2021-2022 Hackensack Meridian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How would you interpret that 10/63 students went into preliminary positions? Would it be likely that these 10 students had to SOAP into these preliminary positions?
I wouldn't say that is true. Some students go into prelim positions because they have an advanced waiting for them (anesthesia for example). But then again, some anestheisa programs are categorical, and therefore there is no need for a prelim.

I don't think you can draw conclusions from the amount of prelims based on the way the school wrote the document.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are interviews done for this cycle? I have gotten radio silence and I'd rather be rejected at this point lol

Reactions: 1 users
Are interviews done for this cycle? I have gotten radio silence and I'd rather be rejected at this point lol
You can call the admissions office if you want they are very helpful. When I called them last they said the cycle was not done but you can always ask for yourself.

Hey Everyone!! I got this idea from the Drexel SDN page. I have copied over a spreadsheet where we can enter when our interviews were and when we heard different decisions. This will help people know if their date has been looked at yet and give everyone a sense of how everybody else is doing.

Withdrew my acceptance. Hope it goes to another deserving candidate :)

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know if financial aid has been distributed / merit aid?

Hey Everyone!! I got this idea from the Drexel SDN page. I have copied over a spreadsheet where we can enter when our interviews were and when we heard different decisions. This will help people know if their date has been looked at yet and give everyone a sense of how everybody else is doing.

I tried clicking on it, but it won't let me input anything. Might need to allow editing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they will have an accepted students day? Not just the regular campus tours? ty

Got an answer just now:

Dear [applicant],

Thank you for your interest in Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine. At this moment, we have not yet closed the Admissions cycle and there is a possibility that more interviews may become available. As we continue to consider your application, we ask that you keep your contact information up to date via AAMC. If we require any additional information, we will contact you.

Thank you and best of luck.

Reactions: 3 users
Got an answer just now:

Dear [applicant],

Thank you for your interest in Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine. At this moment, we have not yet closed the Admissions cycle and there is a possibility that more interviews may become available. As we continue to consider your application, we ask that you keep your contact information up to date via AAMC. If we require any additional information, we will contact you.

Thank you and best of luck.
i haven't gotten an email from them since first phase complete. they said in that email that the second phase process would be complete within 3-6 weeks. its been over 4 months. I emailed and no response. Probably an R at this point

Has anyone gotten a rejection from them? Specifically pre-ii.

Anybody get pulled from WL yet? I called today and the person said they started but I think she capping.

• Haha
Are they done with II? I haven't heard anything post-secondary.

Anybody get pulled from WL yet? I called today and the person said they started but I think she capping.
I interviewed mid-March, and I haven’t heard about from it. So I doubt they pull from WL before they finish with interview decisions

Did you ask if the rank their WL? Because that would be awesome info to know. I think they are going to be pulling from the wl and interviews at the same time. I can see then trying to get a lot of movement if people keep on declining As.

Did you ask if the rank their WL? Because that would be awesome info to know. I think they are going to be pulling from the wl and interviews at the same time. I can see then trying to get a lot of movement if people keep on declining As.
Bingo.

I didnt ask that although I should have. She did tell me though that last year there were 90 people accepted off the waitlist. Not sure if this means 90 offers or 90 people who attended from the wl. She stated there are 100 people on the waitlist this year as of right now

I didnt ask that although I should have. She did tell me though that last year there were 90 people accepted off the waitlist. Not sure if this means 90 offers or 90 people who attended from the wl. She stated there are 100 people on the waitlist this year as of right now
That's useful info. Wish MSAR had info like that!

Thank you so much for gathering up all this info and sharing it. That number makes me think at least some people are getting post II Rs and just not reporting them. I would assume they have interviewed and not given A's to more than 100 people.

Does anyone know how strict Hackensack Meridian is regarding their LOR requirement? I just found out that the website says that "All Letters of Recommendation must be no later than 1 year from your application date." One of my letter is from last year and I was wondering if anyone has asked for an exception.

Does anyone know if there is a way to check if the school received our FAFSA?

Does anyone know if there is a way to check if the school received our FAFSA?
I am pretty sure it's an online system. If your SAR lists the school, the school received it. Now, whether the school is on top of things and actually did anything with it is another story, but it's not like Federal Student Aid sends them out in the mail and there is a question regarding whether a SAR got lost in the mail. :)

You can always call the school and ask if there is any doubt, but I never had an issue at UG after Federal Student Aid showed the SAR as being processed.

Received full-ride scholarship yesterday night. That means they started to release financial aid packages.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know what the deadline is to commit to enroll for HMSOM? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Does anyone know how the accepted students day sessions are going to work? They're scheduled from Mon - Fri. Do we just attend one of those days? Ty

I interviewed early Feb and I still haven't heard back. Is anyone else also still waiting?
From what I have seen is that people who have heard back about early feb, have been waitlisted. So maybe really good news for you soon?

• Wow
Received full-ride scholarship yesterday night. That means they started to release financial aid packages.
Congrats thats amazing!!! How were you notified that you received this scholarship, was it over email? Hoping to received a similar communication soon lol

Received full ride merit scholarship earlier today by email ! Amazing. Seems like these are trickling out.

Reactions: 4 users
I got a pre-II hold in late October, but silence since. Does anyone know if they are still interviewing?

I got a pre-II hold in late October, but silence since. Does anyone know if they are still interviewing?
In theory they could be conducting interviews but I'd assume that they've sent out all of their invites. Can't hurt to ask them though, and it seems that they've been pretty responsive to communication.