You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Hackensack Meridian
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Neither AMCAS nor AAMC police this, so you are gucci as long as you have withdrawn as you were supposed to.Does anybody who withdrew via email still see the school on the CYMST? I know we have to narrow it down to 1 A by 4/30 so I’m somewhat concerned about still seeing the school listed as an accept.
Schools cannot see the CYMS school list. On and after 5/2, they will only be able to see that you are PTE somewhere. Your PTE school will see that it was them. Other schools will see that it is another school.
If a withdrawn school does not notify AMCAS promptly, no one will know, other than them, and AMCAS, and neither will be taking any action against you. You therefore have nothing to be concerned about! 🙂
Looks like they posted a complete match list recently.
www.hmsom.org
Commencement
Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine's Nutley, NJ commencement ceremony is June 5, 2025, at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center in Newark.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IncomingMD
Full Member
They take forever to reply to stuff. I wouldn't worry.Does anybody who withdrew via email still see the school on the CYMST? I know we have to narrow it down to 1 A by 4/30 so I’m somewhat concerned about still seeing the school listed as an accept.
So that's why they haven't given me the pre-II rejection yet [emoji848][emoji848]When I called they said they interview into June but this seems highly unlikely.....
With classes starting mid July, I find that HIGHLY unlikely.When I called they said they interview into June but this seems highly unlikely.....
Out of curiosity, when did you call them?When I called they said they interview into June but this seems highly unlikely.....
CrabcakesandFootball
Full Member
They have told me also that interviews go to June. I think they say that because they could always interview someone if they exhaust their WL or are looking for a particular type of applicant. I haven't seen an II update recently here so I wouldn't hold your breath on getting an II from here if you haven't already.
On that point has anyone interviewed and not heard back yet? I think WL movement may start once everyone who interviewed hears back.
On that point has anyone interviewed and not heard back yet? I think WL movement may start once everyone who interviewed hears back.
CrabcakesandFootball
Full Member
Would you attend school here if you got in? If yes keep your app in. If not and you want to show them that they have taken a long time withdraw it. Don't hurt yourself for the sake of proving a point.High key thinking about withdrawing my app at this point
Have called them in the last month.Out of curiosity, when did you call them?
CrabcakesandFootball
Full Member
Be aware it may not be an option for the three year thing. I remember them saying that the three year graduation and auto match aren’t for competitive specialties. I think i remember them saying the three year match wasn’t an option for seen even though they have a derm program. (Not sure if it was derm but it was a competitive specialty)FYI new Ortho Residency at HUMC was just approved for 7/1 start date View attachment 353994
What’s up with HCA opening up so many residencies?? First EM, then Derm, now Ortho
Feds should investigate for monopolistic practices or just prevent new residencies at for profit institutions
Feds should investigate for monopolistic practices or just prevent new residencies at for profit institutions
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Definitely not part of the 3 year programBe aware it may not be an option for the three year thing. I remember them saying that the three year graduation and auto match aren’t for competitive specialties. I think i remember them saying the three year match wasn’t an option for seen even though they have a derm program. (Not sure if it was derm but it was a competitive specialty)
CrabcakesandFootball
Full Member
What time is the PTE on Monday? It effect me I just want to know when I can stop neurotically checking the pick x vs y school thread.
There is no need to neurotically check. Each school sets its own time, but nothing matters until AMCAS gives them the ability to run reports to see who's in and who's out. That could be at 12:01 a.m. or 11:59 p.m. They haven't told us! 🙂What time is the PTE on Monday? It effect me I just want to know when I can stop neurotically checking the pick x vs y school thread.
In any event, you should not expect WL calls to start one minute after the PTE deadline. At least not in response to what happens on Monday.
Calls can come at any time. Some schools started making them weeks ago.
Hackensack could start right now, 9:00 a.m. on Monday, or not for another month. Whenever it is, it is not going to be tied to the exact time on Monday that Hackensack is able to access a CYMS report showing who has PTEd and who has not.
Among other reasons, you don't know whether Hackensack is going to immediately dump people who have neither told them they are withdrawing nor selected PTE, or reach out to them to ask whether they are in or out. In fact, most schools do not just automatically dump, although they can, and some certainly do.
Do you have any As right now? Later today I'm going to make a mega-post on the WL support thread sharing some thoughts gathered through 3 years of observation. Please try to chill! 🙂
CrabcakesandFootball
Full Member
No I don’t have any As atm. I’m working on my personal statement as we speak.There is no need to neurotically check. Each school sets its own time, but nothing matters until AMCAS gives them the ability to run reports to see who's in and who's out. That could be at 12:01 a.m. or 11:59 p.m. They haven't told us! 🙂
In any event, you should not expect WL calls to start one minute after the PTE deadline. At least not in response to what happens on Monday.
Calls can come at any time. Some schools started making them weeks ago.
Hackensack could start right now, 9:00 a.m. on Monday, or not for another month. Whenever it is, it is not going to be tied to the exact time on Monday that Hackensack is able to access a CYMS report showing who has PTEd and who has not.
Among other reasons, you don't know whether Hackensack is going to immediately dump people who have neither told them they are withdrawing nor selected PTE, or reach out to them to ask whether they are in or out. In fact, most schools do not just automatically dump, although they can, and some certainly do.
Do you have any As right now? Later today I'm going to make a mega-post on the WL support thread sharing some thoughts gathered through 3 years of observation. Please try to chill! 🙂
Can I ask how many WLs?No I don’t have any As atm. I’m working on my personal statement as we speak.
supersleepy
Full Member
Also withdrew my A! Loved the school but couldn’t afford the tuition in comparison to my other A, I hope it goes to one of y’all!
coolbreeze875
Full Member
withdrew my A as well!! I hope it goes to one of y'all <3
bubbles2122
New Member
Just got the A! Interviewed early March and placed on waitlist 4/26.
