2022-2023 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Elmira, NY)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II earlier today! Complete 7/26

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
my info session is this friday and i got the email with link and everything. it says i can do early decision and find out by sept 30 still! so that means i get a decision within one week!??!

Reactions: 1 user
my info session is this friday and i got the email with link and everything. it says i can do early decision and find out by sept 30 still! so that means i get a decision within one week!??!
I believe, so since they said they'd let us know by September 30. It's kinda nerve-wracking (I did ED too), and I was also kind of let down bc we were literally told that most people get waitlisted this early on bc they still don't know how many people will commit so they don't have a good idea of class size yet till the spring

I believe, so since they said they'd let us know by September 30. It's kinda nerve-wracking (I did ED too), and I was also kind of let down bc we were literally told that most people get waitlisted this early on bc they still don't know how many people will commit so they don't have a good idea of class size yet till the spring
so are u saying it might be better to not do early decision? lol

I had an early II last cycle and scheduled for 2nd info session and opted for ED. Was ultimately put on alternative list and never got off. So I don't think it's a bad thing to opt in for early decision. I can only see the pros of doing ED because they may prioritize your application first since they have a deadline to meet as opposed to having it in another pile. Just having them review your application can be beneficial because seats aren't filled up yet. But I could be wrong, just how I see it.

I still did it. I figured If they like me they’ll take me whether I do early decision or not haha. But the way I saw it was that if I did early decision they’d have to make a decision on my file sooner and they knew I was serious

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey has anyone gotten the email with zoom credentials for the info session for friday (9/30)?

Hello everyone! When I submitted my secondary I had ranked Elmira number 1 and received an interview invite from Elmira, however, after further research I feel that I would prefer the lecture pathway at Erie over PBL at Elmira. I know after your info session you have to fill out a sheet ranking your choices again and was wondering if I was to switch Erie and the lecture pathway to number 1 would this hurt my chances? Thanks!

Hello everyone! When I submitted my secondary I had ranked Elmira number 1 and received an interview invite from Elmira, however, after further research I feel that I would prefer the lecture pathway at Erie over PBL at Elmira. I know after your info session you have to fill out a sheet ranking your choices again and was wondering if I was to switch Erie and the lecture pathway to number 1 would this hurt my chances? Thanks!
I’m in the exact same scenario as you

Some in the Erie discussion are saying they received decision notifications but not actual decisions. Has anyone gotten the same for Elmira?

Some in the Erie discussion are saying they received decision notifications but not actual decisions. Has anyone gotten the same for Elmira?
I was in the first informational session, still no status updates on the portal for me

I was in the second informational session (8/12) and I still have all red Xs on my checklist. My status is still a "thank you for attending your interview" message

That shouldn't hurt your chances at all, unless you gushed about how great a fit Elmira and PBL is for you in the interview. They let you rank again precisely because they know people may change their minds throughout this process. FWIW I also changed my ranking after the info session

anyone got any answer yet on decissions? people said last year they came out on the 29th.

decisions are sent by mail right? is there any other way to know that a decision has been made?

decisions are sent by mail right? is there any other way to know that a decision has been made?
You'll get an email and then mail a few days later. I think I also received a text, but that's only if you opt in for the text notifications.

You'll get an email and then mail a few days later. I think I also received a text, but that's only if you opt in for the text notifications.
ahh got it, I have opted for text notifications so I guess I'll keep an eye out. Do they just text that a decision has been made?

For me on my checklist, everything is still marked not received lmao should I do anything about that?

For me on my checklist, everything is still marked not received lmao should I do anything about that?
I don't think you need to worry, it says I'm still missing credits for some chem classes, they probably just didn't update it on their end.

this waiting is driving me crazy. i wish they would just send them out already.

my status still isn't updated and nothing is checked off so I'm thinking we might have to wait into October a bit. maybe delay from the hurricane

my portal now says they sent a letter... do we live in the 1900s? why cant they just update the portal.

How’d y’all think you did after the interview and what is the result so far? Freaking out because I honestly think I bombed it. Didn’t get a single question I prepared well for :( and I kept saying uhhhh. Feels like I just blew my only interview

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
How’d y’all think you did after the interview and what is the result so far? Freaking out because I honestly think I bombed it. Didn’t get a single question I prepared well for :( and I kept saying uhhhh. Feels like I just blew my only interview
I don't think 90 seconds is enough for a proper answer. You have to do your best to answer the question directly without going off tangent. I'm sure you did fine. Saying uhh is a natural part of human speech. I think they should stop preventing students from saying uhh or marking down points.

Does anyone have an idea the effect of campus selection has on admission? I wouldn't mind going to any of the campuses, but was curious if there was one campus that would be "less competitive" than the others?

Does anyone have an idea the effect of campus selection has on admission? I wouldn't mind going to any of the campuses, but was curious if there was one campus that would be "less competitive" than the others?
i heard elmira

Does Elmira send out the 14 day notification or is that just something Erie does?

Has anyone received any letters? Still waiting anxiously!

Nope :( I haven’t gotten a text or anything on my portal indicating a decision has been made. What’s going on lmao