2021-2022 Hackensack Meridian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody who withdrew via email still see the school on the CYMST? I know we have to narrow it down to 1 A by 4/30 so I’m somewhat concerned about still seeing the school listed as an accept.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anybody who withdrew via email still see the school on the CYMST? I know we have to narrow it down to 1 A by 4/30 so I’m somewhat concerned about still seeing the school listed as an accept.
Neither AMCAS nor AAMC police this, so you are gucci as long as you have withdrawn as you were supposed to.

Schools cannot see the CYMS school list. On and after 5/2, they will only be able to see that you are PTE somewhere. Your PTE school will see that it was them. Other schools will see that it is another school.

If a withdrawn school does not notify AMCAS promptly, no one will know, other than them, and AMCAS, and neither will be taking any action against you. You therefore have nothing to be concerned about! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
They take forever to reply to stuff. I wouldn't worry.

When I called they said they interview into June but this seems highly unlikely.....

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
They have told me also that interviews go to June. I think they say that because they could always interview someone if they exhaust their WL or are looking for a particular type of applicant. I haven't seen an II update recently here so I wouldn't hold your breath on getting an II from here if you haven't already.

On that point has anyone interviewed and not heard back yet? I think WL movement may start once everyone who interviewed hears back.

High key thinking about withdrawing my app at this point

Reactions: 1 user
High key thinking about withdrawing my app at this point
Would you attend school here if you got in? If yes keep your app in. If not and you want to show them that they have taken a long time withdraw it. Don't hurt yourself for the sake of proving a point.

FYI new Ortho Residency at HUMC was just approved for 7/1 start date
1651179917226.png

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
FYI new Ortho Residency at HUMC was just approved for 7/1 start date View attachment 353994
Be aware it may not be an option for the three year thing. I remember them saying that the three year graduation and auto match aren’t for competitive specialties. I think i remember them saying the three year match wasn’t an option for seen even though they have a derm program. (Not sure if it was derm but it was a competitive specialty)

What’s up with HCA opening up so many residencies?? First EM, then Derm, now Ortho

Feds should investigate for monopolistic practices or just prevent new residencies at for profit institutions

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Be aware it may not be an option for the three year thing. I remember them saying that the three year graduation and auto match aren’t for competitive specialties. I think i remember them saying the three year match wasn’t an option for seen even though they have a derm program. (Not sure if it was derm but it was a competitive specialty)
Definitely not part of the 3 year program

What time is the PTE on Monday? It effect me I just want to know when I can stop neurotically checking the pick x vs y school thread.

What time is the PTE on Monday? It effect me I just want to know when I can stop neurotically checking the pick x vs y school thread.
There is no need to neurotically check. Each school sets its own time, but nothing matters until AMCAS gives them the ability to run reports to see who's in and who's out. That could be at 12:01 a.m. or 11:59 p.m. They haven't told us! :)

In any event, you should not expect WL calls to start one minute after the PTE deadline. At least not in response to what happens on Monday.

Calls can come at any time. Some schools started making them weeks ago.

Hackensack could start right now, 9:00 a.m. on Monday, or not for another month. Whenever it is, it is not going to be tied to the exact time on Monday that Hackensack is able to access a CYMS report showing who has PTEd and who has not.

Among other reasons, you don't know whether Hackensack is going to immediately dump people who have neither told them they are withdrawing nor selected PTE, or reach out to them to ask whether they are in or out. In fact, most schools do not just automatically dump, although they can, and some certainly do.

Do you have any As right now? Later today I'm going to make a mega-post on the WL support thread sharing some thoughts gathered through 3 years of observation. Please try to chill! :)

There is no need to neurotically check. Each school sets its own time, but nothing matters until AMCAS gives them the ability to run reports to see who's in and who's out. That could be at 12:01 a.m. or 11:59 p.m. They haven't told us! :)

In any event, you should not expect WL calls to start one minute after the PTE deadline. At least not in response to what happens on Monday.

Calls can come at any time. Some schools started making them weeks ago.

Hackensack could start right now, 9:00 a.m. on Monday, or not for another month. Whenever it is, it is not going to be tied to the exact time on Monday that Hackensack is able to access a CYMS report showing who has PTEd and who has not.

