You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 SUNY Upstate (Norton)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
There's a timer you'll be able to seeare we told how much time we have left when speaking during stations?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can any current students speak about the MEDSET program and if it’s recommended for the “average” student?
Last edited:
aspiringmed23
Full Member
Ahh congrats 🙂!!!IS A around 12 today. interviewed 3 weeks ago : ) Is there an accepted students groupme?
Anyone on hold ever got an interview?
Fatpat13
Full Member
^^^Anyone on hold ever got an interview?
aspiringmed23
Full Member
yes ii jan 4, previously on holdAnyone on hold ever got an interview?
humble_grass12
Full Member
Pre-II R today
Oysterbank
Full Member
Anyone still not rejected pre-ii?
hopefulphysiciansoon
Full Member
Anyone still not rejected pre-ii?
me
Me, complete 7/27 ISAnyone still not rejected pre-ii?
IS pre-II R
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aspiringmed23
Full Member
Is there anything we have to do before the interview aside from uploading a picture? Just want to make sure I don't miss anything.
I’ve been on hold since early October. I recently sent in an update letter/letter of interest (nothing to update aside from hours, but YOLO). Hopes aren’t very high, but it ain’t over till I have that rejection in my email.Anyone still not rejected pre-ii?
YellowLemonTract
Full Member
Is anyone here still on hold?
YupIs anyone here still on hold?
Does anyone have any information on financial aid? Are we able to apply yet? I tried applying on the MyUpstate portal but can't seem to figure it out. Does anyone know if they even offer financial aid? (IS student if that matters)
aspiringmed23
Full Member
Anyone I can message for advice about how they made their decision for the campus pref between Binghamton and Syracuse?
no.green.ham
Full Member
Does anyone have any information on financial aid? Are we able to apply yet? I tried applying on the MyUpstate portal but can't seem to figure it out. Does anyone know if they even offer financial aid? (IS student if that matters)
Nothing’s on the portal yet [emoji43][emoji94]
no.green.ham
Full Member
Anyone I can message for advice about how they made their decision for the campus pref between Binghamton and Syracuse?
Bing is more rural, if you want to do fam med, peds, IM
Syracuse is more exposure to other specialties. That’s the vibe I got
ehischimmia1111
Full Member
could any M1 talk about the new curriculum, how often do you have to go in-person for classes, etc?
eminemie11
New Member
My applicant portal no longer says "you will be contacted when a decision is made" and now gives me applicant login information for a scholarship portal - is this an A? Is it a mistake?
Last edited:
ehischimmia1111
Full Member
II done 1/24 My applicant portal no longer says "you will be contacted when a decision is made" and now gives me applicant login information for a scholarship portal - is this an A? Is it a mistake?
from previous years it sounds like that is an A and they will probably send you an email tomorrow !!!!! let us know!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1173957
For those that were accepted, did you get an acceptance email? I logged in to my portal and saw an acceptance letter but no email. I am really confused!
aspiringmed23
Full Member
From previous people's posts it looks like they send the acceptance email sometime after they update the portalFor those that were accepted, did you get an acceptance email? I logged in to my portal and saw an acceptance letter but no email. I am really confused!
Sammie2568
New Member
When was your interview?I got the email! Thank you 🙂 This is so exciting i'm so grateful!!
Pre-II R yesterday, LM 70.4. Complete 9/11/23, Hold 10/06/23. Just sent an update letter last week, guess that reminded them to reject me😂
julianbashir
Full Member
Interviewed today. They said that they are not planning on sending out any additional interview invitations. Unfortunately, if the information they shared is accurate, anyone who has not received an interview invitation by this point is unlikely to receive one.
Oysterbank
Full Member
what are the available interview dates right now?
I also interviewed on Monday and I can confirm this is trueInterviewed today. They said that they are not planning on sending out any additional interview invitations. Unfortunately, if the information they shared is accurate, anyone who has not received an interview invitation by this point is unlikely to receive one.
They said their final interview date is sometime in first week of Marchwhat are the available interview dates right now?
There is a post bacc program so some of you will be asked if you want to do it with a conditional acceptance. Al hope is not lost.
You can do your FAFSA but FAFSA is delayed this year. Noone will know their package until April earliest.Does anyone have any information on financial aid? Are we able to apply yet? I tried applying on the MyUpstate portal but can't seem to figure it out. Does anyone know if they even offer financial aid? (IS student if that matters)
You will probably have to apply for federal loans (Gradplus) and then there are private loans.
Is the MMI with actual faculty/staff members? Or is it an asynchronous recording?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
julianbashir
Full Member
The practice is a recording which is confusing, so initially I wasn’t sure if the actual interview would be a recording either!Is the MMI with actual faculty/staff members? Or is it an asynchronous recording?
But it turns out that during the real interview there will be actual people and it won’t be asynchronous.
Last edited:
Thanks for clarifying!The practice is a recording which is confusing, so initially I wasn’t sure if the actual interview would be a recording either!
But it turns out that during the real interview there will be actual people and it won’t be asynchronous.
Prob very highdoes anyone know the percentage of applicants placed in the HPA get off that list and into the A pool?
dukesmom1231
New Member
A on 2/13! Is there an accepted students group?