2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you."

I am assuming that's an R but trying to stay optimistic.

Members don't see this ad.

same^ got the basically rejection today via email advertising their masters, thoughts on it anyone?

same^ got the basically rejection today via email advertising their masters, thoughts on it anyone?
I guess it's not meant to be, and I wonder whether it's really due to my stats since they recommended Masters program or they are other reasons like instate bias.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait hold up, I did not get a recommendation for the Master's program. Does that mean anything or are they like we don't even want you for the Masters Program lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Rejected pre-II.

stats: 3.3-3.4 gpa and 508 MCAT.

They recommended me to apply to their master of medical science program instead.
With your MCAT score i'm sure other schools would take you.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Wait hold up, I did not get a recommendation for the Master's program. Does that mean anything or are they like we don't even want you for the Masters Program lol.
maybe your gpa is good so you don't need it

For those of you that have received pre-II rejections, when we’re you complete?

For anyone who got an A and put down a deposit, is there a way to do it online? Or do we have to send a check through the mail?

i emailed last week asking about the status of my application and they called me this morning to tell me I was rejected... kinda nice and kinda mean? lol anyway if you are curious you could try emailing about your status! good luck everyone
do you know who you emailed for that? im looking to get an update on my status ive completed my Interview for weeks now

Members don't see this ad :)
Is their invitation to apply to a masters program in every rejection letter? Or is it just those that receive it the ones that they would likely admit into their SMP?

I have the message: "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee....." on my portal since late august. Is anyone else in a similar situation? Is this a rejection?

• Care
I have the message: "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee....." on my portal since late august. Is anyone else in a similar situation? Is this a rejection?
Same exact situation expecting the rejection also.

• Care
Same exact situation expecting the rejection also.
I had this for 1-2 months and received an email that recommended their master's program to become more competitive, which is basically a R letter. :(

• Care
hi everyone. kind of a random question but my boyfriend is going to be attending lecom next year and i was wondering if lecom provides their students with stethoscopes bc i wanted to give him that as a grad gift but lmk :) thank you!!

hi everyone. kind of a random question but my boyfriend is going to be attending lecom next year and i was wondering if lecom provides their students with stethoscopes bc i wanted to give him that as a grad gift but lmk :) thank you!!
LECOM-B does not give their students stethoscopes. We buy our own, so that would be a great gift!

is it safe to say if you still have the “we have received your supplemental application, the review process will now begin” status on your portal that this is an R?

Hey! Who have you guys been emailing at Bradenton from the admissions department and been able to get a response. Ive tried calling and left voicemails with no answers.

My status says:
Thank you for interviewing at the Erie Campus, you will be notified when the committee makes a decision on your application.

Group session Oct 22nd. Anyone have an idea of when I might hear back? If people who interviewed August are just hearing back now, I probably won't hear back till like February or March, right?

My status says:
Thank you for interviewing at the Erie Campus, you will be notified when the committee makes a decision on your application.

Group session Oct 22nd. Anyone have an idea of when I might hear back? If people who interviewed August are just hearing back now, I probably won't hear back till like February or March, right?
Not sure how it is for the Erie Campus, but for Bradenton I know they said they'd be sending out another round of acceptances in mid-Jan

Anybody with a info session 12/10 hear any updates? Just curious

Submitted secondary first week of August, have heard absolutely nothing back. Should I just assume it’s an R?

It’s been the same “under review” statement since August on the Portal.

Submitted secondary first week of August, have heard absolutely nothing back. Should I just assume it’s an R?

It’s been the same “under review” statement since August on the Portal.
Not unless you get a R email from them. I submitted in Oct and was rejected last month.

Lake Erie is known to ghost. I submitted my app to Erie in august and it's been radio silence since then. I am assuming that's prolly a R. lol

Does anyone have the admissions email? I am looking to withdraw my app.

Just got an email says aacomas app received. I applied in June, did secondary fee in June, and rejected in November and now this? Lol I don’t understand

I just got the rejection email from Bradenton. LETS GOOOOO

• Care
Did anyone get a text today that said “(LECOM) We were pleased to meet you at LECOM Bradenton interview and will contact you soon with a decision.” ?? Info session was November 19th

Reactions: 5 users
I’m confused I’ve been on the alternate list for months and I got a text saying thanks for interviewing we are giving a decision??

Did anyone get a text today that said “(LECOM) We were pleased to meet you at LECOM Bradenton interview and will contact you soon with a decision.” ?? Info session was November 19th
I’m confused I’ve been on the alternate list for months and I got a text saying thanks for interviewing we are giving a decision??
I think there may be something wrong with their system. I got rejected a few weeks ago but then got an email saying i am still under review.

How they gonna reject me, make me cry, and have me move on but say they are now reconsidering me?

I've already interviewed and attended the info session on 12/3, just got two emails about scheduling an interview and info session as well as three texts saying "LECOM". I emailed them and their interview coordinator is out of the office till early January, so I wonder if this was a system error or maybe they were trying to send out updates?

Just got correspondence, texts on the 27th should be disregarded

OOS applicant complete mid August. It still says under review with no update. Expecting the Pre-II R.

OOS applicant complete mid August. It still says under review with no update. Expecting the Pre-II R.
SAME, I think they are prolly gonna pull a silent R :(

Edit: wait I am already rejected, I thought this was the Erie group lmao

How they gonna reject me, make me cry, and have me move on but say they are now reconsidering me?
same, I emailed them that day and just got a response saying it was a glitch in their system and to apply to their masters program since I am no longer being considered for LECOM

• Wow
they told us (info sesh nov 19th) that we'd find out mid-jan.. someone needs to tell me to stop checking the portal every 2 hours knowing I'm going to have to wait for the mailed decision regardless 😭

I emailed them yesterday (I’m a Dec5 info session) and they said sometime this week but seeing as the week is almost over…lol

I refresh this thread multiple times a day instead of checking my portal 😂

I emailed them yesterday (I’m a Dec5 info session) and they said sometime this week but seeing as the week is almost over…lol

I refresh this thread multiple times a day instead of checking my portal 😂
Same 😅

• Care