2021-2022 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM Clearwater)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone instate received an II?
For real...Like im so confused on why I haven't received an ii yet, not trying to be cocky but I have okay stats right about their average for mcat and above average for GPA LMAO like I'm worried since this school is literally one of my top choices

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Can you apply to both Ft. Laud and Clearwater campuses? On the secondary app I see options to select one, and no option to select both.
So you put a preference on your app for either one, if you don’t have a preference you don’t have to select one and then there’s a deadline to chose once you’re accepted. It’s also not binding untill like 3 months before school starts. I know people who chose Davie and then switched to TBR and vice versa. There’s no differential acceptance rates for the campuses since they are both under one DO accreditation.

For real...Like im so confused on why I haven't received an ii yet, not trying to be cocky but I have okay stats right about their average for mcat and above average for GPA LMAO like I'm worried since this school is literally one of my top choices

Same in state and really hoping for an II. Maybe they’re inviting OOS first?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, it’s realllyyyyy early in the cycle. I know it’s easy to be neurotic (I was the exact same way) but if you have good stats and ECs you should be fine. I had pretty good stats and got my interview in September. I would start worrying if you don’t get one around December and you were complete in July or august

Hey, it’s realllyyyyy early in the cycle. I know it’s easy to be neurotic (I was the exact same way) but if you have good stats and ECs you should be fine. I had pretty good stats and got my interview in September. I would start worrying if you don’t get one around December and you were complete in July or august
Thanks I really appreciate it! its such a stressful process lol

I'm in the same boat as you... I'm above average for both with amazing ECs and was complete on like the first or second day.... this shi stressful

I got the complete call today. I haven't been on SDN much and didn't know to expect one, so the call freaked me out. Secondary received 7/29, submitted 7/30. OOS

anyone not get a complete call yet and submit on 7/27?

I got the interview invite 8/6, In-state 509 MCAT 3.80 sGPA

Last edited:
Can you apply to both Ft. Laud and Clearwater campuses? On the secondary app I see options to select one, and no option to select both.
You can request to switch campus. Most students are given the campus they want. It’s those who are trickling in come the end of the cycle That may not get their pick.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering about how long other applicants answers to the first question, "How did you learn about osteopathic medicine" were?

anyone submit in July and not get a complete call yet?

Is organic chemistry 2 lab required? I saw that they just require 8 semester hours of organic chem which I have from organic chem 1 lecture + lab and organic chem 2 lecture only. I was confused bc on AACOMAS it said to add Orgo chem 2 + lab. I emailed but haven't gotten a response yet so figured id ask on here!

Is organic chemistry 2 lab required? I saw that they just require 8 semester hours of organic chem which I have from organic chem 1 lecture + lab and organic chem 2 lecture only. I was confused bc on AACOMAS it said to add Orgo chem 2 + lab. I emailed but haven't gotten a response yet so figured id ask on here!
You need the lab.

their website doesn't specify organic chem 2 lab so I think as long as you have a lab you're good

My school only offered one lab, so I just applied with that lol.

My school only offered one lab, so I just applied with that lol.
Did you get the complete call? haha I'm trying to decide if I should send my app here or not depending on if they'll accept my orgo courses.

Did you get the complete call? haha I'm trying to decide if I should send my app here or not depending on if they'll accept my orgo courses.
Got the complete call! Not an II yet, but idk if they would mark me complete without it. Unfortunately only the office would know the true answer:/

Last edited:
I received my secondary July 27 and found out today it had been sitting in my spam all this time... I'm nearing the 4th week so is it worth still submitting the secondary or will submitting secondary be a waste of time since they'll assume I've lost interest?

When did you submit? And if you don’t mind sharing, what are your stats?

Hey I had a question regarding the secondary, idk if there are any people in the same boat as me, but figured I would ask here. I am currently double majoring in Cog Sci and Psych, and in the "Prior College Information" tab, there is only an option to add one major per degree. I am not sure if it will be very important cause they can see it in my primary, but I want to provide all the info I can. I called them and they just referred me to the admission counselors who don't pick up their phone or reply to emails rn.

congrats to those who received an II! did you receive a phone call or was it thru email?

Did more people get ii after the first wave of invites? I was got my compete call around first week in July and nothing yet…does that mean I’m done with this school?

Did more people get ii after the first wave of invites? I was got my compete call around first week in July and nothing yet…does that mean I’m done with this school?
In the same boat, wondering the same :(

All you guys saying your chances of getting in at NSU are over already, chill out. I had higher stats and good experiences on my app than the averages and didn’t get admited until like march =. Not off The waitlist either. You’re fine. Just sit back and relax. Yes… reach out when apprproate. be proactive. But relax.

Has anyone else's experience with applying here been weird?

So I sent my primary in June and I didn't get a secondary until early August after I emailed them about it... They did not directly respond to my email, but I received the secondary the next day so idk LOL, and I only emailed after I read that they send secondaries to everyone without screening.

I submitted my secondary a few days after and it is still not complete because I am essentially missing all supplemental items, including the "AACOMAS Service Application", LORs, and MCAT score. They only have received my 50$ secondary fee. Is the AACOMAS service app the primary?? My LORs are with my committee letter that has been submitted by now too. I emailed them at [email protected] and my message was blocked, so I called and the person who helped me suggested that it could be that my primary isn't verified yet, but it is. Not really sure what I should do.

Hey does anyone know how serious it is that I do not have two science LORs? I only learned of this req after I submitted my secondary app tonight lmao.

Hey does anyone know how serious it is that I do not have two science LORs? I only learned of this req after I submitted my secondary app tonight lmao.
I believe they will not look at your app until you have 2 science LORS. Without them, your app will not be marked as “completed”, so it wont get sent for review.

I believe they will not look at your app until you have 2 science LORS. Without them, your app will not be marked as “completed”, so it wont get sent for review.
Damn and I just had to look for that after submitting my secondary and paying the fees. There is no way I can get a second science letter at this point RIP.

Congratulations! Are you traditional applicant? how is your EC?
I’m white, Spanish major, from Utah, and have several healthcare(clinics,hospitals) and non healthcare(leadership, clubs, collegiate rugby) experiences.

Got II. Never got the complete call, submitted 7/27.

URM 515 Mcat, 3.9 GPA, 2 Pubs, Volunteering with Underserved and graduated from NSU. Two of my letters are from the adcom members so Im feeling really hopeful. Would love to go to this school! Beautiful campus and awesome faculty.

Got II. Never got the complete call, submitted 7/27.

URM 515 Mcat, 3.9 GPA, 2 Pubs, Volunteering with Underserved and graduated from NSU. Two of my letters are from the adcom members so Im feeling really hopeful. Would love to go to this school! Beautiful campus and awesome faculty.
Congratulations! when did you graduate?

Anyone that submitted late June or early July hear back recently?