2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi I just had a quick question regarding my LORs

I uploaded two science faculty letters to AACOMAS on 7/21 and PCOM-PA has not uploaded those letters to my portal yet. (PCOM-GA has this ones uploaded into my portal) However, I added an "other" science faculty letter on 8/4 to AACOMAS and PCOM-PA has that one uploaded into my portal (PCOM-GA does not have this one uploaded). Is this something I am just being neurotic about and they will eventually add the first 2 science faculty letters?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I submitted 5 LOR: 3 science faculty, a mentor, and an MD. The MD did not show up received, will they take an MD letter of rec?

They will look at your letters after the fee is paid and update the portal. You can send more but remember quality over quantity. They feel they can assess a file with three letters. Add a DO letter and you will be good.
Great, Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I submitted 5 LOR: 3 science faculty, a mentor, and an MD. The MD did not show up received, will they take an MD letter of rec?
Yeah they will. I have an MD letter too and it showed up on the portal. However, not all letters show up on the portal (all of mine didn’t), esp if it’s not a required letter.

Reactions: 1 user
So reading through past threads, what exactly is PCOM after? Seems like they’re the poster child for holistic review. I’ve seen folks with low stats accepted and high stats rejected, which generally speaking is unusual. Just curious what folks think (and keep this thread alive while we wait).

So reading through past threads, what exactly is PCOM after? Seems like they’re the poster child for holistic review. I’ve seen folks with low stats accepted and high stats rejected, which generally speaking is unusual. Just curious what folks think (and keep this thread alive while we wait).
Yes they also lien towards in state and legacy apps

Having a PCOM alum letter does not make you legacy. If they are related to you, that is legacy.

Alumni LOR at certain COM count as legacy. PCOM may not. Regardless, alumni LOR can be very useful.

Members don't see this ad :)
Being in state doesn't help you for a private school...

PCOM it does per previous years threads. And I’d also refer you to KYCOM, LMU, ACOM. Private schools that favor or recruit local students.

Hi! I submitted my secondary a while back but I went on my app a few days ago and realized that the LOR that PCOM has under science LOR is not from a science faculty. I emailed admissions but I have not heard anything yet. Is there another way to contact them?

I think their portal is confusing. Can anyone who has everything completed upload a picture of what yours looks like?

Unfortunately mine has not been completed yet. Its been almost three weeks and the portal still fails to show my three LOR's I submitted through AACOMAS.

make sure you pay the fee first. I learned this the hard way lol
I have already paid the fee, so unfortunately that is not the issue here. I had no problem submitting to PCOM-GA, so Im just assuming PCOM-PA is getting overloaded with applications to process.

Does anyone know if this is what a completed secondary looks like for PCOM?
Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 7.37.59 PM.png

So based on last year's thread they starting sending IIs mid September...so because of COVID I'm thinking maybe late September early October for this cycle?

So based on last year's thread they starting sending IIs mid September...so because of COVID I'm thinking maybe late September early October for this cycle?
Tbh they could send them around the same time. It’s really anyone’s guess when they’ll come out haha

If it's anything like the other schools I would bet this is correct

Has anyone had success sending a LOR to the recommend@pcom email address? I've had my letter writer send it to the email but the admissions office can't confirm that they've received the letter and my portal has not updated after about 2 weeks.

Has anyone had success sending a LOR to the recommend@pcom email address? I've had my letter writer send it to the email but the admissions office can't confirm that they've received the letter and my portal has not updated after about 2 weeks.

I'm actually in the exact same position. One of my letters didn't count towards the requirement, so I sent another one to that email weeks ago, and it hasn't shown up on the portal.

My HPAC letter took 3 weeks to show up on the portal, so they could just be realllllyyy slow. Edit: (Not putting the blame on them)

Last edited:
You need to allow at least 15 business days and remember they are working from home but still receiving the large number of applications. Who knows what kind of internet issues they may have. They are also reviewing files and sending out II. If you can not have patience during this process you are going to develop an ulcer. If the letter meets one of their requirements it will show on the portal. If it is an extra letter it may not show on the portal and they will not confirm receipt. It is amazing how many apps they get and the amount of work they do to process each application and manage to get it done efficiently.

Reactions: 2 users
I got an answer as to the "letters in the wrong category" question: it doesn't matter, they said they were thrown into the system according to the order in which they were processed. She did confirm with me that my letters meet their requirement, so if anyone else with the same issue is nervous, it didn't seem like they minded confirming that.

Added one of the required letters of rec to AACOMAS in the beginning of July and it still hasn't shown up in my portal yet. Anyone had success emailing admissions about this?

Can anyone inform me a bit about this school? I submitted through the AACOMAS since the end of July and haven't heard anything about this school yet. What portal are you guys talking about?

Can anyone inform me a bit about this school? I submitted through the AACOMAS since the end of July and haven't heard anything about this school yet. What portal are you guys talking about?
After some time (was 3 weeks for me), they send you an email with info for access to a portal that lets you pay the secondary fee and allows you to view what’s been processed for your app!

After some time (was 3 weeks for me), they send you an email with info for access to a portal that lets you pay the secondary fee and allows you to view what’s been processed for your app!
I have not received this email, and I submitted two months ago. Should I call them? wth

Added one of the required letters of rec to AACOMAS in the beginning of July and it still hasn't shown up in my portal yet. Anyone had success emailing admissions about this?
You should email admissions to let them know a letter was added. They may need to manually pull it into your file.

Any M3 or above able to speak on how rotations work at this school? How plentiful are spots? Is it a lotto? Do you have to set up your own rotations?

Anyone know if PCOM is offering interviews without an MCAT score?
I don't think they have changed the requirement that you need the score to have a complete file. They extended the time from 3 to 4 years so anything after August 2017 will qualify but you do still need that score.

I have not received this email, and I submitted two months ago. Should I call them? wth
Check your spam! Otherwise I would reach out and check in! I submitted on 9/13 and just recieved the supplemental email today, 9/14.

On another note, I've taken the MCAT twice but the portal note reflects my old MCAT date. Does anyone in a similar situation know if this is just an automatic input or should I follow up with the office?

Check your spam! Otherwise I would reach out and check in! I submitted on 9/13 and just recieved the supplemental email today, 9/14.

On another note, I've taken the MCAT twice but the portal note reflects my old MCAT date. Does anyone in a similar situation know if this is just an automatic input or should I follow up with the office?
I’m in the same boat; I called and was told that it is an automatic input and that they take your most recent mcat. So you good

Reactions: 1 users

Their system will show the first score reported typically. You just need a date in the portal to complete the file.

What is the interview date? I know either last year or the year before there was a one week notice so just wanted to check!
I got an II on Monday, the date given for the interview is tomorrow!

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users