Among other reasons, you don't know whether Hackensack is going to immediately dump people who have neither told them they are withdrawing nor selected PTE, or reach out to them to ask whether they are in or out. In fact, most schools do not just automatically dump, although they can, and some certainly do.

Do you have any As right now? Later today I'm going to make a mega-post on the WL support thread sharing some thoughts gathered through 3 years of observation. Please try to chill! :)
No I don’t have any As atm. I’m working on my personal statement as we speak.

Withdrew my A this morning. Really liked this program so a tough decision. Happy May 2nd, wishing the best for everyone here!

Reactions: 6 users
Also withdrew my A! Loved the school but couldn’t afford the tuition in comparison to my other A, I hope it goes to one of y’all!

Reactions: 6 users
Just got the A! Interviewed early March and placed on waitlist 4/26.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
+1! Does anyone know if applicants taken off of the waitlist are offered financial aid and/or merit scholarships?
TBD. This thing with throwing around big money scholarships seems to be new, so it remains to be seen if they are going to recirculate the money when it comes back, or decide they don't need to in order to attract people off the WL.

In past years, most people called off the WL were thrilled to just receive the call, and I don't remember seeing any reports of them also receiving scholarships. The pattern seemed to be that people with other options turned Hackensack down, and people accepting Hackensack, especially off the WL, did not have other options.

But, that was then, and this is now. The money seems to be changing that this year. Also, they can now see whether people on their WL are PTE somewhere else. Will that factor into whether someone called off the WL is offered money? Nobody here will be able to tell you what they are going to do, since there is no history to rely on. Good luck!!

Last edited:
What is written in a LOI besides saying if accepted I would attend?
You should list the reasons why you are a great candidate for the school and vice-versa (be as detailed as you possibly can by talking about specific aspects of the curriculum and the program). You can also include updates on your application.

Got the A off the waitlist today ~ will be declining but good luck to you all!

Also got off the waitlist today! Interviewed mid-March and Waitlisted 4/26

+1! Does anyone know if applicants taken off of the waitlist are offered financial aid and/or merit scholarships?
Accepted off of the WL yesterday and was offered a merit scholarship today... didn't receive any word about financial aid loans though

YOOOO! Received a call about a spot being open on waitlist and it being available to me, so accepted off waitlist today. Interviewed 12-29-21. Waitlisted March 2022. ORM. Lizzy M 73.7. OOS. Was literally working on my personal statement just now for 2022-2023 cycle when I got the call....
😭

I was told I would receive email confirmation soon, how long after the call did you guys receive a confirmation email?

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
just got the call! Interviewed in early March and waitlisted last Tuesday :) no email confirmation yet

A! I just got the call too! Interviewed back in December.

Withdrew my application yesterday, I'm fortunate enough to have gotten an A elsewhere. I didn't have an II here (iirc someone earlier in the thread alluded to HMSOM not being done potentially), but even if I did, I would prefer it go to another deserving applicant :) my cycle has come to a definitive end!

I'm also over the moon to see so many people here catching dubs with the wait-list movement, can't wait to see what unbelievable doctors we'll all be!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Accepted off of the WL yesterday and was offered a merit scholarship today... didn't receive any word about financial aid loans though
Did you get a separate email that outlined your merit scholarship? I just got the acceptance email, and it says that "possible scholarship and financial aid is forthcoming." Just wondering how long I have before I have to make a decision. Do I have to make a deposit before being considered for the scholarships?

Did you get a separate email that outlined your merit scholarship? I just got the acceptance email, and it says that "possible scholarship and financial aid is forthcoming." Just wondering how long I have before I have to make a decision. Do I have to make a deposit before being considered for the scholarships?
Don't they tell you how long you have? At this point in the cycle, it is typically one week, both to make a non-refundable deposit and withdraw from other As, while staying on other WLs. If you need "possible scholarship and financial aid" information to make a decision, let them know and ask for more time, if needed. No guarantee they will be receptive, but that's all you can do. Good luck!!

My acceptance email I received today told me I need to submit a deposit and two signed documents by May 10th. But it said the same thing you mentioned regarding financial aid and scholarships.

Has anyone accepted on Tuesday heard back about scholarship information yet?