2021-2022 Florida State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
How are people differentiating between these two prompts?
1. How do you feel you will contribute to the success of the FSUCOM and our unique mission?
2. Write a short statement describing how you envision using the specialty/ies you listed above to advance our mission.

I feel like my answers are both going to be exactly the same. I want to be a primary care doctor catering to the underserved in my city in FL. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone else still getting an error message when they try to pay?

Just got complete email. Waiting for email to pay

How much did you guys write for the "additional questions". Should I treat these as more essays or just answer the question bluntly?

Just received complete email. I wish they told us if we were missing anything or if our letters was proper.

How much did you all type for this questions. "Write a short statement describing how you envision using the specialty/ies you listed above to advance our mission." The fact that they said short makes me think they are not looking for another 500 word essay lol

Went silent for a bit, got really really stuck on like 2 questions. Just submitted. Feeling super relieved to be done with this.

Went silent for a bit, got really really stuck on like 2 questions. Just submitted. Feeling super relieved to be done with this.
Easiest out of the FL schools. Sitting on nova and UM. Every time I open my laptop I close it

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How much did you all type for this questions. "Write a short statement describing how you envision using the specialty/ies you listed above to advance our mission." The fact that they said short makes me think they are not looking for another 500 word essay lol
remember where you are applying to... FSU LOVES serving the underserved. I explained that i was interested in nephrology and then pulled up a quick research article that showed there was an 18% increase in the rates of chronic kidney disease among low socioeconomic status patients. Talk about how you serving in this field could mitigate that number. This is incredibly generalizable as well. U like the heart, look up heart disease. lungs? COPD. It literally exists in every specialty and is really what they are looking for. (I think at least)

Easiest out of the FL schools. Sitting on nova and UM. Every time I open my laptop I close it
Nova was easy after I did FSU first. UM I didn't think was too bad. UF's is BS, decided not even gonna do it because I don't really wanna go there anyway. Sitting on FAU's.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have advice on how to answer this question? I have been stumped on this question for a while now.

- "What do you feel are your personal and scholastic qualifications for the study of medicine? Optional"

Thanks in advance!

did you all answer all of the optional questions? i am running out of content to discuss and am considering leaving one unanswered for fear of redundancy in my responses, but i also don't want to come across as lazy...

did you all answer all of the optional questions? i am running out of content to discuss and am considering leaving one unanswered for fear of redundancy in my responses, but i also don't want to come across as lazy...
I didn’t answer one optional essay cause it just simply wouldn’t have added anything new/been too redundant.

Complete email today
This is what I'm waiting on, I got the email to pay yesterday and I did it right away. I think I have everything in, but I won't be completely sure until I get this email. How long from when you paid did you get this email?

I believe it stated that they won’t be contacting you if anything is missing and it’s our responsibility to make sure everything is in so there might not be a complete email after the payment, I am part of the FAP program and didn’t receive any “complete email” but I got the email stating that I was covered for the fee 🙏

I believe it stated that they won’t be contacting you if anything is missing and it’s our responsibility to make sure everything is in so there might not be a complete email after the payment, I am part of the FAP program and didn’t receive any “complete email” but I got the email stating that I was covered for the fee 🙏
So I paid yesterday, around 12pm. Today, I received the complete email - no further action needed - at 9am. So now I wait for the II hopefully.

Can someone help me out: everytime I enter the emplid on the guest fee payment page, I get a pop up saying “no payment available.” I’ve emailed med admissions and they said they fixed the problem but clearly they did not.

should I just email, or call, again?

Can someone help me out: everytime I enter the emplid on the guest fee payment page, I get a pop up saying “no payment available.” I’ve emailed med admissions and they said they fixed the problem but clearly they did not.

should I just email, or call, again?
i would shoot them an email

So I paid yesterday, around 12pm. Today, I received the complete email - no further action needed - at 9am. So now I wait for the II hopefully.
hmm i paid yesterday around 11 am and haven't received a complete email... i don't think i'm missing anything but should i be concerned that i haven't gotten a complete email yet?

Summary of emails so far..

7/20: email invite to complete secondary applications
——7/28: day I submitted application——
7/29: thank you email for submitting application
8/4: email with link to pay $30 application fee
8/4: email with payment receipt
8/9: email stating application is complete, no further action required. Will get an interview or not hear from school until end of cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have advice on how to answer this question? I have been stumped on this question for a while now.

- "What do you feel are your personal and scholastic qualifications for the study of medicine? Optional"

Thanks in advance!
+1, curious how everyone responded.

Any idea when interview invites start going out? Or if anyone has gotten one already!

Any idea when interview invites start going out? Or if anyone has gotten one already!
I don't even think ED applicants have gotten II's yet. I doubt Regular applicants will hear until late September to mid October at the earliest, but I could be wrong.

I'm ED. Complete email on the 11th. Haven't gotten an II yet, but not super stressed. Might go lurk on last year's forum to see when IIs went out.

Talked to admissions last week and they had not started reviewing apps yet.

Reactions: 3 users
I wrote about the courses I have taken in college including prerequisites but focusing on upper level science courses and classes directly related to medicine like anatomy. I focused on how I have good study techniques for handling science/medical related courses which will prepare me for being successful in future courses. For personal qualifications,
I mainly wrote about my enjoyment for working in the medical field and patient care interaction. Most of this question is really answered with primary application and personal statement but figured they just wanted to hear why I think I am qualified to attend and be successful in medical school.
Not sure if this is exactly what they want but hopefully it gives you some ideas and helps out a little.

First person to post about II last year came on August 24th

I took it the other direction. I briefly talked about my academic aspect of my application, but then I really focused on how my experiences in my extracurriculars related to my qualifications. I talked about group work and leadership and how I learned that from different activities etc. I think this is a purposefully obscure question, and I almost wonder if they arent looking for the specific content of your answer, but how you would chose to answer a question like this.

Just wanted to share
Regular MD admission
Secondary submitted on 7/29 (Secondary app complete email received right away )
Fee paid on 8/3
an email for application completion received 8/18

It looks like it takes 3 weeks to get it completed..

Last edited:
Just wanted to share
Regular MD admission
Secondary submitted on 7/29 (Secondary app complete email received right away )
Fee paid on 8/3
an email for application completion received 8/18

It looks like it takes 3 weeks to get it completed..
Just got my complete email yesterday as well. I submitted 07/25, paid 08/02.

Does this school pre-screen? Application processed Aug 18, secondary received later the same day. Will be submitting this weekend. Hope I’m not too late. Also a fee assistance recipient

Does this school pre-screen? Application processed Aug 18, secondary received later the same day. Will be submitting this weekend. Hope I’m not too late. Also a fee assistance recipient
FSU doesn’t prescreen any applications, school sends secondary app to everyone who applies. Certainly not submitting too late, we haven’t even made it past deadline for early decision applications yet.

This is probably a dumb question but they would contact us about an interview through email, correct? I saw they said they would not contact you by phone so I just wanted to make sure!

Who else is at the edge of their seat waiting for ii to go out for ED 😭😂😂

Who else is at the edge of their seat waiting for ii to go out for ED 😭😂😂
Me for sure, I think it should be sent out this week. Last year only 11 people applied ed, which I think is good news.