2021-2022 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
can anyone talk about the situational interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted just now!

Edit: Interviewed 10/13

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
can anyone talk about the situational interview?
It was very low-stress and conversational : the questions were more guided to see how you would handle hypothetical situations, not an MMI at all

Anyone go to the pre-interview social hour? Wondering what it's like and how people were dressed lol thanks!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Do they post who your interviewers are going to be on Thalamus before the interview day? If so what time was that posted for you guys?

Do they post who your interviewers are going to be on Thalamus before the interview day? If so what time was that posted for you guys?
mine was like 7pm EST

Accepted just now! Interviewed 10/20 :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, congrats to everyone whose been accepted/received an II! I was wondering if Rush sends pre-interview Rs and just generally when I should start getting worried about continued silence from the school. My application was complete 7/17 and I have a LM of 69, its dumb to ask this but should I keep holding onto hope? lol

Reactions: 8 users
Hi everyone, congrats to everyone whose been accepted/received an II! I was wondering if Rush sends pre-interview Rs and just generally when I should start getting worried about continued silence from the school. My application was complete 7/17 and I have a LM of 69, its dumb to ask this but should I keep holding onto hope? lol
same complete date and stats, wondering the same thing

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys. I got an email from Rush saying they are continuing to view my profile. Is this good bad or nothing at all.

Attachments

• 1DABF5D3-3AB9-404B-AE3A-4EC6BC0261C6.png
    1DABF5D3-3AB9-404B-AE3A-4EC6BC0261C6.png
    171.4 KB · Views: 348
  • 74759E7F-BC62-4243-B9D4-2157CAC9D5ED.jpeg
    74759E7F-BC62-4243-B9D4-2157CAC9D5ED.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 334
Hey guys. I got an email from Rush saying they are continuing to view my profile. Is this good bad or nothing at all.
I received the same email, and two weeks later I received an II. I think it’s just a courtesy email. Not a bad thing.

Reactions: 3 users
I think I got that email along with a bunch of other people on 10/5. Haven't heard anything since but wasn't expecting it yet either. I think the reason some people are getting it now is because they were complete later. Probably a courtesy thing for everyone since they get so many apps

Interviewed 10/27 and waitlisted. Does anyone know how much waitlist movement rush has in a typical year?

Interviewed 10/27 and waitlisted. Does anyone know how much waitlist movement rush has in a typical year?
Unfortunately, the last 2 years there has not been much movement from the waitlist. Were you priority or regular waitlisted?

Unfortunately, the last 2 years there has not been much movement from the waitlist. Were you priority or regular waitlisted?
Looking at my email there’s no mention of the waitlist being priority so I’m going to assume I’m on the regular waitlist. While upsetting to hear, I’m happy for everyone else who may have been accepted!

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed 10/27, accepted 11/12! Still doesn't feel real. My first MD acceptance after a re-app. So thankful and excited about a school as great as Rush!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Did anyone have an update tab pop up post-interview on their portal? Or was that there before lol am I being paranoid?

Last edited:
Oh shoot, I totally missed the waitlist townhall tonight. Anyone that attended able to shed some light on what's going on right now? Any numbers or statistics that are important to know? Thanks.

I'm OOR who's secondary was submitted almost three months ago. Do you think it is safe to assume this is an R at this point?

Anyone else on hold with Rush? I've been accepted to 3 MD schools so far, but Rush is one of the few schools that I would still take an interview with if given the opportunity. Is it worth sending an update letter?

Anyone else on hold with Rush? I've been accepted to 3 MD schools so far, but Rush is one of the few schools that I would still take an interview with if given the opportunity. Is it worth sending an update letter?
You are on hold? I didn't know anyone was on hold here

You are on hold? I didn't know anyone was on hold here
My lingo may be wrong. But I have not been invited to interview, but have also not been outright rejected. So I assume my app is still in the pile for consideration. Whatever the term for that would be.

My lingo may be wrong. But I have not been invited to interview, but have also not been outright rejected. So I assume my app is still in the pile for consideration. Whatever the term for that would be.
Yes same.

Better said, holding onto hope for an interview

I'm planning to send in a pre-interview update letter. I saw one of the options in the portal is a "narrative." I don't really know what that means in terms of update letters, but I think that's the closest option for my update. Any suggestions?

I'm planning to send in a pre-interview update letter. I saw one of the options in the portal is a "narrative." I don't really know what that means in terms of update letters, but I think that's the closest option for my update. Any suggestions?
I did the same thing yesterday. I am assuming "narrative" is the closest option to "update"