2021-2022 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone on here currently attend LMU DCOM? I’d like to ask some questions before I interview

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How long did it take after submitting your secondary that you got an email saying it was complete?

I submitted my secondary same day I received a link to the portal on July 1. I received the file complete on July 7. I must of been one of the lucky ones to not have to call to be marked complete.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been researching other places that did this type of interview. Closed file is important to understand. so I think it might be more about personality, professionalism, and how we interact in a group setting. Any other input?

I have also been doing this, but also feel like I may be overthinking the situation due to the change in interview format. They mention it’s going to be conversational so hopefully there won’t be too many curveball questions.

• Love
can anyone tell me differences in the harrogate vs knoxville campus? facilities/student life/quality of life/rotations/safety of each location? thank you :)

Did anyone get an email saying they haven't received your secondary yet and to complete it, and to call if you aren't interested anymore? I'm not sure if this means I'm too late to submit and it'll be a donation at this point

Who all will be interviewing this Friday? Just curious if many from on here will be present.

I'll be interviewing on the 24th!! Super excited hoping for an A

If anyone has any input after interviewing this Friday, please let those with a later interview date (9/24) know! :)

• Love
I am a third year
Do you have any advice for interviewing in this format and in general? Do you know of ways to be able to serve and work in a clinical setting in the first two years? Thank you for being here on this forum!

Do you have any advice for interviewing in this format and in general? Do you know of ways to be able to serve and work in a clinical setting in the first two years? Thank you for being here on this forum!
The interview is very laid back. They just want to get to know you and see if you’d fit in. Def know why DO and why LMU.
And nothing off the top of my head. Clubs set up a lot of activities. There are RAM clinics you can sign for, and mission trips with CMDA

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone that is still waiting on a II that got their app completed on or near July 20th?

Is there anyone that got an II that did get completed then?

Is there anyone that is still waiting on a II that got their app completed on or near July 20th?

I was complete July 27, still no communication

Still waiting

Reactions: 1 users
Any idea when next wave of II’s would be sent out?

Reactions: 2 users
The interview is very laid back. They just want to get to know you and see if you’d fit in. Def know why DO and why LMU.
And nothing off the top of my head. Clubs set up a lot of activities. There are RAM clinics you can sign for, and mission trips with CMDA

Do you happen to know why they changed to group interviews?

Do you think it’s ok to select a later test date as opposed to the 10th

Has anyone interviewing tomorrow received their link yet?

Do you think it’s ok to select a later test date as opposed to the 10th. My schedule is busy and I couldn't select another date.

I had no idea they did that. Is it new this year? Maybe to get through more applicants at once, I know the class size is increasing again in Knox..
Hi, first year here I was confused by this last year too. I believe they always say "group interview" in the email, but the ACTUAL interview is just a student and 2 faculty members. The group portion is all other presentations & the Q & A section. Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow!!

Hmm, I think it is changed this year though. This was how it was worded in the email.

“You will interview with two other applicants and two faculty/staff members”

Hmm, I think it is changed this year though. This was how it was worded in the email.

Good luck tmw:) don’t forget to catch a good sleep!

oh weird it could def be to interview more students this cycle at orientation they said they already at 4-5k applications. We have also lost some faculty so maybe fewer people to actually conduct the interview. Never the less you will do great!!

It finished about 1.5 hours ago. I felt it went decent. Definitely was more time restricted in the group interviews but we all got along and we’re laughing.

It finished about 1.5 hours ago. I felt it went decent. Definitely was more time restricted in the group interviews but we all got along and we’re laughing.
What do you mean when you say restricted?

Also committee is meeting next Wednesday. They say generally max of two weeks for decision, but could be as early as next weekend.

• Wow
did they also have easy questions like why do, why lmudcom

anyone who was complete late July hear back with II recently

how was the interview format? was it a very relaxed interview? any advice? thank u

They emphasized that the interview was just a conversation to get to know us. That interviewing this early with them was already a good sign, and they just wanted to get to know us personally.

To answer the question about types of questions. The questions on this schools interview feedback page covers every question that was asked by my interviewer. The only one I had that I don't remember seeing is able to be answered without much thought.

Also our zoom had like 60 people in total. But that included staff and student ambassadors so I’m not sure the actual number of students.

Last edited: