2023-2024 SUNY Upstate (Norton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone still on hold? At this point, is it considered a rejection?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone still waiting on II and not on hold? Not sure if i've heard anything either ways - is this considered an R at this point?

anyone still waiting on II and not on hold? Not sure if i've heard anything either ways - is this considered an R at this point?
+1, submitted in September. Just hope we hear something soon :/

I share your hope here. But to set realistic expectations there's a youtube video of an interview from 2020 with the admissions dean - she said that if apps aren't in by latest august there's a very low chance of getting an interview unless you have pretty strong ties to the school or region. They just run out of slots, and their adcom utilizes a ranked list, so once they get to a certain point, you're dead in the water.
I'm not sure why they don't just send out Rs at that point, but I guess it ain't over til it's over!

pre-ii IS R just now LOL, before that just had silence since September submission

i have my interview in 2 weeks, can anyone share their experience with me via dm? Without disclosing any Qs of course

Members don't see this ad :)
Can any current students speak about the MEDSET program and if it’s recommended for the “average” student?

Last edited:
Are there any current med students who can talk about their experiences at SUNY Upstate? If you're interested in neurosurgery or general surgery, will you have the resources to work up a competitive application?

IS A around 12 today. interviewed 3 weeks ago : ) Is there an accepted students groupme?

Reactions: 4 users
Is there anything we have to do before the interview aside from uploading a picture? Just want to make sure I don't miss anything.

Anyone still not rejected pre-ii?
I’ve been on hold since early October. I recently sent in an update letter/letter of interest (nothing to update aside from hours, but YOLO). Hopes aren’t very high, but it ain’t over till I have that rejection in my email.

I'm on the HPA (interviewed early november and found out mid-December). I hope waitlist movement is faster this year compared to previous years

Does anyone have any information on financial aid? Are we able to apply yet? I tried applying on the MyUpstate portal but can't seem to figure it out. Does anyone know if they even offer financial aid? (IS student if that matters)

Anyone I can message for advice about how they made their decision for the campus pref between Binghamton and Syracuse?

Does anyone have any information on financial aid? Are we able to apply yet? I tried applying on the MyUpstate portal but can't seem to figure it out. Does anyone know if they even offer financial aid? (IS student if that matters)

Nothing’s on the portal yet

Anyone I can message for advice about how they made their decision for the campus pref between Binghamton and Syracuse?

Bing is more rural, if you want to do fam med, peds, IM

Syracuse is more exposure to other specialties. That’s the vibe I got

could any M1 talk about the new curriculum, how often do you have to go in-person for classes, etc?

My applicant portal no longer says "you will be contacted when a decision is made" and now gives me applicant login information for a scholarship portal - is this an A? Is it a mistake?

Last edited:
II done 1/24 My applicant portal no longer says "you will be contacted when a decision is made" and now gives me applicant login information for a scholarship portal - is this an A? Is it a mistake?

from previous years it sounds like that is an A and they will probably send you an email tomorrow !!!!! let us know!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else still expecting a decision from December interview? No A, WL or R just dead silence.

For those that were accepted, did you get an acceptance email? I logged in to my portal and saw an acceptance letter but no email. I am really confused!

For those that were accepted, did you get an acceptance email? I logged in to my portal and saw an acceptance letter but no email. I am really confused!
From previous people's posts it looks like they send the acceptance email sometime after they update the portal

When was your interview?
i messaged you!

EDIT: I have received messages and I don't mind :) Anyone else wanting to know also feel free to message me if you have questions. Sorry if that is weird but I haven't had social media since like 2013 so even just posing here/sharing personal details is weird to me!

Last edited:
IS HPA, interviewed 1/8 but had to re-do a few stations over the following week due to WiFi connection issues on my end. Fingers crossed

Pre-II R yesterday, LM 70.4. Complete 9/11/23, Hold 10/06/23. Just sent an update letter last week, guess that reminded them to reject me😂

Interviewed today. They said that they are not planning on sending out any additional interview invitations. Unfortunately, if the information they shared is accurate, anyone who has not received an interview invitation by this point is unlikely to receive one.

Reactions: 2 users