2021-2022 Waitlist Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where did you get this information? That is obviously not only lower than last years record breaking cycle but also the cycle BEFORE.

Source:
Table 1: Applicants, Matriculants, Enrollment, and Graduates of U.S. MD-Granting Medical Schools, 2012-2013 through 2021-2022

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Well guys. I did it. Just got accepted to my top choice MD program. I was in a really dark place this past year with a lot of self-doubt. I was not the most competitive applicant either. Just goes to show anything is possible. My advice would be not to give up and do as much as you possibly can to advocate for yourself if permitted-- whether that be letters, updates, etc. Please don't give up hope guys :)

Edit: Thank you so much for all the support. Been lurking on this thread a long time and it was really refreshing to see how much love is in this community. I know in my heart you'll all become fantastic doctors :)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 35 users
Members don't see this ad :)
longtime lurker... grateful to be pte to a school but am on wl for my top choice T_T both have same cte deadline and there's 2 weeks left. how's everyone holding up

Reactions: 3 users
Praying to all the gods that I get accepted to my state school. Please. Manifest Monday!!!!!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
...now I believe anything is possible. I received an acceptance call this morning to a school that rejected me post-interview...
I AM GOING TO BE A DOCTOR. I'm still in shock and super excited. Best of luck for those still waiting *fingers crossed*

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 29 users
...now I believe anything is possible. I received an acceptance call this morning to a school that rejected me post-interview...
I AM GOING TO BE A DOCTOR. I'm still in shock and super excited. Best of luck for those still waiting *fingers crossed*
Whaaaa conGRATS!! Do u really mean rejection turned into acceptance or rejection from previous year??

hey all, sorry to detract from everyone's manifestations but does anyone know any active SDN or reddit threads about the AAMC SJT / PREview exam?

I'm trying to prepare my reapp as I sit on a few WLs, and I could use some advice on retaking SJT/PREview scores
i've been out of the loop for a bit, so i'm not sure if there is an unofficial score range to shoot for
if anyone could weigh in, that would be awesome

hey all, sorry to detract from everyone's manifestations but does anyone know any active SDN or reddit threads about the AAMC SJT / PREview exam?

I'm trying to prepare my reapp as I sit on a few WLs, and I could use some advice on retaking SJT/PREview scores
i've been out of the loop for a bit, so i'm not sure if there is an unofficial score range to shoot for
if anyone could weigh in, that would be awesome
Here's a thread about it, and the latest post called "podcast episode" I thought was the most helpful.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Whaaaa conGRATS!! Do u really mean rejection turned into acceptance or rejection from previous year??
Yes! I was initially denied at the start of 2022 but then received the call yesterday! Crazy stuff lol

• Love
  • Care
Members don't see this ad :)
DAY 1939291934 of manisfestation!!!!! Lol PLEASE INSTATE SCHOOL SAVE ME $$$

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I GOT OFF A WL WTFFFFF I don't even know how to process this

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 26 users
Here for one more manifestation before I start pre-writing secondaries :')

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Today is my BDAY, and it would be the best gift to get off the WL from an IS school. 🤞🏽
YALL even tho I didn’t get it on my Bday, but I got the call today (a month later).

Feel blessed 😍😍

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
There is no hope left but Pleaseee manifest Thursday I hope I get into my state school. It's the most financially feasible option!!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Primary submission goes out tomorrow. Pain.
Why not look at it as an opportunity for a fresh start? Assuming you did what you needed to do to address any gaps in your application, it's like a sports team addressing deficiencies in their roster before a new season begins. Good luck!! No pain -- that's just not a healthy way to start a cycle!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Manifesting really hard. My WL school seems to release their WL movement results once a week, so patience is a virtue. But it's been hard.

• Care
Why not look at it as an opportunity for a fresh start? Assuming you did what you needed to do to address any gaps in your application, it's like a sports team addressing deficiencies in their roster before a new season begins. Good luck!! No pain -- that's just not a healthy way to start a cycle!
I agree, this is the right approach for the reapplicants on this forum.

