2021-2022 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow congratulations! Where you regular WL or HPWL? This is surprising- apparently this is the first time they’ve used their WL in 3 years.
IDK which one is which.

Interview was early JAN.

Mid feb I got this:
After careful consideration and thorough review of your application to Rush Medical College, the Admissions Selection Committee would like to extend to you a position on our 2022 waitlist.

Early march I got this:
The Admissions Selection Committee would like to extend to you an offer of acceptance to Rush Medical College.

Quick waitlist, lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
IDK which one is which.

Interview was early JAN.

Mid feb I got this:
After careful consideration and thorough review of your application to Rush Medical College, the Admissions Selection Committee would like to extend to you a position on our 2022 waitlist.

Early march I got this:
The Admissions Selection Committee would like to extend to you an offer of acceptance to Rush Medical College.

Quick waitlist, lol.
It sounds like a standard (quick) WL lol. But you know what, it doesn't matter: you're gonna be a doctor! Congratulations.

Reactions: 1 users
Chimming in late to say I was pulled off waitlist Friday as well. super excited as this is my first acceptance and top choice. Happy the waitlist was only two weeks long here as I wasn’t expecting to hear until May.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any current Rush medical students who would be willing to speak with me and answer a couple of questions? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Reactions: 1 user
Also for those who got off waitlist did you see the change in CYMS tool yet? I’m quite eager to hit the plan to enroll option.

Also for those who got off waitlist did you see the change in CYMS tool yet? I’m quite eager to hit the plan to enroll option.
If this is your first acceptance it takes a couple of days to have the tool update, subsequent acceptances come quicker (before you even get an email/call that you are accepted). This is based on my personal experience with the service…

Any current Rush medical students who would be willing to speak with me and answer a couple of questions? I'd greatly appreciate it!
Current student here. Feel free to message me any questions you have!

Congrats to you guys getting accepted off the waitlist, that is amazing news. But I can't help being kinda disappointed though considering I was put on the priority waitlist in October, for the second year in a row, and people getting regular waitlisted in February are getting in before me...Obviously very happy for you guys/gals but wow does this put me in a down mood, Rush has been my top choice 2 years in a row now. :/

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to you guys getting accepted off the waitlist, that is amazing news. But I can't help being kinda disappointed though considering I was put on the priority waitlist in October, for the second year in a row, and people getting regular waitlisted in February are getting in before me...Obviously very happy for you guys/gals but wow does this put me in a down mood, Rush has been my top choice 2 years in a row now. :/
I’m praying that this time it will work out for you! Last year they didn’t take from the waitlist so this year I think they will especially with how much movement just happened after the CYMS tool became available.

I wonder if they'll start sending out waitlist acceptances every Friday as they become available. Esp because they've been done interviewing for a while now and sent out last batch of interview decisions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who's been accepted sent in a financial aid negotiation letter? I received a scholarship from another MD school and I want to see if they'll match it or at least offer something but I'm scared of coming across as entitled or pushy :(

Has anyone who's been accepted sent in a financial aid negotiation letter? I received a scholarship from another MD school and I want to see if they'll match it or at least offer something but I'm scared of coming across as entitled or pushy :(
How long after your acceptance did you get the financial aid letter? Do they let you know of scholarships through that or when you get your acceptance?

So yesterday's waitlist town hall session confused me a bit. She said that they're still a ways off from getting below their targeted 144 class size as of now, and they will not accept anyone off the waitlist until they get below 144. This is confusing because just last week, 3 people in here commented that they were accepted off the waitlist...So I'm just not sure what to make of this haha.

So yesterday's waitlist town hall session confused me a bit. She said that they're still a ways off from getting below their targeted 144 class size as of now, and they will not accept anyone off the waitlist until they get below 144. This is confusing because just last week, 3 people in here commented that they were accepted off the waitlist...So I'm just not sure what to make of this haha.
I’m not on waitlist but it could be them waiting for April 15th. People with more than 3 acceptances have to narrow down then so there should be movement then. Can also say April 8th is notification of scholarship so anticipate some movement then too.

Probably means they're meeting to discuss who they will accept once spots become available.

Sounds like those people found out quickly after getting waitlisted, may have been on a shortlist of sorts.

Does anyone know if Rush has class rank? I saw that M1 is p/f with some M2 classes being H/P/F but that was from a document from 2017.

