2023-2024 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Elmira, NY)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrawing my acceptance, I hope that it goes to one of you lovely people!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! I just got an invite for the virtual interview today. Is anyone able to provide a background on what it was like and what to expect? Thanks!

Hi! I just got an invite for the virtual interview today. Is anyone able to provide a background on what it was like and what to expect? Thanks!
The recorded interview questions are straightforward: why do, why doctors, etc — use the SDN questions. The Zoom session for me was one simple question, like introducing yourself, followed by one ethical question.

Members don't see this ad :)
For any current students at LECOM, do you feel the vibe at campus is more competitive or more collaborative?

😵‍💫 WL today from Elmira. Got the notification via email so I could send the form in. Interview info session was 12/1 and LM is 64. Honestly it’s kinda crazy to me how they do their whole process

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
😵‍💫 WL today from Elmira. Got the notification via email so I could send the form in. Interview info session was 12/1 and LM is 64. Honestly I’m not heartbroken cuz I have other schools (both MD and DO) to hear back from but it’s kinda crazy to me how they do their whole process
Just got the same email and have the same feelings about it. Still waiting to hear back from from my 1 state MD school and 1 DO school so I'm not gutted about it, just a little confused on their whole process since I'm (not to sound absolutely intolerable) well above what is considered an average applicant for them stats & EC wise.

Just got the same email and have the same feelings about it. Still waiting to hear back from from my 1 state MD school and 1 DO school so I'm not gutted about it, just a little confused on their whole process since I'm (not to sound absolutely intolerable) well above what is considered an average applicant for them stats & EC wise.
Glad to know I'm not the only one! I am pretty average stat wise for LECOM, but I have tons of extra stuff in terms of EC, clinical experiences, research, etc. This is my second cycle applying to schools and my second time interviewing with LECOM. I'm also awaiting another MD and DO interview in Jan, but if you'd like to chat more about what our experiences have been this year along with mine from last year definitely PM me!

Got the A today! Is there an accepted students group chat??

+1 A off the waitlist today, will be giving it up. Hoping it goes to one of y'all!

Reactions: 1 users
interviewed 10/13 for elmira, has been silence since and then got a phone call today asking if I was still interested in the PBL pathway at Erie. has this happened with anyone else?

does anone know if they accept letters of interests/intent and if so should it be sent to a specific email or a portal. thank you!

Hi all, checking out this school for a future application, and wanted to ask a question, please: Interested in the Elmira NY campus, but when you select schools on AACOMAS, it looks like searching "Erie" only brings up the Erie PA and Bradentown FL campuses. Am I missing something? How do you apply for the NY location? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
When you apply to Lecom its to all three campuses. If you get an interview they will ask you to rank your choices. The only separate application is FL that’s not included with the other three

Had my info sesh early Nov, but still haven't heard back. I remember they said something about hearing back in 4 weeks, it's almost 8 weeks now.. The wait is killing me.

When you apply to Lecom its to all three campuses. If you get an interview they will ask you to rank your choices. The only separate application is FL that’s not included with the other three
Thanks for the assist 🤝

How much movement does the waitlist have for this school

could anyone who is visiting/has visited the school share their experience (school vibe, sitting in PBL etc)?

II today! Any interview tips, this is my first time recording a video and i tend to ramble a lot...like a lot

II today! Any interview tips, this is my first time recording a video and i tend to ramble a lot...like a lot
I'd check out the interview questions that are posted here and on reddit and record yourself answering them. You only have 90 seconds to respond so timing is key. Congrats and good luck!

• Love
Wait listed at Elmira just now. 30 day notice same day. Info Session 1/9. Any info on Wait-list movement here..

Edit: just so everyone is aware there are still "x's" in my folder in the portal, but I DO in fact have those prerequisites. I have a feeling that their poor admissions department is just swamped. And my file requires manual review.

Wait listed at Elmira just now. 30 day notice same day. Info Session 1/9. Any info on Wait-list movement here..

Edit: just so everyone is aware there are still "x's" in my folder in the portal, but I DO in fact have those prerequisites. I have a feeling that their poor admissions department is just swamped. And my file requires manual review.
Did you get an email? I was also at the 1/9 info session and got nada. No portal change either...

anyone waitlisted around august-october get off the waitlist recently?

Reactions: 1 users
Did you get an email? I was also at the 1/9 info session and got nada. No portal change either...
Yes email from admissions that also said signed letter was in snail mail. I am still super bummed about being Wait-listed here since I really want to go here. :/

Yes email from admissions that also said signed letter was in snail mail. I am still super bummed about being Wait-listed here since I really want to go here. :/
I recently got waitlisted by my top choice so I feel your pain. But it's not an R yet! Keep hope alive!

I recently got waitlisted by my top choice so I feel your pain. But it's not an R yet! Keep hope alive!
I am trying my friend! Fingers crossed that acceptances for us *somewhere* (hopefully our first choices) are on the way in the near future!

• Love
Anybody have knowledge of LECOM Elmira's clinical rotation sites? Thanks.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240129-123308.png
    Screenshot_20240129-123308.png
    256.2 KB · Views: 87
I have a question about one missing credit. Which email should I use to contact them about it? I didn't properly attribute my courses in accomas but figured they would catch it since I met all of the credit requirements in last year's application

I have a question about one missing credit. Which email should I use to contact them about it? I didn't properly attribute my courses in accomas but figured they would catch it since I met all of the credit requirements in last year's application
I had a similar situation. I emailed the Elmira interviews email and they fixed mine

Fun fact: after I received and replied to my Waitlist emails my portal changed from the 30 day message to this

You have been placed on LECOM at Elmira's Waiting List. Please contact the Erie Office of Admissions at 814-866-6641 if you would like to be removed from the list.

yall so i just submitted the lecom pathway form now at 11:36pm est, past the 9pm deadline, is this detrimental??

Got this message on my portal yesterday "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you."
I'm worried it's not saying anything about mail... The info session was on 1/23. Is this most likely an R?
I got the same message.