2021-2022 Hackensack Meridian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
any current students have recommendations/suggestions on apartment complexes students usually stay at? Rent seems upwards of $1800 from what i've been seeing and just wanted to know if this is normal

Just got accepted!!!!!! I'm in shock this wait is finally over :clap:

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Got accepted a few hours ago!!! First A and already sent in my next application. I am so happy. Good luck to all of you and if I can be of any assistance don’t be afraid to reach out. Go ravens!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Got accepted as well just as I got to work this afternoon! Interviewed in Oct, WL in March, and hellish waits in between. Finally, I can move onto life’s next steps confidently haha, tossing personal statement now (had like, a sentence on it lol).

Reactions: 3 users
Got accepted a few hours ago!!! First A and already sent in my next application. I am so happy. Good luck to all of you and if I can be of any assistance don’t be afraid to reach out. Go ravens!!
I'm thrilled to be able to say I told you so, with respect to my response to your post from when the additional IIs were reported.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Reactions: 2 users
any current students have recommendations/suggestions on apartment complexes students usually stay at? Rent seems upwards of $1800 from what i've been seeing and just wanted to know if this is normal
Unfortunately, this is relatively normal for the area. $1800 seems low if anything if living alone. All the IPG apartments are pretty nice and a couple students are going to be living in each. There are probably more than a dozen students in Hillside Gardens close to the school although you don't get a lot of bang for your buck there IMO. Roommates is also a viable option. Some people also conglomerate in houses in the area, like 4 people renting a local house. Definitely suggest reaching out in the Facebook group.

Reactions: 2 users
withdrew my acceptance. hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone comment on the main rotation hospitals at Hackensack? What the main ones are and what your experience has been like? Thanks!

Withdrew from the WL, best of luck guys. See y’all at match time!

Can anyone comment on the main rotation hospitals at Hackensack? What the main ones are and what your experience has been like? Thanks!
I'm not 100% sure what you are looking for. Your experience in clerkships will vary widely depending on what hospital you are at and what preceptor you are with at the time. I've been mostly at Jersey shore but also been to Hackensack and JFK. My experience overall has been positive. If you have specific questions I can try and answer them. The only thing of mention I will note is that you get free meals at the more southern hospitals and parking is a lot easier.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm not 100% sure what you are looking for. Your experience in clerkships will vary widely depending on what hospital you are at and what preceptor you are with at the time. I've been mostly at Jersey shore but also been to Hackensack and JFK. My experience overall has been positive. If you have specific questions I can try and answer them. The only thing of mention I will note is that you get free meals at the more southern hospitals and parking is a lot easier.
Thanks @SlickMDS From what I could see, there was a pretty wide array of affiliated subsidiary facilities. I think free meals and parking is definetly good to keep in mind--perks are appreciated, especially after living in a city where everything's expensive.

I'm curious about what would be considered the "main" facilities--I assume Hackensack U. Hospital and JFK: how integrated research and staying abreast latest literature is there, and what mentorship has been like. I'm also interested in what the psychiatry rotations are like, since I can't infer from the list of places where that'd take place.

Thanks @SlickMDS From what I could see, there was a pretty wide array of affiliated subsidiary facilities. I think free meals and parking is definetly good to keep in mind--perks are appreciated, especially after living in a city where everything's expensive.

I'm curious about what would be considered the "main" facilities--I assume Hackensack U. Hospital and JFK: how integrated research and staying abreast latest literature is there, and what mentorship has been like. I'm also interested in what the psychiatry rotations are like, since I can't infer from the list of places where that'd take place.
The flagship hospitals are Hackensack UMC and Jersey Shore UMC. Mentorship and how research-oriented faculty are is going to be attending dependent. In terms of research, the flagship hospitals have a lot of research going on, as well as the school itself depending on what you are interested in. In terms of psych, the main hospital for that would be Jersey Shore, HUMC, and Ocean (might be missing one). I haven't had psych yet so I can't say how the rotations are. Though both Jersey shore and Ocean have residency programs so you shouldn't be short of mentors to help you along the way.

Reactions: 1 user
are they still sending out interviews?
HIGHLY unlikely, although anything is always possible. As crazy as it was for them to reopen interviews last month, it would be even more nuts for them to do it now, given that orientation begins in literally 2 weeks. If they have any more openings at this point, which would be extremely highly unlikely, since that would involve someone breaking a CTE commitment, they will surely pull from their WL rather than interview more people at this late date.