2021-2022 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I mean this is just wild

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Did they even finish releasing decisions to late April interviewees yet? Last post I saw was someone who interviewed on 4/4 and I thought they interviewed all the way into the last week of April.
This year the last date of interview is April/6. Last week my son was waitlisted. I hope it will move soon

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I mean this is just wild
Seriously! They have been screwing around all cycle, do you really expect them to get it together now, and does it even matter any more?

If and when they have vacancies, they will make calls. And if anyone receiving a call is not interested, they will just move on to the next person. They have already shown they don't care about the inconvenience this imposes on people so late in the cycle.

If it helps, WL movement has pretty much ground to a halt at most schools that have their s#!t together. This will inevitably mean there will be limited opportunities for movement at the few remaining schools, like Drexel, that are lagging, so people stressing about receiving last minute calls in July are probably mostly stressing about nothing, especially if they are still not done releasing decisions from April interviews.

Edit -- if they are done releasing decisions and there hasn't been WL movement in a few weeks, it has most likely ground to a halt here as well. The fact that they were still releasing initial As in June probably took away from what would have otherwise been WL movement.

Based on the Facebook Page and the Groupme I would say there are still spots available! Some people also wait until the last possible minute to drop their multiple acceptances. Drexel asks you to fully commit to their school by July 9th. There won't be many spots left but I still think there will be some movement. Who knows when? Good luck to all on the waitlist! I know that feeling from last year and it sucks

I think we are all just making too many assumptions to make ourselves feel better 😂

• Care
Tbh this whole thing has kinda put a bad taste in my mouth about Drexel overall. If this is how they are running things from day 1, what will it be like as an M3 or M4 trying to schedule rotations (since they don’t have their own hospital). Maybe im wrong and it doesnt correlate at all to how it actually is as a student there. But from what I’ve seen in how they treat potential students, I’m not super impressed.

Based on the Facebook Page and the Groupme I would say there are still spots available! Some people also wait until the last possible minute to drop their multiple acceptances. Drexel asks you to fully commit to their school by July 9th. There won't be many spots left but I still think there will be some movement. Who knows when? Good luck to all on the waitlist! I know that feeling from last year and it sucks
True, but, for most people, that date was May 2nd! For many others, it was around a week after they received a call off a WL. And, for a select few, it is indefinitely, if their school(s) don't force them to make a selection. Drexel is NOT one of those schools.

So, sure, if someone is PTE at Drexel and has an A at a school that does not require PTE/CTE before orientation, what you are suggesting might result in WL movement after Drexel's CTE date. Anything is possible, and I'm sure Drexel will have a few remaining spots to fill before classes begin. Given how many people are on the WL, however, it's just not worth counting on at this point in the cycle.

I just got off the WL—my first A! Interviewed 3/14, WL'ed 5/23. Over the moon right now!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
I just got off the WL—my first A! Interviewed 3/14, WL'ed 5/23. Over the moon right now!
My son was off WL. Interview 4/6 and waitlisted last week June 14.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just got off the WL as well my first A🥲

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just gotta be a bit more patient, more coming for the rest of us 🙏🏽

Anyone get a waitlist follow up email today?

Reactions: 8 users
For those who were accepted from the waitlist, if you don't mind me asking, did you receive a call or an email? Also huge congrats !!

What did it say?
"I hope this email finds you well.

Recognizing this can be a hectic time of the year and plans can change quickly, I am following up to see if you are interested in remaining on our waitlist.

If you are interested in remaining on our waitlist and have indicated your decision on our admissions portal, you do not have to take any action.

If you are not interested in remaining on our waitlist, you may decline your waitlist spot on our admission portal, or you may respond to this email and let me know.

Our waitlist is very dynamic. If you would like to share new information with us, feel free to submit updates to your application via the portal.

All the best,

Cheryl A. Hanau, M.D."

Reactions: 1 user

Recognizing this can be a hectic time of the year and plans can change quickly, I am following up to see if you are interested in remaining on our waitlist.

If you are interested in remaining on our waitlist and have indicated your decision on our admissions portal, you do not have to take any action.

If you are not interested in remaining on our waitlist, you may decline your waitlist spot on our admission portal, or you may respond to this email and let me know.

Our waitlist is very dynamic. If you would like to share new information with us, feel free to submit updates to your application via the portal.

All the best,

Cheryl A. Hanau, M.D."
Did you already indicate on the portal prior to that email? Or maybe they are sending this email to this who are most likely to be accepted next

Did you already indicate on the portal prior to that email? Or maybe they are sending this email to this who are most likely to be accepted next
I indicated prior. I wouldn’t let this stress you out. Maybe another member is responsible in sending you and others the email and just didn’t get around to it yet (maybe it’s by last name). I imagine they want everyone to fill it out, so they can dial in. Anyways, I wish everyone luck and congrats to the acceptances as well!

I hope thats true lol. I did already indicate way back when I was first waitlisted.

All the best,

Cheryl A. Hanau, M.D."

This was such a troll. Imagine, you haven't heard from Drexel after being waitlisted 6 months ago --> you see the first people to get off the WL --> you get an email from Drexel --> Nope, not an acceptance, just a "do nothing and wait more".

I am sure I'm not the only one that's heart rate increased after seeing the email notif

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
This was such a troll. Imagine, you haven't heard from Drexel after being waitlisted 6 months ago --> you see the first people to get off the WL --> you get an email from Drexel --> Nope, not an acceptance, just a "do nothing and wait more".

I am sure I'm not the only one that's heart rate increased after seeing the email notif
Oh my god I felt like I was going to throw up LMAO

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone who was accepted of the WL send in updates after they were originally waitlisted?

