2022-2023 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Elmira, NY)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, everything is marked received as of 10/14/22. Is this common for people right after completing the info sesh?
I’m not sure but apparently having everything marked off seems to be a good sign?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m not sure but apparently having everything marked off seems to be a good sign?
I’d hope. Bruh I for sure messed up my recorded interview.. my intro was only a minute long or something. It read 1 min remaining when I finished that part 😭

I’d hope. Bruh I for sure messed up my recorded interview.. my intro was only a minute long or something. It read 1 min remaining when I finished that part 😭
I ain’t even gonna cap brother this school be at the bottom of the barrel for me fr LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone, I still did not get any mails or update in the portal, but I got an email from LECOM with title

URGENT PLEASE READ: Matriculation and Fee Agreement Form

Does anyone also received this?

Hi everyone, I still did not get any mails or update in the portal, but I got an email from LECOM with title

When did you get this?? This means you got accepted!!

Congratulations!! What does your portal say 14 days or 30 days or something else. Also did your folder X marks update?

Congratulations!! What does your portal say 14 days or 30 days or something else. Also did your folder X marks update?
Thank you! It said 14 days, but I didn't track when it was first changed. My folder X all marked mid Sept.

Hey does anyone else still say that they do not have requirements met? I was in the 9/30 info session and had half of my coursework completed as received on their end but not the other half (missing orgo, english classes and others for example). I'm going to email them to double check but has this issue persisted with anyone else?
I actually called them about this last week and they said they will be going through manually to enter it a few weeks after the info session.

when will us non-ED ppl get decisions? By 11/15, had my info session 10/14

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the earliest we can hear is 11/15 but no set time, my favorite limbo
Pain.. maybe LECOM is different but every school I’ve interviewed with so far has gotten a decision to me earlier than the timeline I was given originally. I want that god damn A 🫥

Pain.. maybe LECOM is different but every school I’ve interviewed with so far has gotten a decision to me earlier than the timeline I was given originally. I want that god damn A 🫥
A incoming for both of us mr.Jsmith

LECOM always gets a bad rap, which I don’t disagree with, because of the tyrannical behavior they have demonstrated at their other campuses. However, LECOM Elmira is completely different. I will preface with, its LECOM, so you will still have to wear shirt and tie during PBL or professional patient interactions and there will be no liquids in the lecture hall and PBL rooms. Some things you can’t change. However, our PBL classes are MWF for 2 hours and on T/R’s we have OPP and H&P and those days are dress down days. First year, we start with Anatomy, Embryo, Histology and all courses are done within 3 months. Histology being the biggest joke of them all. Anatomy lecture is taught to us by Erie faculty via zoom and is required attendance. Anatomy Lab is somewhat a joke as there really is little guidance. These courses are what LECOM - Elmira struggles the most with being a new school and has finally started to get the kinks worked out. Although they’re not taught the best way that they can be, we end up doing really well on our anatomy NBME at the end of the course.
Once you get past those 3 months, it really is smooth sailing. PBL, was the sole reason I chose Elmira. First year, the majority of our PBL instructors are Ph.D’s and a Nurse. Second year, all of our instructors are Physicians (M.D/D.O). PBL has taught me so much and the cases have really helped with remembering certain diseases and their presentations, to where I have thought about them during an exam and helped me work through a question. In second year, having physicians be our facilitators has been extremely helpful. They really help you start thinking like a physician and to build a thorough and well thought out DDx based on clinical presentation, PE, and labs. They are also extremely helpful when reading imaging and interpreting labs. The learning is mainly using 3rd party resources + Anki and textbooks to supplement the material in those videos. Works out very well.
OPP is amazing, yes its the class we all dread taking and is the sacrifice we make by having chosen a DO school. The class is taught in a way that is extremely helpful and really takes up as least time as it possibly can to just get us to pass the OMM portion on our boards. The instructor truly cares about our success and wellbeing. Thats all I have to say.
HP is the same, no complaints there.
Perks about this campus: having 2 hospital systems less than 20 minutes away that we are affiliated with, and one being our own home hospital. Both have ACGME accredited residencies with affiliations with our campus. In second year, we get to do early clinical engagements where we go to PC offices and are able to see patients with attending’s and begin to use the skills and apply the knowledge we’ve been taught in our HP / PBL courses. We have an agreement with our local arena and are able to help our attending’s do sports physicals before MMA fights, WWE matches, Hockey games, Lacrosse games etc and then get to sit and enjoy the event in the VIP lounge. Although it hasn't graduated a class, it's very established and carries the LECOM name.
Cons about this campus: very small community and have to drive at least an hour to get to somewhere thats more of a metro area. The “city” itself is recovering from a depression and so there is quite a bit of crime and drug abuse which at times doesn’t make it the safest area. Its getting a lot better with the school being here. Not a lot of diversity, very few hispanic and black students in all classes. Still follows A-F grading scale. During preclinical, if you want to be on the E-board of a club you need at least a 3.0 GPA. Required attendance, especially rough during the first three months. We take the NBME's for rotations.
Last remarks, the Dean and faculty TRULY care about us as a student and really want us to succeed. If you choose to go to a DO school, make sure its a school that has its own hospital system and GME opportunities.
My third year class has a COMLEX pass rate of >98% with EVERY student taking the exam.
We’ll see how our match looks next year :) All in all, if I had to choose a DO School all over again, I would 1000% go with LECOM - Elmira.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone know which LECOM campus accepts the lowest stat applicants?
All the campuses require the same stats. LECOM Elmira is not a branch campus and has the same policies and requirements as the other campuses.

