2021-2022 TCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Serious question. Why is tuition at TCU so high compared to TMDSAS schools? Baylor is also private, but tuition is comparable to other TMDSAS schools...

Members don't see this ad.

Serious question. Why is tuition at TCU so high compared to TMDSAS schools? Baylor is also private, but tuition is comparable to other TMDSAS schools...
It is not state-subsidized as most of the public schools are. Tuition at SHSU and UIWSOM are similar

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when the last date of updates they send out is?

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who got accepted, did you feel like you bombed your MMIs? I had a recent interview and my anxiety is at an all time high. I keep replying questions in my head and finding ways that I could’ve been better. There were 1-2 stations that really tripped me up too so it’s all nerve racking

• Care
For anyone who got accepted, did you feel like you bombed your MMIs? I had a recent interview and my anxiety is at an all time high. I keep replying questions in my head and finding ways that I could’ve been better. There were 1-2 stations that really tripped me up too so it’s all nerve racking
Current student and I felt that I did not do too hot on a few stations but I am here. Sometimes we are the worst at judging ourselves so give yourself some grace and hope that helps!

Reactions: 2 users
Is there a group/page for accepted students?

Good luck to all waiting for decisions today. May we all receive that A,. :) Please post so we know

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Seems suspiciously quiet in here

Reactions: 8 users
Is there a group/page for accepted students?
Hey! There is a facebook page! If you look at your portal there is a facebook link at the bottom of one of the pages. Message me if you need help finding!!

Seems suspiciously quiet in here
I wonder if they're having a very long deliberation today, it happened before new year's that someone got a call at nearly 7pm Central. I haven't gotten CC email yet and no call today (I've been CC X6.) Best of luck all!

Reactions: 5 users
I wonder if they're having a very long deliberation today, it happened before new year's that someone got a call at nearly 7pm Central. I haven't gotten CC email yet and no call today (I've been CC X6.) Best of luck all!
Good to know, thanks!

Past couple of release dates, there haven't been many acceptances, I think. Before, it seems it was really active.

Reactions: 1 users
CCx2 had to leave my phone at home and go to the gym because how anxious I was haha. Glad to still be in the running tho!

Also CC x1. It seems like everyone is either getting rejected or placed on the waitlist now and no one is really getting accepted. Hopefully, people with multiple acceptances start narrowing their choices over the next few weeks.

Also CC x1. It seems like everyone is either getting rejected or placed on the waitlist now and no one is really getting accepted. Hopefully, people with multiple acceptances start narrowing their choices over the next few weeks.
This Saturday is the first day for AMCAS users to "plan to enroll" so hopefully we will see more A's soon. Keep the faith friends! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Current MS1. For those of you on the CC train: people do get accepted! YMMV, but I was CC'd 9 or 10 times before I was accepted in late May. I have a feeling that many in-state students hold acceptances at private Texas schools until they know they won't be accepted at a state school (because the tuition difference is so large).

Just a little nugget of hope for you guys. I know how hard the wait is, and I'm rooting for you!

Reactions: 7 users
Is it still possible to receive an interview invite? I was looking at last year's page and saw someone post about receiving an interview invite in march. Finished secondary in July but still haven't heard anything, no rejection no invite.

Is it still possible to receive an interview invite? I was looking at last year's page and saw someone post about receiving an interview invite in march. Finished secondary in July but still haven't heard anything, no rejection no invite.
Same story here. Maybe we will hear more post-match day/ winter storm

Out of curiosity do they send pre II R’s? I’ve been looking through the feed and only see post II R’s

Out of curiosity do they send pre II R’s? I’ve been looking through the feed and only see post II R’s
Yes they do. A few people in the thread have posted they received pre II Rs.

I'm not sure if they are giving out anymore interviews but they have two more decisions days: 3/04 and 03/18 which means they only have one interview day left (the interviewees for the 3/04 decision dates should have been interviewed already)

Then if you're still on the CC list, they start taking people off as seats open up.

Last edited by a moderator:
If any prospective students have questions for current students, feel free to ask here (or DM me). Happy to elaborate on living in Fort Worth, moving OOS, curriculum, community engagement, pros/cons of being a new school, etc.

So could the AMCAS choose your medical school tool possibly free up spots in the class? Like do other schools know when an applicant chooses another school?

So could the AMCAS choose your medical school tool possibly free up spots in the class? Like do other schools know when an applicant chooses another school?
A school can see "oh look, 10 people have selected PTE and 5 have selected CTE to our school".
They can't see which people those are, just the numbers.
Spots will more likely be freed up by people narrowing down their options towards late April/May.

Reactions: 3 users
A school can see "oh look, 10 people have selected PTE and 5 have selected CTE to our school".
They can't see which people those are, just the numbers.
Spots will more likely be freed up by people narrowing down their options towards late April/May.
I just want to clarify so that I am not missing anything. I am currently an accepted student and the only available option on AMCAS is "Plan to Enroll" on my end. I believe the "Commit to Enroll" does not become available until April 30. But please correct me if I'm wrong so that I can contact someone about this. Thanks!

I just want to clarify so that I am not missing anything. I am currently an accepted student and the only available option on AMCAS is "Plan to Enroll" on my end. I believe the "Commit to Enroll" does not become available until April 30. But please correct me if I'm wrong so that I can contact someone about this. Thanks!
you're correct - for now you may choose one PTE school. If you get accepted somewhere else in a while and want to change your PTE to that new school, you can do that. If you haven't made up your mind at this point, don't enter anything yet :)

If this is okay to ask,

How many questions are asked in the interview?
Is there anything I need to prepare for on the Friday portion of the interviews (besides watching the videos)?

Thank you! Good luck everyone!

good luck to all of us waiting for a decision today 🙂

Reactions: 5 users
Should we expect much movement this week, or should we expect the big movement to be next decision day since it’s the last one?

Should we expect much movement this week, or should we expect the big movement to be next decision day since it’s the last one?
I feel like the most movement will be seen in late April/May after students have committed to enroll at one school ( the deadline for that is April 30). TCU will probably have more seats open then. This doesn't mean people won't get off the waitlist before then but the seats open might not be much.