2022-2023 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear back from early March interview yet? šŸ˜­

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone hear back from early March interview yet? šŸ˜­
It seems like they only sent out the results for those who interviewed at the end of February and not the beginning of March. I wouldā€™ve thought that they would have sent out the decisions of that interview cohort during this week as theyā€™re all within the same week (2/27-3/3). My guess is that a decision will be made for you and those who interviewed in early March sometime next week, but weā€™ll see what happens.

Congrats to all the people with acceptances! I'm a current DUCOM student looking to sublet my place for the month of June/July. If you are interested please DM me (women only)

Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed late march, when do you guys suspect we hear back?
Also interviewed in late March. Based off of the recent release of decisions, it seems like we may hear back in early June since they still need to release the decisions for those who interviewed in early-mid March.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't want to give anyone false hope so please take this with a grain of salt but the accepted students Facebook group is currently at 193 members. That includes 6 admins so that implies only 187 students. I'm sure some people aren't on Facebook or didn't join the group but it doesn't look like the 303 student class is that close to being filled.

Reactions: 2 users
Had an interview on 1/25 and during the interview was told that weā€™d receive an answer by the last week of March, maybe first week in April if that at the very latest and that if we didnā€™t hear by then to reach out to them. On April 10 I reached out as suggested by our interviewer to make sure no correspondence had been lost on my part and received the following email:

Thank you for reaching out!
I promise we're working hard behind the scenes to get you a response as soon as possible. I know the wait is anxiety-provoking, but we're running a little behind in the process. I'll see what I can do to push you through a little faster, no promises but I will try.
If you have any other questions, I am happy to help!

I waited again until just yesterday when I sent another email explaining my situation now that Iā€™m almost 17 weeks from my interview and almost two months from the expected decision date without any contact and received the following response today:

Unfortunately, I have the same answer for you as before. When there is an update to your application status, you will receive an email from us.

Just wanted to share this update with folks in case youā€™re in a situation like my own and seeing folks who interviewed after your group getting decisions before you do, apparently they arenā€™t going in a strict order, or maybe theyā€™re choosing to not release all of their decisions right away? Not sure whatā€™s happening šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Reactions: 5 users
Had an interview on 1/25 and during the interview was told that weā€™d receive an answer by the last week of March, maybe first week in April if that at the very latest and that if we didnā€™t hear by then to reach out to them. On April 10 I reached out as suggested by our interviewer to make sure no correspondence had been lost on my part and received the following email:

Thank you for reaching out!
I promise we're working hard behind the scenes to get you a response as soon as possible. I know the wait is anxiety-provoking, but we're running a little behind in the process. I'll see what I can do to push you through a little faster, no promises but I will try.
If you have any other questions, I am happy to help!

I waited again until just yesterday when I sent another email explaining my situation now that Iā€™m almost 17 weeks from my interview and almost two months from the expected decision date without any contact and received the following response today:

Unfortunately, I have the same answer for you as before. When there is an update to your application status, you will receive an email from us.

Just wanted to share this update with folks in case youā€™re in a situation like my own and seeing folks who interviewed after your group getting decisions before you do, apparently they arenā€™t going in a strict order, or maybe theyā€™re choosing to not release all of their decisions right away? Not sure whatā€™s happening šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
I interviewed 02/08 and I still havenā€™t heard anything either. Also not sure whatā€™s happening lol

Reactions: 1 users
Past few weeks it's mainly been decisions on Tues and wednesday

Members don't see this ad :)
Soooā€¦. This school gonna release decision for march interviewers or what?ā€¦.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
I asked adcom. I think next one will be some time between now and end of next week.
Did they say that or just imply it? thought it was supposed to be within 2 weeks bc that's when they want you to PTE/CTE but still nothing.

Did they say that or just imply it? thought it was supposed to be within 2 weeks bc that's when they want you to PTE/CTE but still nothing.

Yeah I talked to 2 separate person, they both gave me the same approximate timeline: some time this week or next (more likely). I am not sure PTE/CTE matters for campus assignment, but I do believe you need to at least accept on portal, pay deposit, put in preference

Yeah I talked to 2 separate person, they both gave me the same approximate timeline: some time this week or next (more likely). I am not sure PTE/CTE matters for campus assignment, but I do believe you need to at least accept on portal, pay deposit, put in preference
Gotcha, thanks. They said that accepted students should PTE or CTE within 2 weeks, but assuming one's decision to attend will be heavily dependent on campus assignment. Did they happen to mention the likelihood of getting assigned to one or the other at this point?

Gotcha, thanks. They said that accepted students should PTE or CTE within 2 weeks, but assuming one's decision to attend will be heavily dependent on campus assignment. Did they happen to mention the likelihood of getting assigned to one or the other at this point?

I also asked that, but they donā€™t have more info on the likelihood. I think the last lottery was a month ago, and given that some Feb and all March interviewees havenā€™t heard, I think itā€™s unlikely either place is filled

has there ever been a week with no decision???

IMG_1537.gif

Maybe this gift can help them release their decisions

Reactions: 9 users
Trying so hard to be patient but I am coming up on 16 weeks since my interview with no decision... Not sure if it would be worth it to send an email asking about my decision as I saw that other people have emailed to ask but without any benefit. Checking my email every hour has started to wear me down, so I am not sure what to do at this point :help:

Trying so hard to be patient but I am coming up on 16 weeks since my interview with no decision... Not sure if it would be worth it to send an email asking about my decision as I saw that other people have emailed to ask but without any benefit. Checking my email every hour has started to wear me down, so I am not sure what to do at this point :help:
I have all the schools set as VIP's on my phone so i get banner notifications if they email me. Honestly doesn't make a difference i still refresh my inbox 24/7 but maybe it'll work for you!

• Care
I have all the schools set as VIP's on my phone so i get banner notifications if they email me. Honestly doesn't make a difference i still refresh my inbox 24/7 but maybe it'll work for you!
Yeah I would end up doing the same thing lol

After 17 weeks without a single word from Drexel I finally got an email just nowā€¦ šŸ„šŸ„šŸ„

Deferred šŸ˜‚

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
As one of the deferred, I am so sorry

After 17 weeks without a single word from Drexel I finally got an email just nowā€¦ šŸ„šŸ„šŸ„

Deferred šŸ˜‚
Love how they are still deferring people. Just say waitlist lol

Iā€™m going to start a game of hangman to hopefully make the post-II decision waiting time less stressful.

=ā€”ā€”ā€”
| |
|
|
|
|
=========

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

The word better not be Rejection!! Lol
No that would horrible! šŸ˜‚

But Iā€™m counting that as a guess
=ā€”ā€”ā€”
| |||||||||| |
| |||||||| O
|
|
|
=========

R _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Last edited:
Can someone link me to the group me? Also how long did you guys have to wait after acceptance for your amcas to show the plan to enroll tool. This is my first A and it hasnā€™t shown up yet.

Also how long did you guys wait until you got your campus assignment?

I just got the A as well!!!! Are there current med students lurking right now? I wanna know if I can rely on public transportations to get to clinical rotations at hospitals?

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to everyone who got an A today!!! When did you guys have your interviews?