Does anyone know if Rush has class rank? I saw that M1 is p/f with some M2 classes being H/P/F but that was from a document from 2017.
I believe it is comprised of 20% preclinical 80% clinical and then put into like quartiles? This is purely based off memory so I'm only 90% sure

Just withdrew my acceptance. Hope one of you on the waitlist gets some good news soon.

Reactions: 7 users
Can anyone who was able to go to the waitlist townhall yesterday give a brief update please? :)

I didn't see an email about the waitlist townhall meeting. Could someone please tell us what they said last night and what the status of the waitlist is?

I didn't get a waitlist townhall email either, was there one? What did they say?

I didn't get a waitlist townhall email either, was there one? What did they say?
I totally forgot. It was part of 2nd look month’s events, and I was super busy yesterday. Whoops!

Lol why does she care if it’s posted on SDN ?

Lol why does she care if it’s posted on SDN ?
I think it's unfair that some individuals were not invited to the event and cannot be told through SDN the information.
As an accepted applicant I will try to give some insight.
There were some scholarships that were given out this past week and there was some movement in the Facebook group and GroupMe (mostly people leaving the groups, I am assuming because they did not get the scholarship and have better offers elsewhere). I know there has been chatter at some events that people are still considering other schools to attend. On the other hand, a lot of students have committed and have explicitly stated so.
Take this information as you will, but I hope to give some waitlisted students at least some information because I am sure that position sucks.
I will be making my decision in the next few days and with AMCAS traffic rules I hope yall get clarity soon.

yes or no question. is there likely to be waitlist movement or not? no other information needs to be given.

yes or no question. is there likely to be waitlist movement or not? no other information needs to be given.
I don’t think anyone can really answer that question except for admissions. However as an accepted applicant in the GroupMe and Facebook there have been quite a few people who dropped out after scholarships were distributed. It’s possible that there may be movement but we won’t know for sure until May. I was actually taken off of waitlist last month so it could be that there are people coming off and not posting. Like there were people dropping out in high volume after scholarships went out last week, so there might be some movement if not some happening already. Not everyone will post about it on SDN as it’s is risky and I think the paranoia of admissions being like hmm we let 5 people off waitlist and 3 post went up on SDN who could those folks be. I know I was paranoid and a little bit worried to post about my acceptance off waitlist which is why I waited for others to post before sharing last month.

I think it's unfair that some individuals were not invited to the event and cannot be told through SDN the information.
As an accepted applicant I will try to give some insight.
There were some scholarships that were given out this past week and there was some movement in the Facebook group and GroupMe (mostly people leaving the groups, I am assuming because they did not get the scholarship and have better offers elsewhere). I know there has been chatter at some events that people are still considering other schools to attend. On the other hand, a lot of students have committed and have explicitly stated so.
Take this information as you will, but I hope to give some waitlisted students at least some information because I am sure that position sucks.
I will be making my decision in the next few days and with AMCAS traffic rules I hope yall get clarity soon.
I know it's so competitive and so hard and I do sympathize. These are just some of my thoughts on what you're discussing here.
There's a chance that this event might be just for people very high on the wait list and that not all WL people were meant to go to the meeting. Was it a chance for these folks to ask some questions and hear details on the school's process, and could it have likewise been one more chance for the school to see how a WL candidate acts, speaks, and comports themselves?

I have seen on other threads that always comparing "your" emails to someone else's only causes more stress and unhappiness, as emails may be worded differently for a reason. I think it's more helpful to read your own emails carefully and to the end, and ask questions directly to the school if something is unclear.

There was no special invite and this month there was no email….. I was just preregistered from previous times. We’ve been able to register for all townhalls since the beginning.

There was no special invite and this month there was no email….. I was just preregistered from previous times. We’ve been able to register for all townhalls since the beginning.
So just to confirm, you’re talking about the second look month events?

there is no top secret info. Trust me. But I will respect the request from admissions.

Hears my guess: just like every year for the past 3 years class is full and they’ll have to wait until some withdraw before thinking about WL

Assuming no calls yet from ADCOM? My friends are getting As right and left today from other schools and I’m feeling anxious lol

Well if the facebook group is any accurate indication of class size, then they've dipped below 144.... or at least may be close.

Assuming that the facebook group is exact (don't know for sure), there would be 9 spots for waitlist people since 4 of the people included in that number are group administrators