2022-2023 Hackensack Meridian

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks!!!!!! Does anybody know if the financial aid packages will come before you put the deposit down or only after? Wondering if there is any value to playing coy for a few days (as if I didn’t already send an extremely desperate loi lmao)
 
Anyone have any idea of whether there will likely be a lot of waitlist movement for this school, or if its "over"? This is a longshot, but does anyone also know how many people are actually on the WL rn? Just trying to figure out if I should be holding out hope or not.
 
Anyone have any idea of whether there will likely be a lot of waitlist movement for this school, or if its "over"? This is a longshot, but does anyone also know how many people are actually on the WL rn? Just trying to figure out if I should be holding out hope or not.
People are leaving the accepted group steadily, hold strong. I think a lot of people are waiting for waitlists at other schools
 
FYI my tour guide got in in mid June. This school runs so late in the cycle. It ain't over till it's over.
I might be wrong but isn't there CTE deadline by June 1st? If so, how could you get accepted after that since someone would have to break CTE contract or whatever it is
 
Wait thats crazy lol. I think that might've been an anomaly tho, pretty sure they're done interviewing by now
Yeah but some people haven’t gotten rejected yet pre II. I think because they’re a newer school a lot of people take other options over them. So especially in years past they had trouble with people dropping out last second for other options. That’s probably why they’re keeping the option open of more interviews/going back to people who haven’t gotten a post interview decision yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anybody get an additional scholarship after their first financial aid offer?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
addtext_com_MDkzNjAyMTg0MTU.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you have an offer from another school to negotiate with?
Yes, I had a ~1/2 tuition scholarship at a school of similar ranking as Hackensack but Hackensack never offered me any scholarship money so I have a feeling they were just willing to let me walk away. If they really wanted someone, they might negotiate but that's just a guess on my part
 
Has anyone who’s gotten off the waitlist recently been contacted for a financial aid package? I love everything about this school except for the 100k a year. Would love if that went down a notch 😭
Seconded (haven’t gotten it yet and am desperately thirsting) but it’s my only A so I’m locked in
 
Yes, I had a ~1/2 tuition scholarship at a school of similar ranking as Hackensack but Hackensack never offered me any scholarship money so I have a feeling they were just willing to let me walk away. If they really wanted someone, they might negotiate but that's just a guess on my part
Wow… that’s crazy