do I still have to send the LORs again?
Thank you so much!
They should have your letters from your AACOMAS app.

Thank you so much!
They will look at your letters after the fee is paid and update the portal. You can send more but remember quality over quantity. They feel they can assess a file with three letters. Add a DO letter and you will be good.