I indicated prior. I wouldn’t let this stress you out. Maybe another member is responsible in sending you and others the email and just didn’t get around to it yet (maybe it’s by last name). I imagine they want everyone to fill it out, so they can dial in. Anyways, I wish everyone luck and congrats to the acceptances as well!
You’re right. Just got it now

A resident I was talking to recently mentioned that he had started at PCOM and two weeks into the school year, he got off the waitlist at Drexel.... didn't end up making the switch because of the hassle and friendships/mentors he had already made in that time, but goes to show how late that WL movement can go.

• Wow
  • Haha
Did you all get that waitlist email again? It seems like they are getting an accurate waitlist together to make some calls? Hopefully :xf:

Did you all get that waitlist email again? It seems like they are getting an accurate waitlist together to make some calls? Hopefully :xf:
Are you saying you got the email two days in a row?

I got off the waitlist during the same 2pm wave two days ago too!! (Tuesday) feeling so grateful and also thankful for sdn help this past year!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know what the success rate of deferral requests is for Drexel?
As with every other school, I'm 100% sure it depends on the reason. :)

If you were just recently accepted as part of their last minute scramble to fill their class, you probably weren't at the top of their list, and they probably won't be falling over themselves to give you a spot in next year's class before they have seen any applicants. But, if your reason is compelling enough, I'm sure they'd grant your request.

General numbers will tell you nothing, and it costs you nothing to ask. Good luck!!

Just got the A!!! Got the follow up waitlist email on 6/21 and got accepted at 11:41 am EST today! Just made my account today to say thank you to SDN, it's been a long and anxious ride. I was assigned to the West Reading campus so if anyone who got assigned there wants to text, let me know!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
I wonder how much more movement they will have. also seems like everyone they are taking now hasn't PTEd elsewhere and interviewed more recently

are those getting off the WL all for reading campus? Or some at the main

I wonder how much more movement they will have. also seems like everyone they are taking now hasn't PTEd elsewhere and interviewed more recently
I hope this isn't true! Very grateful to have just gotten off the WL at another school but Drexel is a higher pick for me. And there could be a student on Drexel's WL that would prefer my place right?....tell me that doesn't sound too crazy for schools to pick from their WL "blindly" (meaning perhaps students even PTEd elsewhere)

I hope this isn't true! Very grateful to have just gotten off the WL at another school but Drexel is a higher pick for me. And there could be a student on Drexel's WL that would prefer my place right?....tell me that doesn't sound too crazy for schools to pick from their WL "blindly" (meaning perhaps students even PTEd elsewhere)
You're absolutely right, I just got off the waitlist today and am extremely grateful as it is my only acceptance so far, but currently on the WL for two other schools, both of which I would rank higher than Drexel and would accept if taken off the WL.

Last edited:
You're absolutely right, I just got off the waitlist today and am extremely grateful as it is my only acceptance so far, but currently on the WL for two other schools, both of which I would rank higher than Drexel and would accept if taken off the WL.
Schools are you listening 👂👀

Schools are you listening 👂👀
I'm not sure what you are expecting, but schools like Drexel that don't care enough to fit their admissions cycle into a normal time frame (releasing decisions from October-March, and then beginning WL in April/May) are NOT listening, and probably do not care about the impact super late WL movement has on applicants. They only care about filling their classes.

Consistent with this, while most schools probably just chose the highest ranked applicants when WL movement began in mid-April, by late June, likelihood to just accept the offer with no fuss becomes a big factor.

That means no other acceptances, no need to negotiate fin aid, etc. It's not surprising that everyone receiving As in the past few weeks were not PTE elsewhere. Given this, it is unlikely that many people recently called off the WL will be giving up the spot, and that makes significant additional WL movement unlikely. Which is exactly where the adcom needs to be, given how late in the cycle it is.

TLDR - no, schools are not listening. The schools that care did not run interviews into April, or wait until June to release their final admission decisions or begin serious WL movement.

For any of you that are still hanging out on the WL do you think that a majority of movement will happen before July 9th or after? I feel like I can only reasonably hold out until the first week of July before I'll have to start making arrangements for the school I'm already accepted to even though Drexel is definitely where I would prefer to go.

For any of you that are still hanging out on the WL do you think that a majority of movement will happen before July 9th or after? I feel like I can only reasonably hold out until the first week of July before I'll have to start making arrangements for the school I'm already accepted to even though Drexel is definitely where I would prefer to go.
Drexel is atypical because they run so behind, so anything is technically possible with them. I have been watching this for several years, and can tell you that CTE deadlines come and go with a big thud at all schools. There is nothing magic about them that causes a lot of WL movement, anywhere.

People who are PTE but not CTE are people like you. They are holding out until the last minute, hoping for an upgrade, just like you. All that will happen on 7/9 is that the remaining PTE people will flip to CTE when nothing happens with their WLs at the schools they are waiting for.

I think you just saw the majority of WL movement at Drexel last week. It's the same movement that most other schools experienced during the first 2 weeks of May.

Additional movement will be caused by people giving up their spots. There was plenty of that at other schools 2 months ago, as many other schools also had WL activity, which is what caused subsequent waves of WL movement at lots of schools. Drexel probably lost plenty of people during this period, which is what caused the vacancies that were filled by the As, and then WL movement, since the middle of May.

The question on 6/25 is, where is the movement going to come from between now and 7/9 that is going to cause people to give up their spots at Drexel? How many "better" schools are still calling people, and how many people sitting on a Drexel A have at least one more?