You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 SUNY Upstate (Norton)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
silicate-meow
Full Member
came here to say that i also got an IS hold today at 4pm. tbh im being optimistic
AspiringVermontDoc
New Member
Mine just shows an application summary? Am I doing something wrong? Interviewed 9/24
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
endlessloveofdevotion
New Member
Same here. Also interviewed 9/24Mine just shows an application summary? Am I doing something wrong? Interviewed 9/24
endlessloveofdevotion
New Member
I checked the summary menu and now it's showing college transcript requirements.
endlessloveofdevotion
New Member
IS A! 🙂
golgibody787
Full Member
I was gonna say I think that means you’re in but I saw your next post. Congratulations!!I checked the summary menu and now it's showing college transcript requirements.
AspiringVermontDoc
New Member
OOS A!
(9/24 interview)
(9/24 interview)
lmao same. Canadian hold :/OOS hold, I'm just gonna take it as a rejection lmao
Damn II dates aren't until early next year
I see two dates in DecemberDamn II dates aren't until early next year
I accidentally put my comment in upstate instead of downstate…whoopsI see two dates in December
flykidfrombk
Full Member
IS Hold
TheBolter
Full Member
what were your stats if you don't mind sharing?IS Hold
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
flykidfrombk
Full Member
4.0 523 but no ties to upstate or anything like thatwhat were your stats if you don't mind sharing?
+1 IS II
Last edited:
AspiringVermontDoc
New Member
Do I need to pay my deposit now to secure my spot, and does this commit me to going to Upstate? It’s feels early to commit to one school.
CurledAlarmist
Full Member
I am unsure about your specific question so maybe someone else can help but I do believe that paying a deposit secures your seat and is not a promise that you will commit to any school.Do I need to pay my deposit now to secure my spot, and does this commit me to going to Upstate? It’s feels early to commit to one school.
On SUNY Upstate’s website, it says that they follow the traffic rules so accepting your offer letter and depositing the fee means that they’re holding your seat for the class. Later on in the spring, you have to cut down to three schools, then eventually one and “commit to enroll” into that program. Congratulations on your acceptance doctor!Do I need to pay my deposit now to secure my spot, and does this commit me to going to Upstate? It’s feels early to commit to one school.
Link: https://www.upstate.edu/com/admissions/aamc-accept-protcol.php
Is it better to be on a hold or not have heard anything yet lol
I guess the laterIs it better to be on a hold or not have heard anything yet lol
pinkbowbunny
Full Member
Anyone who interviewed 10/1 hear back? My portal used to say complete, but now it has been blank for weeks.
When did you submit secondaries and what was the wording they used? Last years thread may be helpful to give some ideas.got an IS hold today at 4pm 🙁 is it a soft R?
wondering the samegot an IS hold today at 4pm 🙁 is it a soft R?
pinkbowbunny
Full Member
IS post-II R
submitted secondaries late july, and they said:When did you submit secondaries and what was the wording they used? Last years thread may be helpful to give some ideas.
"Your application to the College of Medicine at SUNY Upstate Medical University has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. At this time, we would like to inform you that your application has been placed on HOLD. Applications that have been placed on HOLD are periodically re-reviewed through February.
If there have been any relevant changes to your application that you would like the committee to consider when your application is re-reviewed, you may upload one brief update by logging into your application portal. Please use the Upload Materials section when you log in. Examples of a relevant updates might include information pertaining to new grades and/or experiences (research/volunteer/community service/paid employment etc.).
It is not possible at this time to predict the final action of the Committee regarding your application, and we do appreciate your patience. Once a final decision on your application has been reached, the Committee will inform you, in writing, of their decision."
Rabcoleman7
Full Member
Well now my portal doesn't say under review it got rid of the red text underneath processed applications and when I click on my Fall 2026 application there is a spot for transcript. Is this a good sign from people who have heard back??Has anyone heard back from 10/7 interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rabcoleman7
Full Member
+1 IS A. Can confirm changes to portal was a pre-acceptance type deal haha. Good luck to everyone still waiting. One day at a time!!
XpressoShot
Full Member
Congrats!!! When was your interview?+1 IS A. Can confirm changes to portal was a pre-acceptance type deal haha. Good luck to everyone still waiting. One day at a time!!
Rabcoleman7
Full Member
10/7 thx so much!!!Congrats!!! When was your interview?
Just received a hold, does anyone know from past years if this is considered a soft R or if it’s neutral?
+1 OOS hold, frankly I’m surprised. I was complete last year a bit earlier than this year and was rejected by this time last year. I’ll take it, soft R or not
Just received a hold, does anyone know from past years if this is considered a soft R or if it’s neutral?
What date did you submit your secondaries?+1 OOS hold, frankly I’m surprised. I was complete last year a bit earlier than this year and was rejected by this time last year. I’ll take it, soft R or not
somewhere around 09/17/25What date did you submit your secondaries?
Content_Power_5151
Full Member
Just checked my portal to see high priority alternate. Interviewed 10/7 and they said they made the decision 11/6. Never received an email.
I submitted on 8/2What date did you submit your secondaries?
XpressoShot
Full Member
Did anyone from 10/28 interview day get a response?
notphysicsguy
Full Member
Interviewed 10/29, still nothing so far.Did anyone from 10/28 interview day get a response?
painfreemd
Full Member
Any news for anyone who interviewed Oct 28th/29th ???
XpressoShot
Full Member
Nope. 😓Any news for anyone who interviewed Oct 28th/29th ???
painfreemd
Full Member
I think there should be news by the end of this week or definitely next week .Nope. 😓
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
biggestbird_
New Member
I am also on pre-II hold, would love to hear about if anyone has gotten an II after 🙂
(OOS, secondaries sent 8/26, hold received 10/17, update letter sent 10/22)
(OOS, secondaries sent 8/26, hold received 10/17, update letter sent 10/22)
silicate-meow
Full Member
im wondering the same!!I am also on pre-II hold, would love to hear about if anyone has gotten an II after 🙂
(OOS, secondaries sent 8/26, hold received 10/17, update letter sent 10/22)
and, as someone who is also on hold, how much sway does the update letter add to someones application/chances of an II? i was placed on hold around october
Also wondering about this question!im wondering the same!!
and, as someone who is also on hold, how much sway does the update letter add to someones application/chances of an II? i was placed on hold around october
XpressoShot
Full Member
High priority alternate
painfreemd
Full Member
When did you interview?High priority alternate
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K