2021-2022 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anybody sent RMC a letter of intent/update letter post interview? does it play any part in their decision process? I heard that they don't take people off a waitlist so sending it after a waitlist probably doesn't make much sense does it?
I did and still R

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody sent RMC a letter of intent/update letter post interview? does it play any part in their decision process? I heard that they don't take people off a waitlist so sending it after a waitlist probably doesn't make much sense does it?
Someone in my interview group asked that at the conclusion event. Nothing you add now (after your interview) will be reviewed before a decision is given. I’m pretty sure it is because they get in touch with a decision 2-3 weeks post-interview. They did say that it is good to stay in touch if you get accepted (to see if you are planning to enroll) and if you are waitlisted.

Reactions: 1 users
Someone in my interview group asked that at the conclusion event. Nothing you add now (after your interview) will be reviewed before a decision is given. I’m pretty sure it is because they get in touch with a decision 2-3 weeks post-interview. They did say that it is good to stay in touch if you get accepted (to see if you are planning to enroll) and if you are waitlisted.
Got it thanks! Mind if I ask when you interviewed?

Pre-II rejection last night. Good luck to those waiting for a decision or gearing up for their interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone recently have an interview and could share some thoughts about how the questions went? Thank you!

Pre-II R this morning. LM 75, ORM, OOS. Complete early August. I sent 2 different update letters with new publications throughout the cycle

• Care
I assumed that I got the R, at least in part, because I live far out. I get the feeling they want people with ties to the area. Could be very wrong of course.

Hi! I’m on the waitlist here and I was wondering if there was a priority and regular waitlist? I emailed admissions and she said the waitlist was unranked but people here are talking about there being a priority waitlist so I’m a little confused.

Hi! I’m on the waitlist here and I was wondering if there was a priority and regular waitlist? I emailed admissions and she said the waitlist was unranked but people here are talking about there being a priority waitlist so I’m a little confused.
The waitlist is not ranked but they said a few people are on the priority waitlist. It would be stated in the email if you're on priority. From what I heard, those on the priority list get looked at first, and then the rest get looked at.

Anybody else survive the last Pre-II R purge but still has no news about an II?

Can you speak about your interview experience? Thank you

Can you speak about your interview experience? Thank you
I have not heard back post-II but I think it went pretty well. You always hear, “Be yourself, they are only trying to get to know you”, but it truly is like that here. All of my interviewers made jokes and made it seem very casual. The situational interview has some tough questions, but if you are honest, and authentic without saying anything that is an obvious red flag, I think you will be do more than fine. The one on one interview was really chill, we spent 10 minutes talking about a shared hobby, the rest were some generic/tough questions and the opportunity for me to ask a lot of questions. Rush makes you have a special place in your heart for them after the interview experience.

I have not heard back post-II but I think it went pretty well. You always hear, “Be yourself, they are only trying to get to know you”, but it truly is like that here. All of my interviewers made jokes and made it seem very casual. The situational interview has some tough questions, but if you are honest, and authentic without saying anything that is an obvious red flag, I think you will be do more than fine. The one on one interview was really chill, we spent 10 minutes talking about a shared hobby, the rest were some generic/tough questions and the opportunity for me to ask a lot of questions. Rush makes you have a special place in your heart for them after the interview experience.
Thank you and good luck!

Did anyone go to the waitlist town hall? And if so did they say anything meaningful lol?

Just put on the WL, interviewed 02/09
I just refreshed my email and same! Got hit with a WL. Initiating panic mode as this is my second post ii WL and I have 2 more schools I’m waiting on. This is my top choice however, so here comes a weekend of tears 😭

I just refreshed my email and same! Got hit with a WL. Initiating panic mode as this is my second post ii WL and I have 2 more schools I’m waiting on. This is my top choice however, so here comes a weekend of tears 😭
Ahh noo, it could be worse! A WL still means they liked us a lot, just want to see how things shake out the rest of the cycle first. If they didn't want us, we'd have gotten the R! Have faith, it'll all work out!

Ahh noo, it could be worse! A WL still means they liked us a lot, just want to see how things shake out the rest of the cycle first. If they didn't want us, we'd have gotten the R! Have faith, it'll all work out!
Yea it just last year there was no movement and it quite hard to continue working and volunteering in spaces were all my peers have multiple As and I’m the only reapplicant on staff who still hasn’t gotten in yet. I just wanted to be able to breathe and be like okay someone wants me. So far 2/4 interviews have been waitlist and it’s almost March. It’s just really hard and I don’t think I can reapply again because I don’t want to keep my life on hold. Will work on writing a LOI and eating ice cream this weekend

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
So nervous as I’m supposed to hear back next week. The further I get away from the interview date, the worse I feel like I did! Have there been any rejections reported post interview?

Accepted today! My first acceptance! Seven interviews later, and being ghosted/waitlisted by most of them I can finally say I am going to be a doctor!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
So nervous as I’m supposed to hear back next week. The further I get away from the interview date, the worse I feel like I did! Have there been any rejections reported post interview?
Feeling the same way!

Just got pulled off the waitlist and accepted last night

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users
Just got pulled off the waitlist and accepted last night
Wow congratulations! Where you regular WL or HPWL? This is surprising- apparently this is the first time they’ve used their WL in 3 years.