That being said, this is my 3rd application cycle, and I am very exhausted lol

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I agree, this is the right approach for the reapplicants on this forum.

That being said, this is my 3rd application cycle, and I am very exhausted lol
It'll be my 3rd as well if I don't get off this WL. Good luck to you and I in this following cycle.

• Love
3rd time's the charm buddy. Good Luck!
Third time applicant here! Finally got in this cycle. Please do NOT get burned and keep trying for as long as you want it! Good luck <3

• Love
I just got the A in the mail!!! I submitted like 3 secondaries this morning, so thats 300 bucks I'll never get back, but I COULD NOT CARE LESS!!!!

Good luck to everyone. You guys will all be doctors one day. The struggle sucks, but that letter makes it ALL worth it!

• Love
Reactions: 34 users
Got my 1 A to my top school yesterday during lunchtime at work. I cried like a baby when I got the call but I didn't care. I'm going to become a doctor and I couldn't be more excited. Hope more people keep getting off their WL’s. You all deserve this 🙏

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 21 users
last week before orientation of the new class, losing so much hope but I have the hope of a mustard seed hopefully something good happens

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
So if people are still getting off the waitlist at this point, this means that accepted folks who previously selected Commit to Enroll stayed on waitlists and then uncommitted even though it’s ‘illegal’?

So if people are still getting off the waitlist at this point, this means that accepted folks who previously selected Commit to Enroll stayed on waitlists and then uncommitted even though it’s ‘illegal’?
OR, the school's CTE date has not yet rolled around, OR everyone who was PTE did not select CTE at the deadline, OR someone requested and received a deferral, OR someone just got cold feet and withdrew without going somewhere else, etc., etc.!

Lots of possibilities besides someone breaking a commitment, which, of course, is always a possibility, but would require another AMCAS school to be a complicit partner, since they would have to agree to enroll someone knowing that they are committed elsewhere. For that reason this is far from the first thing I would assume, since most schools would want nothing to do with this.

Reactions: 1 users
Please help me understand, do the MD schools see if someone on their waitlist commited to a DO school as well or they only see this for other MD commitment? Thanks
Only MD. DO is a totally different system (AACOMAS) that does not coordinate in any way with AMCAS.

I'm on 2 WL and both have sent me a "still interested in the WL?" email fairly recently, but neither have sent an A. Hoping for the best, but working on secondaries for the next cycle. Y'all have helped me a ton these past few months though!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Once again praying for an A 🥹🥹🥹 please please please someone…anyone

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Got the call this morning. At last, I can say: I'm going to be a doctor!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 23 users
Got a call this morning too 🥹🥹

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
are the chances of getting off a waitlist after a school's cte deadline nonexistent? curious how/why there are stories of students getting in like a week before classes

are the chances of getting off a waitlist after a school's cte deadline nonexistent? curious how/why there are stories of students getting in like a week before classes
There are also stories of people winning Powerball. It happens. Powerball is more rare than than getting in a week before classes, but, still. You shouldn't count on either.

The CTE deadline is a big nothing at most schools. All that happens is that the remaining people, who were hoping to be called off someone else's WL, flip from PTE to CTE when it doesn't happen.

Every year, a few people just don't show up to orientation, or were holding undisclosed multiple As all along, because at least one of their schools did not require a PTE selection, and drop one at the very end. But keep in mind, this is not a few people at each school. This is a few people spread across 22,000+ people entering all MD schools.

So it's more than an urban legend, but it is exceedingly rare. The vast majority of schools now have their classes settled. A few, like, apparently, Drexel and West Virginia, are still shaking out, as are some DO schools. It's not over until you are formally notified that it is over, but, realistically, it's now over for most people at most schools.

First time post in this thread. Hope my daughter get off WL this coming week. So depressed!

Reactions: 3 users
First time post in this thread. Hope my daughter get off WL this coming week. So depressed!
I finally got off of a waitlist just a couple days ago, 10 days before orientation, so stay hopeful!!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users