2022-2023 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed march 8

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I just got the A as well!!!! Are there current med students lurking right now? I wanna know if I can rely on public transportations to get to clinical rotations at hospitals?
Not reliably; at both campuses you will need a car even though you can technically get by pre-clinical years without one in Philly. A lot of students need to organize around carpooling to get to opportunities that are harder to reach by public transportation, and you don't know where you will be placed for the lottery-based rotations. The rotation sites (here) can be even as far as in a different state (even west coast) and most hospitals in the lottery for Philly students are not in Philly itself. You may not even be in a year-long site so may need to move around every block for your rotations. If you live near the West Reading campus as a WR student, you can walk to the hospital for rotations as well (10-15 min walk from campus or via shuttle from school), though you'll need a car for general living as a WR student.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know the likelihood to get Philly campus at this point?? Like how full is Philly versus west reading

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats all!
I called recently, and next campus lottery is within a week or so but I’m unsure if acceptances today will be included. I asked about likelihood of being assigned Philly as well but they don’t have estimates.

There is actually a GroupMe, I’m hesitant to post link here but the link is somewhere in the Facebook group in a comment of a post!

Reactions: 1 user
To those accepted, when exactly do we have to commit to enroll by? I’ve already PTE’d at Drexel but was hoping to hear back from WL’s

Not reliably; at both campuses you will need a car even though you can technically get by pre-clinical years without one in Philly. A lot of students need to organize around carpooling to get to opportunities that are harder to reach by public transportation, and you don't know where you will be placed for the lottery-based rotations. The rotation sites (here) can be even as far as in a different state (even west coast) and most hospitals in the lottery for Philly students are not in Philly itself. You may not even be in a year-long site so may need to move around every block for your rotations. If you live near the West Reading campus as a WR student, you can walk to the hospital for rotations as well (10-15 min walk from campus or via shuttle from school), though you'll need a car for general living as a WR student.
Thank you for the information. Do you know which sites are not year-long? I was hoping to avoid shuffling around rotation to rotation for the third year!

Congrats all!
I called recently, and next campus lottery is within a week or so but I’m unsure if acceptances today will be included. I asked about likelihood of being assigned Philly as well but they don’t have estimates.

There is actually a GroupMe, I’m hesitant to post link here but the link is somewhere in the Facebook group in a comment of a post!
I would guess that the new admits who accept the offer and pay the deposit quickly will be included in the lotto and I think that's why they've been waiting to do it. Pretty sure anyone who gets accepted after June 1 is supposed to get their campus assignment immediately but judging by how delayed they've been this cycle that may not be the case.

Just withdrew, I hope it goes to one of you 🍀🍀🤞🏽

Any current med school students I am PM questions to? Also is there an accepted students fb group or group chat one can join???

Thank you for the information. Do you know which sites are not year-long? I was hoping to avoid shuffling around rotation to rotation for the third year!
the only non-year-long option is staying in Philly and rotating at various hospitals/clinics around the city but you can choose to go to a year-long site at Crozer Medical Center which is in south Philly

the only non-year-long option is staying in Philly and rotating at various hospitals/clinics around the city but you can choose to go to a year-long site at Crozer Medical Center which is in south Philly
Ahhhh thank you! That makes me feel better, haha. I was worried I might have to drive around from Harrisburg to York to Reading or something, haha. Now I just need that Philly campus assignment...!! 🙏I'm already thinking of moving directly above Angelo's.

Are students able to rely on public transportation to get to the sites in Philly for the non year long option?

Are students able to rely on public transportation to get to the sites in Philly for the non year long option?
I probably wouldn't recommend it because 1. public transportation might not be super reliable depending on how far you have to travel and 2. the time it would take to get to your rotation site via public transportation may not be super reliable. I think the majority of Philly rotating students have a car that they use to get to their clinical sites.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed in November, deferred in December, accepted today

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Quick question regarding the sending of final undergrad transcripts pre matriculation. Will ducom accept the transcript if it's sent to me first and I email it to them, or is this one of those it has to be sent straight to them or its invalid

Quick question regarding the sending of final undergrad transcripts pre matriculation. Will ducom accept the transcript if it's sent to me first and I email it to them, or is this one of those it has to be sent straight to them or its invalid
Pretty sure every school will have the same policy. no middleman. Straight from your school to them.

Does anyone know when the school starts? Have been trying to find the calendar but couldnt find it :/

So... are deferred people considered waitlisted now? also do waitlisted/deferred people get rejections based off of previous years? or do we just remain in this status until the cycle is over over :unsure:

So... are deferred people considered waitlisted now? also do waitlisted/deferred people get rejections based off of previous years? or do we just remain in this status until the cycle is over over :unsure:
I believe that they would send an official waitlist email to notify you of your current status. Around this time last year, they had begun to put people on the waitlist instead of deferring them.

Interviewed in August —> deferred in October—> Accepted today (will be withdrawing). Best of luck to the rest of you

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed November, deferred January, accepted today! See you there!

Reactions: 6 users
IS interview on 11/7 --> deferred on 12/2 --> accepted 5/31!! this is my first acceptance, im shaking! genuinely the best day of my life! good luck and don't lose hope, there's still time!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
1. Congrats to all the deferred acceptances yesterday!
2. Anyone know how soon after acceptance we get assigned our campus

1. Congrats to all the deferred acceptances yesterday!
2. Anyone know how soon after acceptance we get assigned our campus

Someone in GroupMe said by next Wednesday. I guess next batch is coming soon

Any recent news for those waiting for a post-II decision?

Heard from a current students the ADCOM is working very hard to get decisions out in the next couple weeks, and that now that the school year is over for DUCOM we should hear shortly

Also I guess only people who had been deferred heard the other day? Personally have not heard anything post-II, mid March

Reactions: 3 users