2022-2023 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
If Dr. Arias sent out A calls last Thursday, does that mean nothing will be sent out this Thursday?

Got the A! Well, it was more of an “Ayyyy” from my Italian cousin Tony. I actually was rejected from USC in November.

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone know the waitlist movement for USC?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
If Dr. Arias sent out A calls last Thursday, does that mean nothing will be sent out this Thursday?
Wondering the same thing. They gave waitlist decisions two Thursdays ago and then A's last Thursday, so maybe waitlists again this Thursday and more A's the next? The more I try to make sense of all this, the more delusional I become.

Reactions: 1 user
Dean Arias (i think) called me earlier to say I’d be getting 70k in scholarships. I didn’t specify if it was for next year or 70k total though.

Glad to hear that scholarship offers are going out! USC's COA is seriously scary and stressing me out a bit, so fingers crossed...

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Dang do y'all think there are any more scholarship calls going out today? I'm broke 😭😭

For those who got a scholarship call from Dr. Arias, does anyone know if it's just for one year or for all four years?

Dang do y'all think there are any more scholarship calls going out today? I'm broke 😭😭
I don't know about the scholarship calls as that was a surprise, but I would check the scholarship website since some deadlines to apply are in March

I believe in past years they've given half rides as well, but I'm not sure if they're doing that this year :,)
+1. Like are they aware how much this school COSTS lmao? Does anyone know if they give bigger ones or is this like the best Keck does…?

For those of you who got the 25% scholarship email, do you know if we have to submit the scholarship contract within 5 days?

Also, does anyone know if the scholarship is binding? Like, for example, if we're still holding acceptances to other schools?

Also, does anyone know if the scholarship is binding? Like, for example, if we're still holding acceptances to other schools?

my email said you could still hold acceptances to other schools so I’m guessing not

Reactions: 1 users
Have all of the scholarship offers gone out already? Or do we think there are more coming?

Have all of the scholarship offers gone out already? Or do we think there are more coming?
Really hoping that there are still more being given out! I know they’ve also done redistribution in the past, where they give the scholarships from acceptees who turned them down to other people, but this would likely happen later in the cycle when people start committing.

For financial aid for USC, do we have to put our parental information in?

Does anyone know anything about the waitlist movement? I remember something about sending a simple "i want to go here" in the beginning of may, but do they take letters of intent?

Does anyone know anything about the waitlist movement? I remember something about sending a simple "i want to go here" in the beginning of may, but do they take letters of intent?
You can send a LoIntent on or after April 30 if you’re holding another acceptance. Not sure how many people are on the waitlist / how many they usually take

You can send a LoIntent on or after April 30 if you’re holding another acceptance. Not sure how many people are on the waitlist / how many they usually take
I am literally wondering the same thing on how many people are on the waitlist and how many they take out of that

Soooo did anyone get need based aid? Lol. Aside from the merit scholarship, I haven't seen anything 😥

Does anyone know anything about deferring for personal reasons?

Yeah in previous years it looks like they sent an email out/just wanted 1-2 sentences saying i would come here if accepted. i think i will follow this format...

ah damn. i did not get that email. i hope that doesnt mean they arent interested in me... anyone else?

can you copy/paste what the email said?
i didnt get any email either, but the alt list portal message is updated to saying after april 30th if anyone noticed that?

Do we just email them our LOI for the WL, or are you guys waiting for the email? Also, does anyone know the email address? Thanks!

Got the call today around 1pm PST! Good luck to everyone else on the waitlist! Hope you get the good news soon!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users