Reactions: 1 user
Elmira is not less competitive, they have the largest class size for PBL but I was told that they interview over 1000 each cycle.
based on interview dates, it seems to be since people who get ii for elmira can schedule within a month while erie is like scheduled out for 6 + months.

Homie really also had to say “I want you to come and I want to see all of you” 5 times in the most creepy way possible… the students surprisingly were chill af and that PBL doc but Angela/Suzanne not knowing how to even do a co-host told me all I needed to know 😂
I interviewed with LECOM Elmira a few weeks ago and loved the entire presentation. Technology is great when it works and frustrating when it doesn't. I'm sure we have all experienced technical mishaps at least once. I thought Dr. Terry was very genuine and you could tell that everyone that presented really has the best interest of the student at heart. I chose Elmira as my preferred campus and I am anxiously waiting for a decision and I really hope I get that 'A" in the mail.

LECOM always gets a bad rap, which I don’t disagree with, because of the tyrannical behavior they have demonstrated at their other campuses. However, LECOM Elmira is completely different
I have moved your post about the school to this thread to best help current applicants learn more about LECOM’s Elmira campus.

LECOM always gets a bad rap, which I don’t disagree with, because of the tyrannical behavior they have demonstrated at their other campuses. However, LECOM Elmira is completely different. I will preface with, its LECOM, so you will still have to wear shirt and tie during PBL or professional patient interactions and there will be no liquids in the lecture hall and PBL rooms. Some things you can’t change. However, our PBL classes are MWF for 2 hours and on T/R’s we have OPP and H&P and those days are dress down days. First year, we start with Anatomy, Embryo, Histology and all courses are done within 3 months. Histology being the biggest joke of them all. Anatomy lecture is taught to us by Erie faculty via zoom and is required attendance. Anatomy Lab is somewhat a joke as there really is little guidance. These courses are what LECOM - Elmira struggles the most with being a new school and has finally started to get the kinks worked out. Although they’re not taught the best way that they can be, we end up doing really well on our anatomy NBME at the end of the course.
Once you get past those 3 months, it really is smooth sailing. PBL, was the sole reason I chose Elmira. First year, the majority of our PBL instructors are Ph.D’s and a Nurse. Second year, all of our instructors are Physicians (M.D/D.O). PBL has taught me so much and the cases have really helped with remembering certain diseases and their presentations, to where I have thought about them during an exam and helped me work through a question. In second year, having physicians be our facilitators has been extremely helpful. They really help you start thinking like a physician and to build a thorough and well thought out DDx based on clinical presentation, PE, and labs. They are also extremely helpful when reading imaging and interpreting labs. The learning is mainly using 3rd party resources + Anki and textbooks to supplement the material in those videos. Works out very well.
OPP is amazing, yes its the class we all dread taking and is the sacrifice we make by having chosen a DO school. The class is taught in a way that is extremely helpful and really takes up as least time as it possibly can to just get us to pass the OMM portion on our boards. The instructor truly cares about our success and wellbeing. Thats all I have to say.
HP is the same, no complaints there.
Perks about this campus: having 2 hospital systems less than 20 minutes away that we are affiliated with, and one being our own home hospital. Both have ACGME accredited residencies with affiliations with our campus. In second year, we get to do early clinical engagements where we go to PC offices and are able to see patients with attending’s and begin to use the skills and apply the knowledge we’ve been taught in our HP / PBL courses. We have an agreement with our local arena and are able to help our attending’s do sports physicals before MMA fights, WWE matches, Hockey games, Lacrosse games etc and then get to sit and enjoy the event in the VIP lounge. Although it hasn't graduated a class, it's very established and carries the LECOM name.
Cons about this campus: very small community and have to drive at least an hour to get to somewhere thats more of a metro area. The “city” itself is recovering from a depression and so there is quite a bit of crime and drug abuse which at times doesn’t make it the safest area. Its getting a lot better with the school being here. Not a lot of diversity, very few hispanic and black students in all classes. Still follows A-F grading scale. During preclinical, if you want to be on the E-board of a club you need at least a 3.0 GPA. Required attendance, especially rough during the first three months. We take the NBME's for rotations.
Last remarks, the Dean and faculty TRULY care about us as a student and really want us to succeed. If you choose to go to a DO school, make sure its a school that has its own hospital system and GME opportunities.
My third year class has a COMLEX pass rate of >98% with EVERY student taking the exam.
We’ll see how our match looks next year :) All in all, if I had to choose a DO School all over again, I would 1000% go with LECOM - Elmira.
Thank you so much for your insight. I was nervous to get placed in this campus because it is brand-new, but it seems they are getting the things in line.
I hope I get an A from there. :)

