2020-2021 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Colorado)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we know roughly how many people get an interview invite from RVU?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those who got an II and have yet to interview, when are you interviewing?

Members don't see this ad :)
My file has been complete since 11/25. Does anyone have an idea when I'll hear back if I'm rejected for an II?
I completed around mid July and I heard by end of August for my interview invite. Holidays seem to have slowed response time I would imagine

Still haven't been marked as complete and it's been a month and a half is that normal?

Based on there 80% acceptance rate post interview and going off the class of 2024 I’d say roughly 200 interview invites.

That would be the case if 100% accepted matriculated. Probably more like 500-600.

Still haven't been marked as complete and it's been a month and a half is that normal?
I waited almost 2 months to be marked complete. RVUCOM received my application 8/5 and I was marked complete 9/28. Might have to wait longer because back-to-back holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years). Hope your application gets updated soon!

That would be the case if 100% accepted matriculated. Probably more like 500-600.
I doubt that nearly 300 people turn down an acceptance but I understand what you’re saying. They would be way over offering acceptances to the school if they offer an acceptance to 80% of 500-600 applicants. That would mean they’d be handing out about 400-500 acceptances. You’re right that’s it’s probably a bit higher than two hundred though

I doubt that nearly 300 people turn down an acceptance but I understand what you’re saying. They would be way over offering acceptances to the school if they offer an acceptance to 80% of 500-600 applicants. That would mean they’d be handing out about 400-500 acceptances. You’re right that’s it’s probably a bit higher than two hundred though
I definitely don't know the real number

JUST GOT MARKED COMPLETE!

Casper score took over a month to upload, but it's done! : D

Reactions: 1 users
I believe I have been completed since 12/08. I have not heard anything back yet, can I make this a silent rejection or should I hang tight? Looking for some guidance here.

I believe I have been completed since 12/08. I have not heard anything back yet, can I make this a silent rejection or should I hang tight? Looking for some guidance here.
I was complete early September and didn’t hear till late November for an interview. Hang tight!

Members don't see this ad :)
How conservative are they going to be with sending out APS for this interview group?

How conservative are they going to be with sending out APS for this interview group?
Seems like everyone in the last wave was APS.. so probably everyone for the next group as well. As people get accepted to other schools/ones they want to attend I’m sure there will be movement. Probably see the most movement April-May

Reactions: 3 users
Is there anyone who has not taken the MCAT but applied to RVUCOM, and applied late. I was marked completed by January 4. Is there any hope for me? I have a great stat except not having an MCAT.

Is there anyone who has not taken the MCAT but applied to RVUCOM, and applied late. I was marked completed by January 4. Is there any hope for me? I have a great stat except not having an MCAT.
If you don't have an MCAT, you need to make it up with stats and EC's, not just stats.

If you don't have an MCAT, you need to make it up with stats and EC's, not just stats.
I have clinical experience, 200 hrs of shadowing strong LOR from 2 doctors. But
I don't know if it is enough. Did they accept students without MCAT?

I have clinical experience, 200 hrs of shadowing strong LOR from 2 doctors. But
I don't know if it is enough. Did they accept students without MCAT?
Yes they do - but I'm unsure how many. I know that at AT still SOMA, I heard 2 students get accepted without MCAT, but they had outstanding Ec's/stats. MCAT is a huge because you can compare apples to apples across the board.

Don't give up hope, but I will tell you, it's going to be hard unless they truly want you based on things in your app.

Yes they do - but I'm unsure how many. I know that at AT still SOMA, I heard 2 students get accepted without MCAT, but they had outstanding Ec's/stats. MCAT is a huge because you can compare apples to apples across the board.

Don't give up hope, but I will tell you, it's going to be hard unless they truly want you based on things in your app.
I understand. thank you so much

It’s my understanding that this school is completely MCAT blind this cycle whether you have a score or not.. so it won’t be factored into consideration for interview/admission. But regardless as others have said without that you should make sure your gpa and extra curriculars are strong.

Reactions: 3 users
It’s my understanding that this school is completely MCAT blind this cycle whether you have a score or not.. so it won’t be factored into consideration for interview/admission. But regardless as others have said without that you should make sure your gpa and extra curriculars are strong.
wait.. for real? they are MCAT blind? even if you submit one?

