2021-2022 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
seem to have just finished up giving everyone a decision.
Cries in April interview date. Still waiting for a decision of any kind šŸ˜…

Members don't see this ad.

I'm waiting on a decision from interviewing the last week of March.

Members don't see this ad :)
The latest interview date that somebody on SND reported they have been given a decision is 5/21 (at least that I could find). The last interview date Drexel had was 4/6. Furthermore, I imagine there might be people who interviewed before 5/21 who still haven't heard... My speculation for the cause of this delay is:

1: As Brian has said they are understaffed so it has taken longer than normal to process applications (most likely)
2: They have over-admitted and are waiting for people to commit before they send out any more decisions.

So (again, total speculation but why else are we here?) I bet they won't start pulling large amounts of people off the WL until after everybody who interviewed has heard back. I'm hoping this will be in the next week or two but it is impossible to say. My friend interviewed in April and was told that he wasn't interviewing for a spot on the waitlist, he was interviewing for potential acceptance. Granted, that is not a binding contract but I imagine Drexel will try their best to honor that.

On the bright side Brian said they did interviewed less people this year than they normally do due to understaffing so Drexel's post-II acceptance rate might be slightly higher?

This really is an unfortunate situation we are in and I am sorry for everybody. Please reach out if you wish to vent/ discuss.

- Anxious waitlister

Reactions: 1 users
The latest interview date that somebody on SND reported they have been given a decision is 5/21 (at least that I could find). The last interview date Drexel had was 4/6. Furthermore, I imagine there might be people who interviewed before 5/21 who still haven't heard... My speculation for the cause of this delay is:

1: As Brian has said they are understaffed so it has taken longer than normal to process applications (most likely)
2: They have over-admitted and are waiting for people to commit before they send out any more decisions.

So (again, total speculation but why else are we here?) I bet they won't start pulling large amounts of people off the WL until after everybody who interviewed has heard back. I'm hoping this will be in the next week or two but it is impossible to say. My friend interviewed in April and was told that he wasn't interviewing for a spot on the waitlist, he was interviewing for potential acceptance. Granted, that is not a binding contract but I imagine Drexel will try their best to honor that.

On the bright side Brian said they did interviewed less people this year than they normally do due to understaffing so Drexel's post-II acceptance rate might be slightly higher?

This really is an unfortunate situation we are in and I am sorry for everybody. Please reach out if you wish to vent/ discuss.

- Anxious waitlister
From one anxious waitlister to another:

I feel like there must be some shady stuff always happening in the background or else there would be more transparency. The lack of communication of something as simple as why they give out acceptances before finishing interviews gives them wiggle room to pull some funny moves in a way. Adcoms are made up of busy busy people with busy busy lives! And I wonder if thereā€™s a way to remedy that for streamlining the process. Just some cyclic thoughtsā€¦.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello! For the FBI fingerprinting, how is everybody who are not PA residents getting it done? Do i have to go all the way to Philly just to get a fingerprint?

Hello! For the FBI fingerprinting, how is everybody who are not PA residents getting it done? Do i have to go all the way to Philly just to get a fingerprint?
I emailed about this and they said that they couldnā€™t endorse places other than IdentoGo, but that other OOS people had used Field Print (Fieldprintusa.com). So Iā€™m going to try that, and it seems like their turnaround is only 3-5 days vs. 3-6 weeks. Thereā€™s also a ton of locations. The only thing is they wonā€™t do it if you say itā€™s for school, so say itā€™s for personal review. :)

• Care
Just got waitlisted from my 3/29 interview.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted this morning (9:00 AM Pacific Time), interviewed 03/21

Members don't see this ad :)
Sending good vibes for extensive waitlist movement soon y'all!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted just now. Interviewed 4/4.

This is my first acceptance. I could not be more happy and grateful for all of your support.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
I emailed about this and they said that they couldnā€™t endorse places other than IdentoGo, but that other OOS people had used Field Print (Fieldprintusa.com). So Iā€™m going to try that, and it seems like their turnaround is only 3-5 days vs. 3-6 weeks. Thereā€™s also a ton of locations. The only thing is they wonā€™t do it if you say itā€™s for school, so say itā€™s for personal review. :)
CA resident here. I used fieldprint, and Drexel accepted it. When I emailed the adcom before it was completely verified, they advised to continue with the OOS route but that sounded much more tedious lol.

• Love
If anyone is assigned to the West Reading campus today message me and Iā€™ll send you the link for the Group Me!

I am assuming WL movement starts this week? Aside from the few that heard back already

Reactions: 2 users
It was kind of hidden on mine when I got it a few months ago. It was a tab second from bottom in the Admissions Decision drop down.

fortunate to have an a to another school already but sad that their commit date is tomorrow. i was hoping to have a shot off the WL here

• Care
fortunate to have an a to another school already but sad that their commit date is tomorrow. i was hoping to have a shot off the WL here

I thought their commit date is July 9th. Atleast that's what the website says

WL, interviewed 4/4
giphy.gif

• Care
Withdrawing from here. Wishing everyone on the waitlist all the best, and good luck to the future doctors who have already been accepted!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Another day, another 12 hours refreshing SDN to see if there's any WL movement!

• Sad
it's literally almost end of June, some schools start interviewing for the new cycle soon lol. they traditionally have a lot of movement on the WL but maybe not this year

it's literally almost end of June, some schools start interviewing for the new cycle soon lol. they traditionally have a lot of movement on the WL but maybe not this year
There will most definitely be a good amount of waitlist movement, but apparently brian said it wonā€™t be until mid June because they are so backed up and short staffed

• Wow
Withdrawing from here. Wishing everyone on the waitlist all the best, and good luck to the future doctors who have already been accepted!
Were you offered and acceptance or withdrawing from the waitlist? asking for a friend

Just withdrew here after much deliberation. Praying one of u here gets an A!!!!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
There will most definitely be a good amount of waitlist movement, but apparently brian said it wonā€™t be until mid June because they are so backed up and short staffed
Bruh donā€™t give me hope LOL

• Sad
its mid-june rn :/

• Sad
I want to hold out until July for WL movement because I HAVE to start looking into housing and everything but it's so stressful. Hopefully there will be some movement next week :confused:

• Sad
Did they even finish releasing decisions to late April interviewees yet? Last post I saw was someone who interviewed on 4/4 and I thought they interviewed all the way into the last week of April.