2021-2022 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM Clearwater)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know why the application portal does not have all the AACOMAS and LORs complete? I have everything on the aacomas portal so I am pretty confused on how to get that to NSUKPCOM
we don't need to do anything. i think they manually check it off.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
for those who interviewed, did they send you the names of the interviewers before the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the call that my application was complete probably a month or two ago but in my application portal it says my official transcripts have not been received. Should this be something I should contact them about?

I got the call that my application was complete probably a month or two ago but in my application portal it says my official transcripts have not been received. Should this be something I should contact them about?
The same thing shows up for me. I called them and they said not to worry about it.

i’ve been complete since jul 2 and unfortunately have not heard anything

Reactions: 2 users
Is there anyone that completed on or near July 13 that has received an II or still waiting to hear back?

Is there anyone that completed on or near July 13 that has received an II or still waiting to hear back?
I got my complete call around then and haven’t heard anything. A current OMS 1 came in one of the KPCOM threads and said that they didn’t get their first II until November.
I know you’ve probably heard it a million times by now, but we just have to be patient.

the interview is a panel one no MMI right?

Any acceptances so far. I just got an interview invite, and was wondering what the post-interview acceptance rate is.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also for those that have interviewed and/or been accepted, how did you prepare?

Also for those that have interviewed and/or been accepted, how did you prepare?
I looked up as much about the school as I could. I also reviewed my primary and secondary applications. Don't stress too much the whole day is really fun and informative and my interviewers were so so nice. Very conversational.

Any acceptances so far. I just got an interview invite, and was wondering what the post-interview acceptance rate is.
They said that they don't over invite for interviews. They said it was max 1000 for interviews. Seeing as there are 410 seats and you have to account for people not accepting spots it has to be at 50%+ and that is being really conservative.

They said that they don't over invite for interviews. They said it was max 1000 for interviews. Seeing as there are 410 seats and you have to account for people not accepting spots it has to be at 50%+ and that is being really conservative.
I looked up as much about the school as I could. I also reviewed my primary and secondary applications. Don't stress too much the whole day is really fun and informative and my interviewers were so so nice. Very conversational.
Thank you so much for your responses

I applied to this school and submitted a secondary around aug 2nd. However, after realizing that I did not have a required letter of rec, I decided I was no Longer applying to this school. I got calls from them about this like Twice and then eventually got a call they moved my application forward. Got the II last Friday, 17th.

• Haha
I don’t think it’s just higher stats though. I’m mid to low-ish GPA with 90th percentile MCAT and I haven’t heard anything yet. They seem to be very holistic with their review
Agreed, I def don’t have a 90th percentile MCAT and around a 3.38 GPA

they call all applicants to tell them they are under review. I submitted like mid July and got complete call mid Aug and nothing since then
I understand but this was confusing as my portal says I am missing all files and am not complete even though I have been for months

For any current students, I am currently running through the projected cost of attendance at my accepted programs. I saw that NSU projects nearly 15k for books & supplies & 29K for housing?

I wanted to ask how reliable those numbers are? They seem a little inflated, especially on the book/supply front but I am curious what you all think.

For any current students, I am currently running through the projected cost of attendance at my accepted programs. I saw that NSU projects nearly 15k for books & supplies & 29K for housing?

I wanted to ask how reliable those numbers are? They seem a little inflated, especially on the book/supply front but I am curious what you all think.
I was wondering the same thing.. I think the estimated cost of attendance they have listed is like $124,000 a year!! Seems quite high…

Reactions: 1 users

Hi, I can definitely say they are inflated a lot. I have not spent a single dollar on books and the only supplies you will need here are a ipad and laptop. Additionally, I am a Clearwater campus student and pay about $12k annually on housing (I am staying at a luxury apartment complex that most of our class stays at). Depending on your needs, I would say a much better estimated COA would be around $80k.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi, I can definitely say they are inflated a lot. I have not spent a single dollar on books and the only supplies you will need here are a ipad and laptop. Additionally, I am a Clearwater campus student and pay about $12k annually on housing (I am staying at a luxury apartment complex that most of our class stays at). Depending on your needs, I would say a much better estimated COA would be around $80k.

This is amazing! The initial quotes scared me when trying to decide between programs.

I appreciate it a lot.

for those who already had their interview, how did you prepare for it? did you use the questions on sdn only? also since it's gonna be a long day, are there any breaks? and did you ask questions during orientation or did you save them to ask your interviewers?

Hi! I haven't yet! PLEASE let me know when they let you know. only 25 of us that day....
I interviewed 9/2 and they said it would be three weeks. I still haven’t heard anything. I’m guessing maybe they are running behind schedule?

I'm taking a shot in the dark and guessing they're going to be delivering some news next week for us who haven't heard anything yet post-interview, fingers crossed all good news

**Late Post**
Secondary received 7/8, submitted 7/11, marked complete 7/22 (received a phone call and admissions left voicemail), II 8/26, attended 9/16.
Overall long interview but informative and a great experience! The format was 2-on-1, and I believe it was partially open-file; however, I am unsure if it varies for each applicant.
Good luck to everyone applying, and I hope that everyone interviewed receives good news soon! :)

I have been trying to call admissions since last week but all I get is a busy signal. Anyone else experiencing this?

I have been trying to call admissions since last week but all I get is a busy signal. Anyone else experiencing this?
I haven't tried calling recently but a little over a month back I tried calling about the secondary app and was on hold for almost 2 hours until someone finally answered and answered my questions for a WHOLE 30 seconds before hanging up lol. I think your best bet would be to just email. That or you can call and keep your phone nearby while you wait on hold.

**Late Post**
Secondary received 7/8, submitted 7/11, marked complete 7/22 (received a phone call and admissions left voicemail), II 8/26, attended 9/16.
Overall long interview but informative and a great experience! The format was 2-on-1, and I believe it was partially open-file; however, I am unsure if it varies for each applicant.
Good luck to everyone applying, and I hope that everyone interviewed receives good news soon! :)
Is the interview day really 6 hours? It lasted that entire time? Also how long was your actual interview?

Is the interview day really 6 hours? It lasted that entire time? Also how long was your actual interview?
Yes its a very, very long day lol. The whole interview day lasts 6 hours roughly and begins early in the morning 8 AM EST (I am located CST so I had to be logged on zoom by 6:45 AM). The actual interview lasted a little over 30 minutes for me however it varies for each applicant.

Ended up on the alternate list, anyone know how likely it is to get off it?