You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 SUNY Upstate (Norton)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
physics_123
Full Member
They were all closed-file!thank u!! was it closed-file?
Sorry all my interviews blended together and I was thinking of a different school when I said traditional station. Sorry about the confusion.
Last edited:
oh i didnt know there was a trad station! was everyone's question still the same/did u still get 2 minutes to prep for that one?Yes all were closed-file except the traditional interview was open!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's weird, all of my MMI stations here were closed file, is this for a non regular MD program?oh i didnt know there was a trad station! was everyone's question still the same/did u still get 2 minutes to prep for that one?
physics_123
Full Member
So sorry for the confusion I was thinking of a different school when I said traditional station. Disregard that statement stations are all closed-file and no traditional station so they're all the same 2 minutes to prep 6 minutes to answer!oh i didnt know there was a trad station! was everyone's question still the same/did u still get 2 minutes to prep for that one?
brainfart123
Full Member
Who else got the virtual information session email.....
premedgal444
Full Member
for MPH? me too
Diabolical email for realWho else got the virtual information session email.....
VINILOVER123
Full Member
IS II Lm63 complete 9/4 😀, info session might be sign, never had one come this late in day
Congrats! Ever placed hold?IS II Lm63 complete 9/4 😀, info session might be sign, never had one come this late in day
prettypremed123
Full Member
IS II , complete 08/20. Its weird cause last night i got a reminder email to sign up for an interview date , im not sure if i was supposed to be checking the portal bc i never got an initial email.
surelycalm
Full Member
You should have gotten an email.IS II , complete 08/20. Its weird cause last night i got a reminder email to sign up for an interview date , im not sure if i was supposed to be checking the portal bc i never got an initial email.
With that said, I'd recommend checking portals daily as emails sometimes get lost (from any school).
brainfart123
Full Member
So I just checked my portal for the first time in like months but I just noticed that under the "requirements" section, the status column is blank. Is this a problem..? I received an application complete email tho.
cookiemonster278
Full Member
It's like that for everyoneSo I just checked my portal for the first time in like months but I just noticed that under the "requirements" section, the status column is blank. Is this a problem..? I received an application complete email tho.
gradientfactor
Full Member
IS II, completed 7/16
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cookiemonster278
Full Member
congrats! when is the earliest interview date?OOS II! Completed 8/10
soccermed23
New Member
has anyone who interviewed in october heard back? does anybody know when we’re supposed to hear?
mcdonaldhashbrown
Full Member
I'm sure this a frequently asked question but what does the hold process look like? Is it a soft rejection or 50/50 shot of getting an II?
VINILOVER123
Full Member
More like 30/70, usually means they are considering more people, then they come back to fill remaining spots. this has been something ive been told by m1's around
cookiemonster278
Full Member
Still haven't heard from upstate and I've been complete since 7/24...wondering when I'll hear back ugh 🙁
soccermed23
New Member
has anyone who interviewed 10/8 heard back?
I believe it was January 8th!congrats! when is the earliest interview date?
justanaverageguy
Full Member
Is there an accepted students GroupMe?
During my interview (11/19), they said to expect a decision between 4 and 6 weeks. They also said to email them if you haven't heard back after 6 weeks.When should the November interviewees hear back?
Has anyone gotten off the pre-II waitlist?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
simplemeee3
New Member
Just received an II!! I was put on application hold 10/18 with the wave of others. When I logged in to schedule the interview just now, there were interview dates open consistently from Jan-March.
For anyone already having done the interview, about how long does the interview day last? I know there is a 1 hour information meeting but beyond that, is it just the MMIs? And how long do the MMIs take (total)? TIA 😊
For anyone already having done the interview, about how long does the interview day last? I know there is a 1 hour information meeting but beyond that, is it just the MMIs? And how long do the MMIs take (total)? TIA 😊
Congratulations!! Did you send an update after your hold?Just received an II!! I was put on application hold 10/18 with the wave of others. When I logged in to schedule the interview just now, there were interview dates open consistently from Jan-March.
For anyone already having done the interview, about how long does the interview day last? I know there is a 1 hour information meeting but beyond that, is it just the MMIs? And how long do the MMIs take (total)? TIA 😊
simplemeee3
New Member
Thanks!!Congratulations!! Did you send an update after your hold?
No. I was about to though, I had it fully drafted and planned to send it this week. I’ll probably send it after the interview at this point.
cookiemonster278
Full Member
I doubt you should be concerned. It's only been a monthAnyone hear back from 11/06 interview? Is it concerning if I haven’t heard back yet?
True but everyone on here got their decisions in 2-3 weeksI doubt you should be concerned. It's only been a month
cookiemonster278
Full Member
Someone above commented that they were told it typically takes 4-6 weeks to hear back and if you haven’t heard back after 6 weeks to contact themTrue but everyone on here got their decisions in 2-3
cookiemonster278
Full Member
Not another info session email 🥲🥲
cookiemonster278
Full Member
Wow. Did u email them?they said id hear back post ii by end of nov but still haven't heard ;-;
docjflowers
Full Member
hi! did other As get an email about setting up your upstate email? it felt early in the cycle to get this so I wanted to see if that was normal, thanks!!
Last edited:
When did you interview?they said id hear back post ii by end of nov but still haven't heard ;-;
justanaverageguy
Full Member
No… I haven’t heard of anyone receiving an email like thishi! did other As get an email about setting up your upstate email? it felt early in the cycle to get this so I wanted to see if that was normal, thanks!!
soccermed23
New Member
The “your application is under committee review” disappeared from my portal. Anyone know what that means?[/QUOTE]
this happened to me a few hours before i got my decision
this happened to me a few hours before i got my decision
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
justanaverageguy
Full Member
They have most likely made a decision and will be updating the portal soonThe “your application is under committee review” disappeared from my portal. Anyone know what that means?
Nice! When was your interview?I just checked again and now it gave me details to create an account! No official letter yet though
Interview was 11/13!Nice! When was your interview?
did u also get the same portal changes?Nice! When was your interview?