I also don't have an MCAT, but I am taking it on Monday... What are good stats for this school?

Yes a drop down menu that they normally can see the MCAT score has been disabled. Everyone is blind to the MCAT that looks at applications at RVU.
wow - thanks for the heads up. I thought someone told me earlier this cycle when they interviewed that he thought the interviewer knew his score.

Hey gang, for the sake of me being too lazy to go back through all 32 pages, is there an official facebook group yet?

Hey gang, for the sake of me being too lazy to go back through all 32 pages, is there an official facebook group yet?
Yes. I actually believe there is a link to the page on the accepted student tab in your Vista portal

Hey guys, do you happen to know if the school is still interviewing candidates?

RVU has stated that they are not including the MCAT in the application process this year due to the pandemic. What that means is that the school is NOT pulling or looking at any MCAT scores so it does not matter if an applicants took it or not. Everyone is on equal ground. They sent an email in late Nov or early Dec saying they have had an increase in acceptances that paid the deposit so they are only accepting applicants pending space APS now. Hope this helps & Good luck!

RVU has stated that they are not including the MCAT in the application process this year due to the pandemic. What that means is that the school is NOT pulling or looking at any MCAT scores so it does not matter if an applicants took it or not. Everyone is on equal ground. They sent an email in late Nov or early Dec saying they have had an increase in acceptances that paid the deposit so they are only accepting applicants pending space APS now. Hope this helps & Good luck!
Do you think that will affect the amount of interviews that will be sent out? Complete beginning of this year.

Hey everyone who is still waiting on an interview or update. I just attended a Rocky webinar and the head of admission stated that Colorado and Utah campus will not be accepting anymore applicants for this cycle. She stated that they are full and legally can't accept more students because of limited seats. She stated that it is time to look forward on improving your application for the next cycle. She stated that they will likely be looking at MCAT for next cycle and perhaps throw out CASPer.

I feel very upset about this but I'm glad I know.

P.S. I only created an account on here to update everyone. I know its the worst news but this just means we need to apply super early next cycle and get our **** together. The competition is unreal :(

They have no access. The MCAT bar is completely disabled. But for next year, they will be looking at MCAT.

Hey everyone who is still waiting on an interview or update. I just attended a Rocky webinar and the head of admission stated that Colorado and Utah campus will not be accepting anymore applicants for this cycle. She stated that they are full and legally can't accept more students because of limited seats. She stated that it is time to look forward on improving your application for the next cycle. She stated that they will likely be looking at MCAT for next cycle and perhaps throw out CASPer.

P.S. I only created an account on here to update everyone. I know its the worst news but this just means we need to apply super early next cycle and get our **** together. The competition is unreal :(
Not even APS? Cause people interviewed in the first two weeks of Jan and the Admissions committee is supposed to be meeting today

Not even APS? Cause people interviewed in the first two weeks of Jan and the Admissions committee is supposed to be meeting today
First of all, congrats to everyone on APS! Thats an amazing place to be right now. From what I understand, unless someone doesn't make their deposits or just rejects their seat, it will go to someone on APS status. All I know is that seats are full. I think they accepted a bunch of APS just in case someone doesn't pay or reject the acceptance. They are done with interviews. APS is a good place to be. Stay positive :)

Man. Thanks for the update in here.

Yea, does anyone know when this last round of interviews is supposed to hear back? I heard they were meeting today as well... Should we expect to see changes to the portal today?

First of all, congrats to everyone on APS! Thats an amazing place to be right now. From what I understand, unless someone doesn't make their deposits or just rejects their seat, it will go to someone on APS status. All I know is that seats are full. I think they accepted a bunch of APS just in case someone doesn't pay or reject the acceptance. They are done with interviews. APS is a good place to be. Stay positive :)
And. Are they going to send out more APS for the people who last week?

Yea, does anyone know when this last round of interviews is supposed to hear back? I heard they were meeting today as well... Should we expect to see changes to the portal today?
Probably next week since they are meeting today!

if we are in the APS position, we basically have a seat whether it be this year or next year

And Are they going to send out more APS for the people who interviewed last week?
From my understanding The adcom is meeting today for the last 2 weeks and those who the adcom wants to accept may be offered APS status. So yes, people who interviewed last week may get APS status.

So those of us who were complete by the beginning of this year are all rejected because the class
Is full ? :(