2021-2022 Waitlist Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well guys, it looks like I didn't get off a waitlist for this cycle yet. BUT I got a deferred acceptance off of my ideal waitlist school for 2023! So I get to take a year off and still end up being a doctor after all, I'll take it!

Thank you all so much for being here. You all seem like really kind people, and reading your comments really helped me get through this tough time in my life. I hope everyone left is able to get in somewhere this cycle, and the best of luck to anyone reapplying.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
Well guys, it looks like I didn't get off a waitlist for this cycle yet. BUT I got a deferred acceptance off of my ideal waitlist school for 2023! So I get to take a year off and still end up being a doctor after all, I'll take it!

Thank you all so much for being here. You all seem like really kind people, and reading your comments really helped me get through this tough time in my life. I hope everyone left is able to get in somewhere this cycle, and the best of luck to anyone reapplying.
Good luck & take care

Reactions: 1 user

Congrats!!!!

I'm always really curious when I hear about this sort of thing - did you reach out to the school in some way to prompt getting the deferred acceptance, or did they out of nowhere offer it to you?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I finally got off of a waitlist just a couple days ago, 10 days before orientation, so stay hopeful!!
Thanks. My daughter finally got of a WL yesterday. Thanks for your support. Good luck to you guys. Keep hoping.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Congrats!!!!

I'm always really curious when I hear about this sort of thing - did you reach out to the school in some way to prompt getting the deferred acceptance, or did they out of nowhere offer it to you?
It was out of nowhere. I sent an update letter in May but never had any correspondence with them afterward. I honestly assumed I was out, and was mostly waiting for and reaching out to another school I was high priority for. When I saw the subject line I assumed it was a rejection and was going to skip over it, until I saw the "However..."

Reactions: 2 users
It was out of nowhere. I sent an update letter in May but never had any correspondence with them afterward. I honestly assumed I was out, and was mostly waiting for and reaching out to another school I was high priority for. When I saw the subject line I assumed it was a rejection and was going to skip over it, until I saw the "However..."
Ahhh that's so exciting!! I wish you all the best

Reactions: 1 user