2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey guys! has anyone heard back from the 2/11 info session yet? i'm guessing no since they seem to take a while to send decisions...

Members don't see this ad :)
Can any current M3s or M4s talk about if there are any residencies that LECOM Bradenton has influence over to bring their own students into those residencies? Like relationships or anything like that? I have a deposit due soon so if anyone can give any insight, I’d really appreciate it!!

Hello everyone, is a 110 AIS score good for an interview?

Curious, has anyone interviewed or been accepted to LECOM without a LOR from pre-health committee or science professor?

My school does not have a pre-health committee, so it appears it defaults to two science professors. With Covid, and classes often transitioned to online, my interactions with my professors were limited. Even if I could get a letter, I don't think it would be very strong.

The info says the science professors input is to establish my ability to manage science courses. In my case, I have already graduated. They have the ability to see all of my grades and my GPA, along with the AACOMAS' multiple ways of calculating my GPA. I do have three strong letters, just none from a science professor.

So, my question, are letters from science professors mandatory or does LECOM sometimes allow for alternatives or exceptions?
Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Curious, has anyone interviewed or been accepted to LECOM without a LOR from pre-health committee or science professor?

My school does not have a pre-health committee, so it appears it defaults to two science professors. With Covid, and classes often transitioned to online, my interactions with my professors were limited. Even if I could get a letter, I don't think it would be very strong.

The info says the science professors input is to establish my ability to manage science courses. In my case, I have already graduated. They have the ability to see all of my grades and my GPA, along with the AACOMAS' multiple ways of calculating my GPA. I do have three strong letters, just none from a science professor.

So, my question, are letters from science professors mandatory or does LECOM sometimes allow for alternatives or exceptions?
Thank you in advance!
My school does not do committee letters so I didn’t have one, but I had 3 science professors. I honestly don’t think it’s mandatory though prob recommended, but if you have other letters it should be okay. I had an interview for LECOM in early January.

Reactions: 1 user

Thank you in advance!
I was accepted without a committee letter, but had three science LORs. This is more a question for admissions. On their website, it seems like the 2 science LORs are a hard requirement, but it may be worth clarifying. I'm not sure if you completed all of your prereqs already, but perhaps you could take an additional science course to get to know a professor that way?

How many people have been waitlisted/listed as an alternate so far? Just curious as to how common it is for this particular school.

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew from the WL! Hope y’all get in, it just takes one! Best of luck!! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Seems to be a lot of withdrawals from the WL, but no students pulled from it LOL. Best of luck at your chosen school!

• Haha
Is the school still sending out interview invitations and has anyone received them recently? Or is it basically a rejection at this point?
Thanks for any input

Hi y’all, how long did it take for you guys to hear back for a decision post-II? Are they still reviewing feb. interviews?

This is probably too early, but has anyone from the 3/11 info session heard back about their decision yet? :unsure:

I’m still waiting to hear back from my December 10th informational session…

So I presume this is a rejection letter??

And don't get me started on their rejection letter, yeah no I don't wanna talk.

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 12.15.40 PM.png

• Hmm
Is this school still giving out interviews?
I got an II on 3/16 and submitted the secondary on 2/26 (processed and completed on 3/2). My info session is 4/15 but I'm unsure if this is the last one or not.

Is the school still sending out interview invitations and has anyone received them recently? Or is it basically a rejection at this point?
Thanks for any input
Received an II on 3/16 and have the info session on 4/15 so it's possible I'd assume. Hold in there!

Hello guys. I had an II and info session 4/12. Seton Hall Campus. NERVOUS. When do you think I will hear back?

Hello guys. I had an II and info session 4/12. Seton Hall Campus. NERVOUS. When do you think I will hear back?
You might have a better response if you comment on the Erie thread! I believe there's also a SH-specific thread. Bradenton is a completely separate admissions process from the other three campuses.

I can share my experience with Erie admissions though - I was told at my 3/4 Elmira info session to expect a 30-60 day turnaround. And I did not receive a confirmation email responding to my pathway form.

Edit: Erie thread: 2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)
SH thread: 2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Seton Hill)

My portal changed to decision made today, and it says the official letter should arrive within 14 days 😱 My info session was on 3/11!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I just received an email that I was chosen for the alternate list. Anyone know what the difference between alternate and wait list is? And does anyone happen to know if it’s ranked or not? Thanks for the help!

I think they have one more interview day coming up this Friday, so hopefully we'll see some WL movement some time after that!!

via email? I received an email this morning with info about the MMS and Pharm D. program, but my portal status is blank.
yeah got an email that said i was rejected and then was told to consider the *very* expensive MMS program or the PharmD program lol
Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 8.41.17 AM.png

Hello everyone! If there are any student on here that did the LECOM masters program, I would truly like to ask a couple of questions. Thank you!

So I just spoke to admissions about the alternate list (which is unranked) and was told that there were over or around 8,000 applicants for only 200 spots, so there is going to be little to no movement this cycle. I was also encouraged to take any other offers so I don't miss out of any opportunities since this one is anticipated to be so limited 😵 I'm still hoping and praying for any movement though since this is my only shot and I'm really invested in this school 🤞🤞🤞

So I just spoke to admissions about the alternate list (which is unranked) and was told that there were over or around 8,000 applicants for only 200 spots, so there is going to be little to no movement this cycle. I was also encouraged to take any other offers so I don't miss out of any opportunities since this one is anticipated to be so limited 😵 I'm still hoping and praying for any movement though since this is my only shot and I'm really invested in this school 🤞🤞🤞
Oof, do you know how many are on the alternate list by any chance?