Are any of you able to get on the portal? Mine says servers are down

Got a letter and email a few weeks back from LECOM indicating I should enroll in their master’s program to strengthen my application. My portal still says to wait for a decision. Does this mean I’m not even placed on the waitlist or rejected?

Got a letter and email a few weeks back from LECOM indicating I should enroll in their master’s program to strengthen my application. My portal still says to wait for a decision. Does this mean I’m not even placed on the waitlist or rejected?
When was your info sesh?

Got the "30 day decision" note on my portal. Based on previous posts this seems like it's likely an R :/

Checked my portal for Elmira and noticed this, info session 10/14:
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days.

Reactions: 1 users
Checked my portal for Elmira and noticed this, info session 10/14:
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days.
Was in drthedude’s info sesh, no change to my portal yet 😙🤨

So this is weird, my 14 day Elmira notification is now under Erie? And Elmira now is using the same wording Erie used to use saying “your application is under review.” Even though I interviewed at Elmira and ranked it #1 and has the 14 day notification under it, is this just a visual glitch?

So this is weird, my 14 day Elmira notification is now under Erie? And Elmira now is using the same wording Erie used to use saying “your application is under review.” Even though I interviewed at Elmira and ranked it #1 and has the 14 day notification under it, is this just a visual glitch?
That's how it looks for me even though I ranked Erie #1. Not sure what it means yet.

14 day decision update for Elmira just today wooo (🫥). Info sesh on 10/14

9/23 info session, no update on decision at all yet. Seeing people with sessions before mine also havent gotten a decision update yet. Is this normal for LECOM?

Wusup everybody - been lurking on this forum for a long time now, and have gotten a lot of comfort in our virtual commiseration. Hopefully we all hear back good news this week. I'm like a dog chasing down the mailman these days! Info sesh 10/7, and 14 day portal change this last Friday. Sending good vibes to all you folks!

I feel like it is kind of strange that practically everyone who is getting their portals updated with a decision on this page and the LECOM-Erie page are all people who have had their info sessions more recently (October and later). I have barely seen any decision updates for people who had info sessions in September or earlier other than people who had initially done early decision.

9/23 info session, no update on decision at all yet. Seeing people with sessions before mine also havent gotten a decision update yet. Is this normal for LECOM?
This is what I am wondering too. Whether A's, R's, or WL's, I would at least assume that those decisions would generally be sent out at least somewhat chronologically in the order of people who interviewed and attended info sessions at the earlier dates. I don't really understand why so many people who interviewed and did info sessions 1-2 months later than others are seemingly getting their portals mostly updated before those that completed things much earlier.

Last edited:
My info session was 9/30. Portal updated last Friday to "decision made"/14 day notice. No mail yet.
I interviewed for Elmira but marked Erie as my first choice, and my portal did the switch others have noted: Erie had been "under review" but it now has the 14 day notice; Elmira had been "committee will let you know decision" (something to that effect) and now is "under review." Probably pointless to try to read those tea leaves; just hoping.