2022-2023 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the call today around 1pm PST! Good luck to everyone else on the waitlist! Hope you get the good news soon!
Congrats! Did u send an LOI saying ud turn down an A?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
No other As, I'm only on one other WL. I sent in a LOI yesterday just saying I would come if accepted
In the original email for the WL it says to not send any LOI unless you’re holding other acceptances. Am I misunderstanding lol.

In the original email for the WL it says to not send any LOI unless you’re holding other acceptances. Am I misunderstanding lol.
My email just said you may submit an LOI on or after April 30th and I saw past sdn threads saying anyone can submit regardless of other acceptances so I just thought I’d shoot my shot and it payed off so I don’t think it matters ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My email just said you may submit an LOI on or after April 30th and I saw past sdn threads saying anyone can submit regardless of other acceptances so I just thought I’d shoot my shot and it payed off so I don’t think it matters ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
did you get an email a couple days ago about an LOI like how other people did?

Just got accepted off the waitlist today. I received the call from Dean Arias at around 3:00. Wishing you all the best!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we think the class is full? Obviously SDN isn’t fully representative but it’s been very quiet.

Reactions: 1 user
I got a call on 5/2 that I wasn’t able to answer and got another one asking if I was still interested. Not sure if anyone else got that call but Dr. Arias made it seem like they wouldn’t be accepting anymore off the waitlist until there was some movement.
Congrats! And thank you for responding. Not having any idea what’s going on regarding movement and offers made just makes the wait worse.

Last edited:
Thanks. Couldn’t agree more. Didn’t think they called applicants to ask them if they were interested, so I thought I was in for a sec. Keeping hopes high for everyone though!
Did you submit a Letter of Intent? hoping they get more waitlist movement soon 🥹

:( do we think there will be more movement?
My guess is it will be people getting accepted like one at a time as people get in off other waitlist, defer, etc. because it seems like the class is full right now. Just spit balling though.

Last edited:
I received an email yesterday at 6pm stating the following:

"We are happy to have met you this interview cycle and hope that you also enjoyed your interview day with us. I am writing to let you know, however, that the incoming class has been filled and thus I must vacate your position on the waitlist.

On behalf of the faculty and students here at Keck, we thank you for applying to USC."

I sent a letter of intent on 05/05/23. Good luck to all!

• Care

"We are happy to have met you this interview cycle and hope that you also enjoyed your interview day with us. I am writing to let you know, however, that the incoming class has been filled and thus I must vacate your position on the waitlist.

On behalf of the faculty and students here at Keck, we thank you for applying to USC."

Sorry to hear that, but thanks for the transparency!

So does this mean the ppl who didn’t get an A or a R are gonna be rejected..? Or deferred? Or possibly accepted..? What the hell are we supposed to do..
Maybe they are going to reject people in batches just in case people with A's defer or choose go somewhere else in the next couple months? Seems like the most logical thing to me. Not to be pessimistic...

• Sad

I sent them a LOI the exact same day.

They told me I'd get an update email if my status changed.

Did they just feel bad telling me straight up? :p

Got the call on Monday! Seems like a few people were also added to the Facebook group recently.

Reactions: 4 users
I also got the call a few days ago, but will be turning it down, although I really liked Keck! I didn't get a call asking if I was interested, but I got an email asking if I wanted to remain on the WL 2 weeks ago (I didn't send a LOI) It's pretty interesting you got called to be asked if you were interested--hopefully that means something good your way. I really really hope you hear good news soon--rooting for you!!
Congrats! Did you get a call before this asking if you were still interested?

I also got the call a few days ago, but will be turning it down, although I really liked Keck! I didn't get a call asking if I was interested, but I got an email asking if I wanted to remain on the WL 2 weeks ago (I didn't send a LOI) It's pretty interesting you got called to be asked if you were interested--hopefully that means something good your way. I really really hope you hear good news soon--rooting for you!!
Congrats and thanks for sharing! I have been very confused by the entire situation but am still holding on to hope. It seems like my experience was unique… I really love keck and am only on other waitlists with no other A’s, so I am hoping that I hear some news soon before I have to fully go back to the drawing board and reapply for next cycle. Good luck in your future endeavors and maybe I can take your A😉!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
How long did they give you to make a decision?

Close family friend recently accepted. Quick question for anyone who knows: do they give out small scholarships to some/most students to offset the tuition? I know some schools do this where everyone gets a 5-10k scholarship

Close family friend recently accepted. Quick question for anyone who knows: do they give out small scholarships to some/most students to offset the tuition? I know some schools do this where everyone gets a 5-10k scholarship
I have a relative in attendance and they got off the waitlist a few years back. USC does not appear to do this. Your best bet is to apply for university sponsored or private scholarships and hope you’re lucky enough to receive one/some for that steep tuition

Last edited:
In the past, they’ve given out deferred acceptances, does anyone have any idea when that’s expected to happen this year?

In the past, they’ve given out deferred acceptances, does anyone have any idea when that’s expected to happen this year?
I am not sure about this. But I did defer my acceptance to pursue a masters program that I already planned on doing because I got off the WL so late. Good luck to everyone else still waiting. Hopefully I opened up at least one spot for y’all!

• Care
is anyone still on the alternate list? if so, do you know whether the class is full/whether there will be anymore movement?

I'm still waiting. This whole process has sucked the life out of me. I'm on 3 waitlists with no acceptances, so I'm in the process of reapplying and prewriting secondaries but still holding out hope for an acceptance or deferred admission offer. I've been refreshing the SDN pages for the schools I'm waitlisted at 10x a day for the last 2 months. Anyone else confused/frustrated that their app must have been decently strong to get an interview at Keck but for some reason wasn't good enough for an acceptance at any of the many med schools they applied to? And I feel like if I bombed the interview or had some major red flag I would have gotten rejections already, but who knows. If I ultimately end with all rejections this cycle, part of me wishes that I never received interview offers in the first place so I would have strengthened my application and prepared to reapply a long time ago instead of hastily doing so in May. I'm still holding out hope though since the CTE deadline is in July so could be some movement then. I've been trying to move on with giving my all to the reapplication and finalizing my living and work plans for next year, but it's so hard when I'm still holding out hope and haven't gotten the official rejection yet :/

• Care
I'm still waiting. This whole process has sucked the life out of me. I'm on 3 waitlists with no acceptances, so I'm in the process of reapplying and prewriting secondaries but still holding out hope for an acceptance or deferred admission offer. I've been refreshing the SDN pages for the schools I'm waitlisted at 10x a day for the last 2 months. Anyone else confused/frustrated that their app must have been decently strong to get an interview at Keck but for some reason wasn't good enough for an acceptance at any of the many med schools they applied to? And I feel like if I bombed the interview or had some major red flag I would have gotten rejections already, but who knows. If I ultimately end with all rejections this cycle, part of me wishes that I never received interview offers in the first place so I would have strengthened my application and prepared to reapply a long time ago instead of hastily doing so in May. I'm still holding out hope though since the CTE deadline is in July so could be some movement then. I've been trying to move on with giving my all to the reapplication and finalizing my living and work plans for next year, but it's so hard when I'm still holding out hope and haven't gotten the official rejection yet :/
I am literally in the same boat as you... This is brutal..

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Seems like everyone knew by June 1st last year. Not sure what’s causing a delay this year…

for anyone who finally got the R after holding out hope for months (including me) - i promise one day we will look back with no regrets and be so, so grateful that we ended up exactly where we were meant to be💜

it stings now but y'all's future is way too bright to be let down by one rejection - we got this💜💜