2021-2022 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, it finally happened. Received a call from Jill yesterday around 4 pm that I was accepted off the waitlist!! 2 years in a row on the waitlist here so this is just surreal for me right now. She did mention she was planning on making some more calls in the coming days as well for what its worth!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Well, it finally happened. Received a call from Jill yesterday around 4 pm that I was accepted off the waitlist!! 2 years in a row on the waitlist here so this is just surreal for me right now. She did mention she was planning on making some more calls in the coming days as well for what its worth!
Glad she’s actually making calls!! I told her when I interviewed a few years ago that calls >emails.

Congrats!!!

Reactions: 1 users
So happy for you! I also got the call last night. The same was mentioned to me, more calls, and she foresees more change in numbers mid may

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can I message you as well with questions?

Reactions: 1 user
So I missed the WL townhall tonight. Anything big come out of it?

The fact that they’ve been so forthcoming with numbers all along.....then to not finalize the decision......is torture.

Has anyone reached out to them to ask if they’re class is full with commits?

Wouldn’t you think they had a modicum of decency to send final decisions if the class was set?
I think the reason they don’t is because they could theoretically have someone drop or defer a year between now and orientation in August. Their waitlist is thinning, so if a spot opened up last minute they would wanna pull someone off of it to ensure they fill their class. Though the vibe I get from recent WL townhalls is that is VERY unlikely though no impossible.

I think the reason they don’t is because they could theoretically have someone drop or defer a year between now and orientation in August. Their waitlist is thinning, so if a spot opened up last minute they would wanna pull someone off of it to ensure they fill their class. Though the vibe I get from recent WL townhalls is that is VERY unlikely though no impossible.
All I’m saying is that an update is indicated….

Well, at tonight’s townhall they report having 144 out of 144 spots filled. So if anyone withdraws, they’ll pull off WL, but the chances are slim. Then again, they have pulled people off in August of years past. Take it as you will.

Clearly done.
Why couldn’t they be humane and say....done.....don’t suffer....move on!

Clearly done.
Why couldn’t they be humane and say....done.....don’t suffer....move on!
Because they aren't. They say they may pull from the WL anytime between tomorrow and Aug 23. If someone withdraws OR defers OR randomly doesn't show up to orientation (which they report hasn't happened in the current leadership's memory), they will pull from the WL. Now, I know their CTE date has come and gone; unless anyone was pulled off the WL in the last week, I'm going to assume all 144 are CTE at Rush. However, let's say there's 50 of us on the WL right now- rough estimate. Well, I'd estimate 20 of them will drop off of it by August 23 due to committing to other schools; I'll be one of them at the end of the week if I'm not pulled off. Now, let's say hypothetically 1 person drops between now and orientation. Well, the WL is unranked; depending on who drops out of the class may determine who the committee pulls off the WL. If med student Johnny drops out, that may mean they pull applicant Jessica from the WL, whereas if med student Rebecca drops, applicant Jeremy is pulled from the WL for example.
My prediction: 1 more space will open up between now and orientation. Someone will have a family emergency, personal emergency, or get a great opportunity and will defer or withdraw. I agree a 1 in 30 shot is a longshot, but one lucky person who right now is thinking all hope is lost this cycle will probably make it between now and then. I don't agree with assuming it is all over right now- sends out the wrong message.

I couldn’t make today’s meeting.....so I didn’t get the exact stats.
My point: CTE is CTE. 144 is 144. Done. Over. Let us know officially.