CrabcakesandFootball
Full Member
Wow congrats on your A!!!Just got the A! Interviewed early March and placed on waitlist 4/26.
+1! Does anyone know if applicants taken off of the waitlist are offered financial aid and/or merit scholarships?Just got the A! Interviewed early March and placed on waitlist 4/26.
Did you send an update letter or LOI? And did u receive a call or email?Just got the A! Interviewed early March and placed on waitlist 4/26.
TBD. This thing with throwing around big money scholarships seems to be new, so it remains to be seen if they are going to recirculate the money when it comes back, or decide they don't need to in order to attract people off the WL.+1! Does anyone know if applicants taken off of the waitlist are offered financial aid and/or merit scholarships?
In past years, most people called off the WL were thrilled to just receive the call, and I don't remember seeing any reports of them also receiving scholarships. The pattern seemed to be that people with other options turned Hackensack down, and people accepting Hackensack, especially off the WL, did not have other options.
But, that was then, and this is now. The money seems to be changing that this year. Also, they can now see whether people on their WL are PTE somewhere else. Will that factor into whether someone called off the WL is offered money? Nobody here will be able to tell you what they are going to do, since there is no history to rely on. Good luck!!
Last edited:
bubbles2122
New Member
It was a phone call. As for LOI, I never sent one but was actually considering sending one this week if I hadn't heard back.Did you send an update letter or LOI? And did u receive a call or email?
CrabcakesandFootball
Full Member
What is written in a LOI besides saying if accepted I would attend?It was a phone call. As for LOI, I never sent one but was actually considering sending one this week if I hadn't heard back.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IncomingMD
Full Member
You should list the reasons why you are a great candidate for the school and vice-versa (be as detailed as you possibly can by talking about specific aspects of the curriculum and the program). You can also include updates on your application.What is written in a LOI besides saying if accepted I would attend?
cornoffthecob
Full Member
Got the A off the waitlist today ~ will be declining but good luck to you all!
CrabcakesandFootball
Full Member
When did you interview?Got the A off the waitlist today ~ will be declining but good luck to you all!
flamingcheetos
Full Member
Accepted off of the WL yesterday and was offered a merit scholarship today... didn't receive any word about financial aid loans though+1! Does anyone know if applicants taken off of the waitlist are offered financial aid and/or merit scholarships?
cornoffthecob
Full Member
May I ask if the merit scholarship was a significant amount? 1/2 tuition/full tuition?Accepted off of the WL yesterday and was offered a merit scholarship today... didn't receive any word about financial aid loans though
cornoffthecob
Full Member
Interviewed in November, WL in march I believe?When did you interview?
syogeswa97
Full Member
YOOOO! Received a call about a spot being open on waitlist and it being available to me, so accepted off waitlist today. Interviewed 12-29-21. Waitlisted March 2022. ORM. Lizzy M 73.7. OOS. Was literally working on my personal statement just now for 2022-2023 cycle when I got the call....
😭
I was told I would receive email confirmation soon, how long after the call did you guys receive a confirmation email?
😭
I was told I would receive email confirmation soon, how long after the call did you guys receive a confirmation email?
visionofdivision
Full Member
just got the call! Interviewed in early March and waitlisted last Tuesday 🙂 no email confirmation yet
Did you get a separate email that outlined your merit scholarship? I just got the acceptance email, and it says that "possible scholarship and financial aid is forthcoming." Just wondering how long I have before I have to make a decision. Do I have to make a deposit before being considered for the scholarships?Accepted off of the WL yesterday and was offered a merit scholarship today... didn't receive any word about financial aid loans though
Don't they tell you how long you have? At this point in the cycle, it is typically one week, both to make a non-refundable deposit and withdraw from other As, while staying on other WLs. If you need "possible scholarship and financial aid" information to make a decision, let them know and ask for more time, if needed. No guarantee they will be receptive, but that's all you can do. Good luck!!Did you get a separate email that outlined your merit scholarship? I just got the acceptance email, and it says that "possible scholarship and financial aid is forthcoming." Just wondering how long I have before I have to make a decision. Do I have to make a deposit before being considered for the scholarships?
syogeswa97
Full Member
My acceptance email I received today told me I need to submit a deposit and two signed documents by May 10th. But it said the same thing you mentioned regarding financial aid and scholarships.Did you get a separate email that outlined your merit scholarship? I just got the acceptance email, and it says that "possible scholarship and financial aid is forthcoming." Just wondering how long I have before I have to make a decision. Do I have to make a deposit before being considered for the scholarships?
is anyone choosing this place over another MD acceptance?
Look at the school versus school forum. A bunch of people did!is anyone choosing this place over another MD acceptance?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is anyone choosing this place over another MD acceptance?
sorry if this a stupid question, where is the school vs school form?Look at the school versus school forum. A bunch of people did!
sorry if this a stupid question, where is the school vs school form?
Help Me Decide: X vs Y Medical School
Compare medical school acceptances using curriculum, cost, location, support systems, and career fit.
tysm!![]()
Help Me Decide: X vs Y Medical School
Compare medical school acceptances using curriculum, cost, location, support systems, and career fit.forums.studentdoctor.net
Has anyone accepted on Tuesday heard back about scholarship information yet?
Not yetHas anyone accepted on Tuesday heard back about scholarship information yet?