2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the alternate acceptance today. Does anyone know if they move through this last throughout the year? Or do they wait till the very end of the year and then start looking through it?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Received the 14 day portal change today. Will update when I know the result!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is today the first day that regular decision applicants can potentially receive mail?

Anyone else waiting for a portal change?! So much anxiety

I had my informational session August 27 and am still on "Your file is in under review by the Admissions Committee post interview. You will be notified by mail of the decision by the Admissions Committee." Anyone else?
Same and I thought they specifically mentioned November 15th as when we would be notified by for regular decision.

Same and I thought they specifically mentioned November 15th as when we would be notified by for regular decision.
Same here, August 27 and same portal message. Let me know when you both see anything different!

Does anyone know when they start pulling from the alternate list? Several ppl have posted that they declined the AL position or declined their acceptance. Yet no one has said they got an accepted from the alternate list.:.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone attending the open house for accepted students this Friday?

Anybody receive IIs recently? I've been complete since early August and am still waiting for one.

Members don't see this ad :)
My status changed today to: The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days. Anxiety levels rising...

My status changed today to: The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days. Anxiety levels rising...
Me too!

Just got the email for alternate status, OOS. Hopefully it turns into an acceptance!

Alternate email today :( . 3.16 w/ upward trend, 511, Significant Research + Clinical activities. OOS

• Care
So the next phase of acceptances will be coming out in mid Nov which they call regular acceptance and not early acceptance. i think some of the folks who are on AL might get accepted if they are better candidates then the folks in next group. Lets don't loose the hope.
How do you know the phases of acceptances? What's the next phase after mid Nov?

Accepted today via snail mail.
Info sesh 8/20
Portal change to “14 days” on Friday.

Stats:
LizzyM 68
Good to excellent ECs
Non trad
115 Bench press
Still stuck on the final boss of Crash Bandicoot

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Accepted today via snail mail.
Info sesh 8/20
Portal change to “14 days” on Friday.

Stats:
LizzyM 68
Good to excellent ECs
Non trad
115 Bench press
Still stuck on the final boss of Crash Bandicoot
Congrats!! Where are you from? I'm trying to get a gauge on when I could possibly expect something in the mail (OOS, Northeast). I was also in the 8/20 session!

Congrats!! Where are you from? I'm trying to get a gauge on when I could possibly expect something in the mail (OOS, Northeast). I was also in the 8/20 session!

Thanks! I’m from Florida, so not far from them

Just noticed this on my profile today " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you." Has anyone else received this message? I'm assuming this is probably a rejection?

Just noticed this on my profile today " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you." Has anyone else received this message? I'm assuming this i

Just noticed this on my profile today " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you." Has anyone else received this message? I'm assuming this is probably a rejection?
I got the same portal message, but already knew that it was a rejection because I called admissions a week or so before then. Plus, I never got an interview.

Completed and submitted my interview in November, my information session is not until December, will they not review my application until after the information session is complete? Admission status has not changed from "...you have been selected for an interview..."

Completed and submitted my interview in November, my information session is not until December, will they not review my application until after the information session is complete? Admission status has not changed from "...you have been selected for an interview..."

They will not review until the information session. Then your status will
Change to something like …”you are now under review, a decision will be mailed to you. “

i emailed last week asking about the status of my application and they called me this morning to tell me I was rejected... kinda nice and kinda mean? lol anyway if you are curious you could try emailing about your status! good luck everyone

• Care
i emailed last week asking about the status of my application and they called me this morning to tell me I was rejected... kinda nice and kinda mean? lol anyway if you are curious you could try emailing about your status! good luck everyone
Sorry to hear that! Did you interview with them?

As a current 1st semester student at LECOM Bradenton, feel free to ask me any questions about the school or curriculum.

As a current 1st semester student at LECOM Bradenton, feel free to ask me any questions about the school or curriculum.
Have you heard of many students who got interview or even accepted at LECOM with an AIS score 110?

Have you heard of many students who got interview or even accepted at LECOM with an AIS score 110?
Unfortunately, I can't recall a single student who told me there AIS score. There are students in our class who applied through regular admission with MCAT, Masters students, and even early accepted students who did NOT take the MCAT.

I’m currently pre Interview invite for brandenton and got the portal update that says “the admissions committee has made a decision on your application and will notify you within 30 days…”. If you guys know, you can tell me straight, is this a pre interview invite rejection?

Last edited:
I’m currently pre Interview invite for brandenton and got the portal update that says “the admissions committee has made a decision on your application and will notify you within 30 days…”. If you guys know, you can tell me straight, is this a pre interview invite rejection?
when were you complete?

I also noticed my portal status has changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you."

Assuming this is an R. Onto da next one.

How many students does LECOM recruit from the waitlist? Do you know when they start giving A to those on the WL?

Rejected pre-II.

stats: 3.3-3.4 gpa and 508 MCAT.

They recommended me to apply to their master of medical science program instead.

• Care
Rejected pre-II.

stats: 3.3-3.4 gpa and 508 MCAT.

They recommended me to apply to their master of medical science program instead.
Same! But my mcat is low and gpa is same as yours.

• Sad
  • Care
Rejected Pre II as well.

My portal updated last night to the “admissions committee made a decision on your file…”

Rejection letter was an ad of their masters degree that if completed won’t even guarantee an acceptance to their class.

Lizzy M ~64

• Care
Rejected Pre II as well.

My portal updated last night to the “admissions committee made a decision on your file…”

Rejection letter was an ad of their masters degree that if completed won’t even guarantee an acceptance to their class.

Lizzy M ~64
I would do it and spend $$$ if it guaranteed a provisional A at least.