2022-2023 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Elmira, NY)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is what I am wondering too. Whether A's, R's, or WL's, I would at least assume that those decisions would generally be sent out at least somewhat chronologically in the order of people who interviewed and attended info sessions at the earlier dates. I don't really understand why so many people who interviewed and did info sessions 1-2 months later than others are seemingly getting their portals mostly updated before those that completed things much earlier.
I agree. It’s annoying to keep waiting and no idea when we hear any news!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long does it take for letters to arrive to NY....I got my portal update on Nov 8th and still waiting

How long does it take for letters to arrive to NY....I got my portal update on Nov 8th and still waiting
Got mine Nov 9 haha, still waiting here and I’m Midwest

Reactions: 1 user
This is so archaic, and honestly all the money for postage they have to shell out to mail all these letters? This makes no sense

Reactions: 5 users
This is so archaic, and honestly all the money for postage they have to shell out to mail all these letters? This makes no sense
I interviewed at a school that does the same thing, and to make matters worse, most applicants don't get a decision until Feb. Mind you, I interviewed in early October. I have no idea why any institution would use physical mail to communicate an acceptance in the 21st century.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed at a school that does the same thing, and to make matters worse, most applicants don't get a decision until Feb. Mind you, I interviewed in early October. I have no idea why any institution use physical mail to communicate an acceptance in the 21st century.
I feel like I’m in a god damn 90s teen coming-of-age movie waiting for a letter from my top college (Elmira is not but that’s the movie trope loll) 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I feel like I’m in a god damn 90s teen coming-of-age movie waiting for a letter from my top college (Elmira is not but that’s the movie trope loll) 🤡
Lol I feel the same way about the movie, I'm really hyped about Elmira so I'm really buzzing during this wait. I'd really love to have a portal or email answer though, and then hire a production crew to really film the scene of the 90s flick - do it up right. Maybe hire George Clooney to play me, and then Newman as the mailman

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone interview for Erie but ranked Elmira as #1 and hear back yet? I completed my info session but no updates yet...

Lol I was part of that early decision thing and then they moved me to normal decision so I have been waiting since September 30
Same here. I see people who had info session later than me getting decision updates makes me think they never liked me at first place.

Portal just updated, decision made, letter within 14 days. Info session was 9/30. I ranked Elmira first.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone try to call to ask when we can expect letters?

Just got portal updated to 14 days decision in mail. Info session 09/09

same here, info session 9/9! got the 14-day decision update on the portal on Nov 3rd. No mail yet. I am dying here lolll
have you tried calling them? your past the 14 days now tbh

have you tried calling them? your past the 14 days now tbh
Uh yeah, if I don't get by tomorrow, then I might try to do something next week. Hope they won't drag us down until Jan or Feb.

Got the 14 days update Friday morning, info session was 09/16
emoji24.png

But I selected the Nov 15 option, so the turnaround is pretty decent

Informed delivery says mine will be delivered today! Says LECOM on the front and $0.52 in postage, and was mailed out 11/17. Really hoping!!!

I couldn't sign up for informed delivery because it's not available at my address so pray for my patience!

Reactions: 2 users
Mr mailman if you see me I love the postal service pls give me my letter

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
A! We love some good news for thanksgiving so my family gets off my ass 😍🫡

Reactions: 9 users
If its not here tomorrow I fight the mailman

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
received an A in the mail!! my first one this cycle! wanted to get in touch with any current students if there are any on here?

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
My mailman letting me down fr, we try again tomorrow

People who are getting a 14-day update on their portal, what's the common consensus? Acceptance, Rejection, Waitlist, or Alternate List.

I still don't have my letter...

People who are getting a 14-day update on their portal, what's the common consensus? Acceptance, Rejection, Waitlist, or Alternate List.
I had 14 day notice and $0.52 postage and got A letter 2 days ago